• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelis

This is perfect !! Thank you so much for share it  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Simmer2

Started with a cylinder and a cube.....what is it?

Its just at the very beginning therefore very WIP

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

metarvo

They look like silos, of which I always approve.  ;) 
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Simmer2

Thanks metarvo.

Eventually it will look like this....

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

mrbisonm

Quote from: Simmer2 on December 09, 2017, 09:43:39 AM
Thanks metarvo.

Simmer2/Nick

Yessir! Those Grainsilos will be perfect for the bigger Farms. I have one also in my MFP1 set, but totally different and out of cement, something we see in the western Prairies of Canada.

&bis&ove it!!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Unconstantean

^^ It will fit also in any port (sea or river)
Here are a couple of grain silos in the port at my  hometown, they are owned by Ameropa (an american based grain operator)

Also the silos built over 100 years ago. It's amazing to see the difference in architecture and form.

Simmer2

Hi Fred You stand correct! This one is in Manitoba, its one of Paterson's grain elevators. It is indeed colossal, it can hold 39,000 tons of grains!!

Unconstantean I guess it could be placed in a port setting if you like. I will be making an inland lot for this model. Love those turn of the century ones!!

Continuing with the models construction.....still a lot to do therefore WIP alert!
I placed a man in the render to have a reference of the massive size of this model. There will be a huge bucket elevator mechanical assembly on the top of the superstructure.
Also several miles of piping to go with it and more detailed texturing.

Simmer2/Nick

mrbisonm

Like the "Hello" fellow, giving us a perfect idea of the size. ;)

FrankU

Quote from: mrbisonm on December 09, 2017, 12:14:56 PM
Quote from: Simmer2 on December 09, 2017, 09:43:39 AM
Thanks metarvo.

Simmer2/Nick

Yessir! Those Grainsilos will be perfect for the bigger Farms. I have one also in my MFP1 set, but totally different and out of cement, something we see in the western Prairies of Canada.

&bis&ove it!!

Fred

Those monsters might be appropriate for real industrial sized farm lots. Like stage 6 or 7 in the CAM 2.
But how large are the plots of land to fill these? One whole large city tile I guess?

Simmer2

Thanks Fred!

Hi Frank.
That's too bad you don't like it. I thought since the game lacks these types of structures it was high time to introduce them.

The final lot will probably be somewhere around 8X10, not a whole large city tile :D and it will of course be rail served therefore a new freight yard will arise.

Perhaps I should abandon the project?

Nick

mrbisonm

Quote from: Simmer2 on December 10, 2017, 12:11:58 PM

No!! We need those  for real North-American farms, they're a part of this. I am building one too, different though and maybe even bigger since I plan to fit it on a 16x22 lot. ;)

....similar to this below, should become a train depot also and a harbourlot.

Fred

Tyberius06

Why would you do that?
Not that we can have enough large city tiles to fill these up... ;) I think we have! So I don't see the problem. I can't wait to see an other industrial/agricultural rail yard...:) So just keep working on these new props!

Thanks in advance!

- Tibi
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Andreas

Which such a monster might not fit into a scenic rural setting, I can certainly see those near a larger city, like the proposed railyard, or a harbour, as Fred suggested. No need to abandon it alright. :)
Andreas

Unconstantean

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Don't abandon it!!!!!!!!! My seaport needs it for the big grain terminal. Huge grain silos like this are always near big cities/ports. Were i leave there is one huge silo like the one in Fred's pic at the outskirt of the city and 5 (FIVE) in the seaport. So YES we DO NEED silos like this if we want to build realistic cities. And I have a perfect spot for it in my game so i can't wait to see it released.

the largest of them has a capacity of  200.000 t.

matias93

You can always use the siloes in other industries too, as this noodles factory shows:

The location is super crazy btw, as is really close to the city centre and many industrial lots on the sorroundings have been redeveloped as high rise residentials.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

FrankU

Quote from: Simmer2 on December 10, 2017, 12:11:58 PM
Thanks Fred!

Hi Frank.
That's too bad you don't like it. I thought since the game lacks these types of structures it was high time to introduce them.

The final lot will probably be somewhere around 8X10, not a whole large city tile :D and it will of course be rail served therefore a new freight yard will arise.

Nick

Hi Nick, No no no!
I do like it! I just wonder how large the area of grain fields must be to realistically make a farm that can feed this silo. It's not a silo for a 10x10 tile farm, now isn't it? That's all.
But no, never abandon a project as long as you like the project. Certainly not because some fellow seems to dislike it. And then again: I really like your work. And these silos just make me feel like lotting again and adding to the set I have been making.
But first I wait for Fred....

Simmer2

Hi Fred That is one massive grain elevator &apls I have been adding to mine, a few pipes here and there...

@Tibi Its coming along nicely, thank you!

@Andreas I understand that they are mostly used near ports/industrial areas however here in Canada you will literally find them in the middle of nowhere :D Manitoba and Saskatchewan mostly. Fred can attest to it.
@Unconstantean Those are some great pics by the way! &apls

@matias93 The model I'm making includes the elevator and other trimmings and it will be rendered in one go but I will make a few stand alone mega silos for usage in port areas.

@FrankU It is a storage facility that is rail served. Grains come from 100's of kilometers away, not necessarily from local fields. It can be plopped near a city or in the middle of a field.

I added a few things and its coming along nicely. Again it is still in WIP stages. The most complex part will be on top of the concrete silo set. The bucket elevator and sorting bin with its many pipes going in to every direction just like an octopus :D
Here is a real life sample. The part I'm talking about is the metal nest on the top!

Here is my progress.

Simmer2/Nick

noahclem

Very exciting project and beautiful models and inspiration  &apls  I hope that these will complement the eventual efforts from the FrankU-Nexis Co-op very nicely!

FrankU

Ah sure.... I understand. So it's more of an instrustrial lot then. Dirty? Manufacturing? No High-tech I suppose...
Great project. Good luck with the octopus!

mrbisonm

Great!!.....maybe the rooftetxture of the mainbuilding....??....looks to me like 2 year old compost for flowerpots.... &Thk/(

Fred