• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RTMT version 4.0

Started by b22rian, July 14, 2017, 02:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierreh

Quote from: b22rian on July 18, 2017, 02:03:06 PM
QuoteIs it possible to install version 4 on top of version 3.6, or will it be necessary to completely delete 3.6?

oh, its possible to be sure  ;)
But the problem is, I still have no idea at all what shape the final  RTMT V 4.0 EXE install will take . So not able to answer that.

I regret to have to contradict Brian on that point. The file and folder structures in RTMT V4 will be markedly different from those in earlier versions of RTMT, so that it will not be possible to install V4 'on top'. Any older version will have to be deleted, prior to installing V4. What we don't know at this point is whether the V4 installer will take care of the required deletions, or whether this will have to handled 'by hand' as a preparatory step.

b22rian

Pierre,

thank you very much for your posting here  :thumbsup:

QuoteThe file and folder structures in RTMT V4 will be markedly different from those in earlier versions of RTMT, so that it will not be possible to install V4 'on top'. Any older version will have to be deleted, prior to installing V4

This is indeed quite true , and my comments to the contrary were quite premature.
These prior file structures for rtmt 3.5 and than addons 3.6 and 3.61 are quite different from what we work with now with the current Build of RTMT 4.0

Here are a couple of the NWM Flup stations over a GLR Flup -

mgb204

Ideally the installer will take care of removing the previous install. Honestly I've not made a lot of progress here due to other commitments, but my current installer builds are quite complex and I'm confident I can work out the coding necessary to handle such operations.

The main priority installer-wise though is just getting a basic install of all the options, with sufficient choices to allow for users to select only the components of RTMT 4.0 they want to use. So a basic install would probably look much like v3.6 but with newer updated files.

Tyberius06

Hi dear RTMT Team!

@b22rian: I'm a little confused seeing your last showed pictures. So far I haven't realized, that you were talking about actual FLUP stations... So are they working as a normal FLUP piece and a station as well? Automatas can go through under the OWR 4 (on the picture), like cars/trains, UDI?
I'm asking because with this we finally can get an alternative method to making FLUPs under NWM, until the NAM Team catches itself up and can make that secret future implementation which will be a new approach for the FLUP system and finally we may get Dexter's FLUP tunnel models... :)

Anyway, the RTMT one of my favourite mods.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

b22rian

Tyberius,

My congrats on finding out one of RTMT little secrets  :-\

Yes my friend , RTMT makes it possible to have underpasses/ flups under the NWM networks :)

Acting as both a transit station + underpass...  :thumbsup:

b22rian

Quickie Update :

Pierre, and I are having a RTMT meeting in the chat room tomorrow. So i am hoping were getting close to finalizing the RTMT station capacities  :thumbsup:

The next step beyond that is to complete the Flup Pathing for the 3 - tile wide station sets ( AVE-6 + TLA-7)..
This is necessary in order to make sure the automa functions correctly when driving thru these stations or using UDI..
This would be the final build step concerning the actual stations and there function.
However a pretty large step would be also to BETA test these 3 - tile wide stations to see if they pass functionality over all the various type of FLUPS.. Which will be a bit of a time consuming testing endeavor ...

b22rian

Another Quickie Update :

Pierre and i finally got all the station capacities finalized,,
So now I have to make the necessary changes in the building exemplars using the Live Reader.. And than the stations and the game menus will have to be looked at to make sure this was all done correctly  :thumbsup:

Also there was another item I forgot to mention on our " To Do List". before this can be released to the public..
We still have a fair amount of work to do with all the Left hand paths.. We have completed some but still there are many i think that need to be created as yet..

b22rian

New Update:

We have made some progress on the RTMT station capacities..
We are just about done with the regular stations..
And I plan on getting the bulk of the Flup capacities finished this weekend  :thumbsup:

ROLL ON RTMT, ROLL ON !!

Tyberius06

Hi!

