• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan_Waters

I have contributed:

It is possible to make concrete in large marshalling yards, if there is a terminal. And on the small sorting stations, where only sorting cars do the ground. For example, not far from my house sorting station "Mosselmash" where only cars are sorted on the composition, everything on the ground.

If it is not entirely clear - that I'm sorry for my English.

You are doing great! :thumbsup:

Simmer2

c.p.
Hump yards tend to be messy. The one I saw in operation here had almost all access roads made out of dirt, thus the reason why I made that one.

mgb204
Once I finish this project I will focus on the Intermodal Terminal and we will talk more about this. Thanks!

Thank you Alan_Waters

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Swordmaster

I get the impression that concrete terminals are mostly a North American thing. European terminals seem to use simple railyard layouts with concrete decks on the side.

The cranes roll on their own tracks, so they don't need any paving.

Cheers
Willy

Simmer2

Quote from: Swordmaster on February 05, 2016, 11:33:29 AM
I get the impression that concrete terminals are mostly a North American thing. European terminals seem to use simple railyard layouts with concrete decks on the side.

The cranes roll on their own tracks, so they don't need any paving.

Cheers
Willy

Thus my conundrum  :D
________________________________________________________________________________

Simmer2

Half done. I only have to fill the rest of the tracks with the timed trains on these.... ;D
What do you think?

Vizoria

:o <makes incomprehensible mutterings of ecstasy>  :o

What a lot! What a lot!

Someone needs a karma point.

:bnn:  :bnn:  :bnn:

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Gugu3

This stunning!Great lot! :thumbs:

noahclem

Beautiful work with these yards  &apls I still think a hump yard would be unlikely to exceed the slope of the steepest conventional rails by such a massive extent though ;)

MushyMushy

While I like both of the concrete terminal designs (in and not in between the tracks), I kind of like the idea of having the concrete in between the tracks as well as I feel like this would make the textures more usable in a possible port setup. Most of the ports I've seen pictures of have concrete between the rails so that trucks and such can move more freely. I realize this is completely different from the standard run-of-the-mill container terminal you're hoping to make, but you said that you were going to pick one as a standard. I personally lean towards the concrete-filled design being used as the standard for the above reason.

Themistokles

That looks really good! And so quick... &apls
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

mgb204

One more I will come in and completely miss the main event, I'm drooling over the grass/dirt textures! Really fantasic those, it just looks realistic to have it all in broken patches like that!

P.s. I like the hump yard too  :D

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Mandarin(a)

Simmer2

Thank you all for the encouraging words!!
I will not disappoint  :thumbsup:

Once I have all the lots finalized, the only thing left will be to write a PDF document illustrating how the parts will fit together.
This project will need a small tutorial to make sure it all works.

Simmer2/Nick

PS. Thank you Vizoria for the KP!

Simmer2

Here are the other 2 halves, the field admin office/warehouse and the ballast depot.
The hardest part is done, now comes the tedious part  :D

omgitskosc

This is a seriously cool looking hump yard, excellent texture and lotting work! I'm also completely mesmerized by that water texture in particular - that is ridiculously realistic looking! :thumbsup:

Swordmaster

Gugu3

Simmer2

I added a new level of realism. Why not.
Spring loaded retarders, they are used to catch the first train cars that run to the end of the hump yard.

Such as this one..

And so I redid 57 new rail textures..

Nick