• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Winter is Coming!

Started by catty, January 19, 2016, 09:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

Cities: Skylines Snowfall

In Snowfall, the difficulty heats up when the city cools down, thanks to a new in-game temperature reading that will have residents bundling up for warmth when the weather outside is frightful. Cosmetic weather, composed of rain and fog, will be added to Cities: Skylines as part of a free update, along with other features to be announced soon. Players who own Snowfall will get to face new challenges such as ensuring that their city infrastructure can handle seasonal heating demands – and, when the snow starts falling, that the roads can stay clear. New snowplow services will be required to prevent traffic from freezing in place, while new all-weather trams and expanded public transit options can help residents and visitors alike get around town – and visit the new winter parks and landmarks available in Snowfall.

Snowfall will include:

Now is the Winter of This Content: Rain and fog for existing maps, plus a new "Winter" map theme with snow and all of its challenges
The Streetcars You Desire: Expanded public transportation options, including easier management of existing lines – and Trams, a new system demanded by fans
World Warmth, Too: Cold weather increases demands for electricity, unless new water-based heat systems are in place
Plowers to the People: Build a snowplow depot to keep traffic flowing during winter weather, and employ new road maintenance systems to keep your streets in shape
New Chirps: #yeahthereare

Link to youtube video:  https://youtu.be/D16RJNPRFxQ
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

compdude787

That's an interesting twist to the game! Not sure if I would want to buy it yet.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Simcoug

An endless winter... it truly is GOT-esque   ;D

CasperVg

It's too bad the winter mode will only be available in one new map though (the eternal one). All other maps will not see any winter. The trams are a nice addition though.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

mgb204

It's a free update with new content, what's not to like :).

I found it hard to part with 15€ for after dark, I would have to get the nite lighting, but since that was free, the leisure stuff didn't seem worth half the price of the game.

Wasn't Skylines on a recent Steam promotion, at those prices, every city builder should find sufficient value to justify a purchase. When I think of the number that pre-ordered the hideously priced monstrosity that was SC 2013, by comparison this one's a no-brainer imo. Assuming you've a decent enough PC to run it.

catty

Quote from: Simcoug on January 19, 2016, 10:08:35 AM
An endless winter... it truly is GOT-esque   ;D

:D  I wondered if anyone would "get" the post title, looking forward to April which is when we will see the next series in NZ
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

MAS71

All game-updates are welcome  :thumbsup:
I'm looking forward to use a Tram-system especially  ;)
but about a snow-falling,,,,,, ;D
Yes, as some friends already said, It would see that in ONLY 'Winter Theme Map' which will be added newly.
It's disappointing  $%Grinno$%

An important thing more than that,
I worry a most about an existing good MODs and Assets, A lot of them might be need to re-work for update,
and many good works will be leaved maybe  :-[

but there is no help for it because it's a fate of PC-game  :-[ (lol)

catty

Quote from: MAS71 on January 26, 2016, 05:38:38 PM
...An important thing more than that,
I worry a most about an existing good MODs and Assets, A lot of them might be need to re-work for update,
and many good works will be leaved maybe...

According to the latest dev diary

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/cities-skylines-snowfall-dev-diary-1-prepare-for-snowfall.903292/

they say in it

QuoteFor modders we'll have more information how to prepare their assets for the snow coming later, but what we can say at this point is that the snow is generated by code and the assets should work with minor tweaks.

So hopefully that will be the case when its released.

:)