It sounds great! I can't wait to rebuild basicly my entire Mass Transit network with these new possibilities!  :)
Thanks for the hard work on it! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

FrankU

RTMT 4, that would be great!

b22rian

Thanks both of you for your replies.. :thumbsup:

Pierre and I are still making slow but steady progress with the RTMT station capacities,,

There are now just a few left to finalize... So pretty much should still have this wrapped up by the end of the weekend..

After that,
We will than proceed to the FLUP pathing for the 3 - tile wide station sets..
As i have mentioned in an earlier posting, this is mostly for the purpose of making sure the automa and UDI functions properly thru the RTMT, 3 - tile wide stations..

APSMS

Very exciting!

Is it just you and Pierre, or has Steve been around to help as well?
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

b22rian

QuoteIs it just you and Pierre, or has Steve been around to help as well?

Steve has been helping some and even Alex has helped and offered his help to us as well...

MGB 204, is our current active team leader...
              He has helped us a lot and it is clear we cannot finish this Mod without his help.
But at the same time as you know he is also a key member of the NAM team. And so while we are trying to get NAM 36 ready and polished up for release, there are still elements of this "RTMT 4.0 home stretch drive to a future release", which Pierre and myself are capable of handling so we can allow him to put his full efforts toward NAM 36..

b22rian

New Update :

the station capacities Have been all finalized now...  :thumbsup:

and work will start shortly on the 3 - tile wide Flup paths ..

This will include paths for the Flup TLA-7 + AVE -6 station sets...

b22rian

Short update this week :

I have completed the 2 flup paths  that are necessary for the automa + and functionality of the AVE- 6 station set ..

The next step here will be to associate these paths with the individual stations. This is done by modding the Lot config exemplars of these stations..

Pierre is still working on constructing the paths for the TLA-7 station set.

The stations will have to be tested after this quite intensively.

Jack_wilds

also in your endeavers... plans include, will this work right and good with NAM 36  %confuso and up plus deal with all if not most of eth RTMT 3.x shortcomings   ??? ()what()... encourage cause better more realistic bus routing or even a player create teh bus routes to be used, same with the mono rail and trams...

good luck... quit the challenge  :thumbsup:

:)

b22rian

Thanks for your post there Jack  :thumbsup:

Yes we are hopeful that RTMT V 4.0 would fit right in with NAM 36 or 37 even..

Oh I think your going to love this version of RTMT over the past versions , sure

I too have often pondered how we can have dedicated bus routing and how we could add to that aspect of the game we love...

Have anyone ever played City skylines ?
They seem to have some excellent ideas of how the bus routing can be improved upon ?

Meanwhile, just a little side RTMT 4.0 update:

I have already associated the AVE-6 paths with the 4 stations of that flup station set..
( it was pretty quick and easy to do this step)..

b22rian

RTMT Interim Update :

I am happy to report all 4 flup paths have been completed for the 3 - tile wide flup station sets ( TLA-7 + AVE-6)  :thumbsup:

I have enough of a set up area built up in my newest city that  already I have started testing the AVE-6 Flup stations ..

Right now I am testing the road flup + glr flup .. Testing of the Ave- 6  stations has gone well so far..

However, it looks like for the time being the , the Ave- 6 Flup bus ( 3 X 1 ) station appears to be fully non - functional , with no traffic reported anywhere near the station on any network.. So this will have to be looked into, to determine cause of non- function .. So far the subway and the combo X 2 station seems to be working quite well. I have not had a chance yet to test the remaining and 4th station, which is the bus ( 3 X 2 ) station ..

Also testing has not started as yet for the TLA-7 station set..

Tyberius06

You've just quite fired up this whole RTMT project! It will be awesome. Besides the NAM RTMT is one of my favorite mods (and I just started to use properly after 3 years a few monts ago... :D :D :D )

Thanks the hard work on it! :)

- Tyberius

b22rian

i just felt I should go public with our development progress .
Mostly to let people know were still working on this longer term mod , trying to get it finished and released ..
But I agree its nice to have some activity with RTMT and perhaps just a hint of the old days  :thumbsup:

** Just a note,

that all RTMT flup stations also support the underpasses of underground rail ..
And that underground rail is actually the most stable of all the networks in terms of its interaction and transit switching with RTMT stations ..