• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Badsim's showcase and uploads .

Started by Badsim, January 26, 2007, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Beautiful work being done here, badsim and barbyw.  :thumbsup:

I think I can spot a few differences, the London trees, the # of hydrangeas, the refreshment stand, some textures here and there but I imagine at first glance it would be like trying to find Waldo $%Grinno$%

I really like the idea of incorporating the amazing building into the canals  &apls

BarbyW

In an attempt to help out with the dependency problems I contacted frogface who gave me permission to collect his small props into a pack that is now on the LEX. I also had the props from the original Gare du Nord that xannepan put on BSC just before he uploaded the beta version to the STEX so I made them and the textures into two packs which are both included in the upload on the LEX. I was only able to do that as xannepan is still a member of BSC and cannot do it for any other props. Obviously if you have the Gare du Nord you do not need the pack.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Yoder7652

glad to hear you were able to make some prop packs out of these...

Alfred.Jones

Sim City 4 Devotion

Badsim

After advices from jeronij & BarbyW , the best way is to upload this Lot ( and the next ones ) , on this thread . So , here it is .

Great thanks to BarbyW for her work on the Lot , its packaging and more : for her help in my attempt to become a Lot maker for this community .And trust me , It's more complex than play with LotEditor  ...
Obviously , thanks to yoder7652 for the Osturland Great Hall V2 .

There's a dependencies list in the readme file but don't worry about it , here is the corrected list of external ones :
- Osturland Great Hall V2 by Yoder7652
- PORKIE PROPS VOL1 European Street Accessories
- Jeronij Props Vol03 Plopable Trees And Seasonal Woods
- BSC BAT Props CARCH Vol02
- Oppie Canal Set
- BSC Textures Vol01
- BSC BAT Props JENX Gare du Nord (new on the LEX)
- BSC BAT Props Frogface Vol01 (new on the LEX)
- BSC MEGA Props SG Vol01
- BSC MEGA Props sw21 Vol01

There're also 5 files for mikeseith's cars props , as I use randomly (for realism) all his car props , I highly recommand to upload all his stuff at Simtropolis and at his own site ... you'll need them for next realizations from me .
There're also 2 files from PEG , I don't know why ... After have debated this with BarbyW (She explained me that's sometimes happen with Lots/props he uses himself....) so  don't take care about them .

Last precision : as it's a reward (you know all how to get them without deserving them ,  ;D ...) , you need to delete (or just move in a back up folder ) the original Lot in BSC/YDR/Great Hall and replace it by this one .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Yoder7652

got mine! I'm glad to see that you are releasing some of your projects  :thumbsup:

Fred_Ginger

Thank you Badsim, that is such a beautiful lot, I don't usually use Oppie's canals, but I'm willing to use them to have this lot! &apls
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

goin2chicago

it's awesome to see you releasing your work in here, it is much apreciated. i can't wait to see what else you release!

jacqulina

rooker1

Great to see that you were able to release this.  It's a great lot.  I can't wait to see what you release next. &apls
Call me Robin, please.

toxicpiano

I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Badsim

Thanks .

Firstly , I have to correct about Pegasus dependancies listed ; I use light cones from him cause Porkissimo's Streetlights have really insignificant lights . I have to search if these light cones are coming from a Mod or a prop pack .I don't remember .

Secondly , I think I'll realize some others upload from April , when I'm at real work in life and so have no time to play SC4 or spend hours with LE .

Be patient . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Fledder200

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

rooker1

Great news that you will try to upload other lots. 
Maybe you could do transit enabled modular parking pieces.  I really like how yours are right next to the avenue with an entrance.  It helps with realism.
Call me Robin, please.

Badsim

Have fun , start a forest fire .... $%Grinno$% (I never thought to have to say that one day )

A quick tutorial how to use these Lots ... that's just an example , I hope you'll use this (first) set with  more subtlety . ;)

At first , to train , choose a large area with a forest...erase all trees on the affected area  ...

Select the Lot named "LineOfFire" in the health menu (Not a joke ! Explanation to come ... ;) ) , to create the line of fire . It's an 1x4 Lot so you have to use it several times ( I advise you to randomely invert the orientation of this Lot )

Now you've got a splendid line of fire , cover the area with the 1x4 Lot "LineOfSmoke" (Health menu , like all these 5 Lots) . Use it randomely oriented like the first Lot but keep free spaces .

There is a few ways to represent burned trees , you have to use the "Lodgepole Pine Forest" in the mayor tree mod , coming with CPTNo7 AssortedTreeControllers by cycledogg...you can also use ploppable dead trees by Sorchin and Winter Mix by jeronij(Jeronij Props Vol03 Plopable Trees And Seasonal Woods)

Plop the maximum possible of these trees on (and between) Lots of smoke...

Choose another ploppable tree (In that case , I chosen Douglas Fir ), to plop on the front of the line of fire ...

Now you can use the "Fireplane" , "Canadair1" or "Canadair2" ...

Once more , you can plop trees on these new Lots ...

Achieved .

Dependencies :

-"SA Cycleway V2 Expansion 1" by Shadow Assassin (Simtropolis) . I used SA's cycleway kit for 2 reasons ; the first one is that it has a tranparent base texture (and not no base texture ) , the second one is that these Lots are in the health menu which isn't overcrowded like the park and recreation . Read carefully the readme file by SA .

-"BSC MEGA Props RT Vol01" on the LEX . It's there I've found a prop which can represent closely a Canadair .

All others props are MAXIS'ones . More subtlety use and result on AntiGone ...

freedo50

Wow those are absoluetely gorgeous pics Badsim! This could be a great tool for authours to use in their MDs to add some drama.

Fred

PS: thought these smilies were appropriate  &hlp &hlp ()flamdev() ()flamdev()

jeronij

Chapeau mon amin  :thumbsup:

Still something new !!! (Btw, The only thing I miss are some running fauna  ;D )
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Krio

jeronij

I was wondering.....which graphics card do you use to see so many effects in a smooth way .... :-\  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jacqulina