• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Quote from: Vizoria on April 16, 2016, 12:49:00 PM
However I did notice that crime in the lots is very high, even with a police station nearby. Perhaps you could do something in PIMX or something to sort out the crime? The building becomes dilapidated when running the simulation.

The crime can be a problem with bigger lots. As I have understood, there is very little that can be done about it.

Vizoria

I have used the "Crime doesn't pay" mod and the crime issue is no longer a problem. Thanks compdude787 for the recommendation!

Simmer2

So, to reiterate.
This is where I'm at for the time being, remember its still work in progress.
I had to shrink the pic significantly in order to fit within the forum rules, therefore some details may not show clearly.

From this...

To this.
________________________________________________________________________________

APSMS

Nick, you can use the tag
[img width=1024]image url[/img]to comply with the site rules and avoid losing picture quality. This allows both low and hi res monitors to view the image in full glory, but the low res users can still see the whole image without scrolling.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Vizoria

Simmer2 you are the God of texture creation!

Incredible stuff, incredible stuff!

belfastsocrates

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Gugu3

Simmer2

Thank you APSMS, Vizoria, belfastsocrates and Gugu3

APSM, that's good to know.

The base texture is all done.
The reason this project is taking longer than usual is because due to the odd angles involved I'm actually making a lot of the props that will go with this lot.
Pull polygons.....move vertexes...UV mapping...mesh shredding...paint...repair dents (lol) and then render....re-render....re-re-render....etc etc.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Simmer2

Update on the Gogar Tram Depot.
It is still a work in progress, lots of props still to make. They are hard enough to make but having to do a dozen or so angles for every iteration is truly a pain in the neck. I may retire before I complete this project... :D
I'm debating if I should continue with the wired catenaries or just do the whole thing with wire-less poles..lol.
I also had to adjust the base texture to accommodate mgb204's ortho depots. The real ones are on an 18.5 degree angle therefore I had to adapt.

Here are a few pics. Keep in mind that the lot is still pretty bare and in its infancy. Far from being fully populated.
I may also still change the texture, even though the depot is a replica of a brand new project, I may scuff up the concrete with tire marks and or oil stains and perhaps make transition tiles for the road connections. Still a lot to do.

compdude787

Looks nice! I think you should try and make the road in your lot line up better with the game's road and of course make the cars drive on the right side of the road, for those of us who don't live in LHD countries. ;)
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Gugu3

belfastsocrates

The looks incredible so far! Amazing work

I was wondering what you were going to do in regard to the trams and the angled platforms. Now I know, the tram props look excellent!

I agree with you in regard to making it a bit dirtier. Such great work!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Themistokles

Looks great! &apls The far trams add much to the realism.

I'd argue for wireless catenaries, not because of looks (these ones that you've done already look stunning and honestly I wish they'd appear on the whole tram network :D) but in order to keep it consistent with the rest of the network. For the same reason I'd consider using MandelSofts catenaries, to cut down on work and because it's the only GLR catenary mod out there. (And to my mind they are really good, too, albeit unfinished and wireless.) Also, just a thought, how do you think about standard gauge vs. RRW gauge?
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

feyss

Kergelen

Amazing textures. Looks so realistic &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Mandarin(a)

Those curves, that complexity ... What can I say, I am on standby   &apls

Swordmaster

Alan_Waters

Simmer2

compdude787 Gotta make the Europeans happy too no?  ;D

Gugu3 Thanks!

belfastsocrates See what you started?  ;)

Themistokles Mandelsoft never released a full GLR set of catenaries. I believe it is still a work in progress. However you will be happy to know that I re-did all the pylons in HD and no wires in sight. My set will include 13 different angles. No such collection exist anywhere.

feyss Thank you!

Kergelen All my projects shall have unique textures, nothing also will do!  :thumbsup:

Mandarin(a) Thank you!

Swordmaster Thanks Willy! I'm glad to know that you are still kicking around  :D

Alan_Waters Glad you like it!

Nick

Simmer2

Update.
Things are proceeding well and almost all props are done.

Still work in progress therefore....