• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Hi Nick ,

First of all , hats off to you for such fast reactivity ... then have had a true surprise seeing that you BATed the exact loading ramp while on the RL picture it looks so distant  :o ( Did you search for and find closer views on the Web or what ?  ::) ) . Now , is it something like this ; "yes and no" : maybe am I a bit obsessed by the RL picture but I would prefer to have the loading ramp for barges as an extension of the existing one for trains and trucks ... the same style than your so , and if I understand well your intention to release a modular set , most probably that extension could be a prop stepping over the necessary 2 tiles for railways and dirt road , that people could use or not , independently  to the original LOT you've certainly planned to release ... that formula would also allow people to choose the canal set they use ... however this is just a proposal , it would be clearly better to get more opinions than only mine !  :P

Always strange for me to see big trucks on dirt roads , this is clearly specifically american ... ( and I doubt this is still in standard use but I may be wrong ???  ) , that said , this point is secondary for LOT editors like me . And , to finish , the barge is splendid , is it a prop of yours ? I don't remember to have seen it before ( I would have downloaded it immediately ! )

Thank you again for taking on your time to satisfy our little whims ... have a merry Christmas , I'll be very busy till the end of the year , but should be able to follow this and reply , if necessary .  :)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Unconstantean

Can you make a version for seaport usage :D ?

BTW ADM is also the company that operates those big silos i showed you earlier in the pics :D The main competition for ADM in Romania is Cargill, another US company

Simmer2

Hello everyone, been busy lately.

New HD props for a new lot...SM2 Bricks and Blocks Building Supplies.
To be released shortly.

Some pics.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

Hi Nick!

Nice new props (and lot)! Is there a new fence type, it looks like concrete but different frow what I you already released! I like the shape of that! :)

- Tyberius/Tibi
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

metarvo

Always nice to see more warehouse-industrial/commercial lots, as they fit in well in a variety of regions, be they rural or small-town urban.

It goes without saying that the props make the lot here.  :thumbsup:  In particular, the addition of people to the lot goes a long way and truly creates the feel of a busy day at work.  ;D  The little electrical transformer box is a nice touch, too.

This is not to say that the building's not a big part of it.  The metal texture of this warehouse is simply beyond compare; the rust patterns add a ton of realism!

Nice work!  &apls  Too bad I can't give two likes to this...  ()stsfd()
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Simmer2

Thank you Tibi and Metarvo.

@Tyberius06 It is indeed a new type of fence, I made it 2 nights ago. It comes in 8m sections and it tiles nicely. You will find it in my latest prop pack. SM2 Prop Pack Vol6
Here are a couple of closeup renders.

2 more projects are now available to download.

Page 1 has been amended http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=17211.msg501832#msg501832

SM2 Prop Pack Vol6 here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3562

and SM2 Bricks and Blocks Building Supplies here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3563

Simmer2/Nick

________________________________________________________________________________

matias93

I love your attention to details, and really hate that people who spill the cement bags when buying them  :angrymore:

Instant download, of course, and maybe you'll find those nice new walls used on some other things given I get the time ;)

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

c.p.

Fantastic lot and I can only agree with what others have said about the attention to details (especially the people) which really bring the lot to life. :thumbsup:

eggman121

You are really doing a great job Simmer2

Can't wait to play with some of these for appropriate purposes  ;)

-eggman121

Tyberius06

Thank you Nick!

It looks really awesome! I like the new wall... Have you been planing a diagonal piece too?
Thanks anyway!

Tyberius/Tibi
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

Simmer2

Thank you all!
@Tibi, I may make the diag version of that fence once I'm done with some of the stuff I'm dabbling with at the moment.. ;)

Introducing a brand new concept for SC4, specifically for RRW users. (If you haven't switched to RRW yet I strongly suggest you do so, you are missing a lot of goodies...)
As most of you know. I have already made several True DTR sidings and its now time to go STR :)

Staggered True STR Sidings! and yes, both freight and passengers trains will happily traverse these sidings. I will create them with different lengths and off course they will have tons of timed goodies on them. Shown are a few but I created 30 different industrial rail loads for maximum diversity.
Here are some pics.

Simmer2/Nick

Gugu3

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Alan_Waters

Great!  &apls &apls &apls
How do I want to have such cars in the game.  :popcorn:

Simmer2

Here is yet another project of mine soon to be released along with the True STR sidings. 2 projects 1 prop pack  :)

Still WORK IN PROGRESS.

Teaser.

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Wooow, Nick!
Are we heading towards to (more or less) replacing jestarrs common industrial props with HD props?  &apls &apls &apls
Nice to see these new props again... and I see new railcars, or at least new loads for those railcars... :)

Amazing work!

- Tibi

Jack_wilds

along with those projects...

how about a couple surrounding teh forestry/paper industry... namly a pulp yard and  pulp mill... or paper mill and sidings...  a forestry staging yard with a mill for veneer that makes plywood...

with what you already have in props ought to be a simple thing... name the paper company after NEPCO that was in nekoosa WI back in the day at its height had seven mills in WI...

love these projects... really add to teh model railroad theme...  &apls

Simmer2

Thanks!

SM2 Shocking Jimmy's Electrical Supplies is almost done.

Added several new props, changed the main building and coded the STR rail line.

A few more pics and then I will concentrate at finishing the True STR Sidings.  You can see the freight trains crossing the lot on the first pic.

Simmer2

Tyberius06

It looks fantastic Nick!
Hm... what do you mean under "code the STR rail line"? Did you make dedicated STR paths or it still uses the DTR Transit Enabled method?
Anyway I will enjoy this lot and using your props... :)

- Tibi

Simmer2

Quote from: Tyberius06 on January 23, 2018, 05:35:20 AM
It looks fantastic Nick!
Hm... what do you mean under "code the STR rail line"? Did you make dedicated STR paths or it still uses the DTR Transit Enabled method?
Anyway I will enjoy this lot and using your props... :)

- Tibi

I made it with a dedicated STR path. The True STR Sidings will also have dedicated STR paths.  ;)