• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us...... Your Canal stuff

Started by Citynut, January 31, 2007, 12:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfred.Jones

:o

Those drawbridges....  ???

I must have!!

Awesome work :thumbsup: Keep em coming!

Sim City 4 Devotion

NikNik

Wow, great stuff Citynut. Fledder maybe you sucka t lotting (at least you try!) but you marvell at builing an AMsterdam style city. Wish I could see more of it as it is absolutely flabbergasting!

Citynut, good idea that little waterfall between the canals and Peg ponds! Interesting texture you have at the corner of these ponds, kind of light brown with trees.

Barby. Now I know why they all call you Godess! What a magnificent work with Venice recreated.
I sit and awe (and drool).

Nik-Nik

bat

All looks wonderful! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Can't wait to have the upcoming new canal park walks!

Gaston

Okay CityNut,
   In the pic posted yesterday. (the date in the pic it "12/13/84" and it he first in the series of 4 regarding "upcomming new canal walk parks")   There is a transition from what looks like PEG Pond 2 and Simgoober Brick Canals.    Is that available anywhere?   I have never seen it that I know of.   That one piece is exactly what I have been looking for.   :o  That piece and perhaps one to transition to the narrow brick canals.   If it isn't available yet, do you need someone to test it for you?   "$Deal"$  (If it is your's.)   Please feel free to PM me and even e-mail me if you like.

白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

mrgscottc

I almost sure that transition is part of the BSC RPK.  It allows you do many of the things that Pegs Ponds/Stream Kits allow; however, it includes transitions to/from Goober's canals and Pegs transitions.  Check for it on pegasus' site

M4346

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Gaston

Quote from: mrgscottc on February 01, 2007, 10:40:02 AM
I almost sure that transition is part of the BSC RPK.  It allows you do many of the things that Pegs Ponds/Stream Kits allow; however, it includes transitions to/from Goober's canals and Pegs transitions.  Check for it on pegasus' site
Thanks mrgscottc.   I'll go back over and look for it.  I just spent half the day dl stuff from there  lol

---Gason
白龍

WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Citynut

I would make alot more transitional stuff from pegs pond stuff but he doesnt have props and I not sure how he does it  &mmm :( :'(but he ever made those as props boy watch out I would go to town make all sorts of transitions lots between all 3 kits  ;D :D
I'm nutty and I Bat and they're coming for me with the white coats again

CabraBuitre

Great thread... I'm going to try and get some of my pics to show here too!

Check out Abelfarei!

bwatterud

This was my first attempt at an industrial canal, and the centerpiece of one of my cities.  I think it turned out pretty nicely.   :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Bwatterud: Those canals look great! I love the little seaport you have there with the bridge going over it, and the locks that are up the canal a little way. Very realistic!

Citynut

Bwatterud - those are some great pics keep up the super work. I should have those new canal pieces up in a few days- got them back yesterday - just need to package them up and have the rest of the team test first then I will upload here on the LEX ;D :thumbsup:
I'm nutty and I Bat and they're coming for me with the white coats again

NikNik

impressive Bwatterud! Very nice those industrial canals. I like the fact that they are 3 or more tiles wide and you made a great solution for the bridges with that rail bridge!
I love that big warehouse complex of pic 2, Whose is it?

Thank you for that link mrgscottc. I love to download from PEG's but I hardly ever go beyond SG stuff. This transition lot helps me a lot (no word joke intended)!

Nik-Nik

SimGoober

ah shucks guys, I decide to check out a few threads and I find this one.  Now I'll need to start playing some more with these...

I've been thinking of doing an updated pack of these.. merging all the existing lots into one or two mega DAT files, and adding a few minor additional lots I made for my own use, but never released.  Now I may have to start playing with that again as well... lol
When life just blows ... Fukitol!

mrgscottc

Bwatterud, excellent use of the canals. One day, I might actually use these if.....   one of the minor lots SimGoober is thinking about releasing is a diagonal lot for the base set.   :P

Gaston

Bwatterud,
    Very very kool stuff.    I love the first pic.   The making of a man-made island to facilitate transportation is brilliant.   How about a daytime shot of the same so it is more visable?    I don't think I would have ever thought of that.   Now, I have a feeling something similar is going to appear in one my cities.

I am really enjoying this thread.

Simgoober,
    I don't know exactly how to say this.   You have created some of the greatest custom content available.   I have more "Simgoober" stuff in my game than anything.      I for one just wanna say thanks.   (Okay enough sucking up)   What and when are ya gonna release?   I don't even know what it is, and I already want it because if you made it, it has to be kool.   LOL

---Gaston
白龍

Fledder200

Quote from: SimGoober on February 02, 2007, 05:02:33 AM
ah shucks guys, I decide to check out a few threads and I find this one.  Now I'll need to start playing some more with these...

I've been thinking of doing an updated pack of these.. merging all the existing lots into one or two mega DAT files, and adding a few minor additional lots I made for my own use, but never released.  Now I may have to start playing with that again as well... lol

OMG!!! the god is speaking to us... :o LoL
I realy love your stuff!! i would die for new updates!! i realy like the rail-drawbridge...but i realy like to see it as a road drawbridge!!
Man i realy love your stuff!!!...did i already said that i love your stuff!!

ps: i love your stuff!!

@ NikNik: thanx!! i have a CJ on ST you can find it ----------------> Here!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

SimGoober

Ok, here are two new lots I am testing.  I have a few more in mind, so won't post anything until i "finish".. or get bored and move onto something else... lol.

I made a 1 tile wide "Terrace' to help fill in the gaps.  The first set has only a three tile wide one.  And also an inner corner...

When life just blows ... Fukitol!

Wyldone

Hey, Goober! Glad to see ya here. Ain't this a great site? Of course, ya gotta be a major serious Simcity4 player to be here, so ya practically belong here, man.

Great use of the canals. I myself have yet to dust off every last canal download I have, and I'm so lookin' forward to your new additions, Goob. Might wanna post your ideas on SimPeg (that is, if I'm allowed to advertise on here) and let everyone else know whatcha up to. C'ya there, man!

Awesome canal uses, tho. I've REALLY gotta get back into that. I miss my old cities on my old hard drive, that's where some of my best are (were). Oh, well. there's always new interventions 'n ideas! Great job, y'all!

Gaston

Simgoober,
    Very kool stuff.    I love the inside corner.    That is looking really good.   Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve.

---Gaston
白龍