• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Downtowns & CBD's!

Started by Masochist, November 10, 2006, 10:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sim-al2

Very nice looking with the canals, NWM, the train through the building (:o), and thevery nice sidewalks along the street! :thumbsup:
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

tankmank

tag_one

Great images jijdlswns! Your city looks really nice  &apls

Earth quake

Three pictures of "westfield office park":

Fabian93

blade2k5

Here's my latest CBD...Still have some trees to plant yet though...

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Jayster

Here is a smaller CBD. Hope you enjoy. I'm looking at starting an MD sometime this summer. Not sure.

P.S. This was my first edited picture with Photoshop!

MattyFo

Great CBD Jayster! &apls  I like how you have the newer looking skyscrapers sourounded by the smaller, old looking townhouses and such, its a great transition.

-Matt

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

marsh

This is one that im FAR from done with.

Its a large ity built on swampland islands.

tag_one

Quote from: marsh on June 29, 2010, 11:29:30 PM
This is one that im FAR from done with.

And it looks already great  ;)

RickD

Downtown Santa Barbara at night:

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Cyclone1001

&apls  &apls Very nice everybody, but one thing I must ask is where do you find all of these buildings? I can find skyscrapers, but nothing mid or lowrise :'(. Can someone please help me? Thanks.

tankmank

travismking

not a great pic, but shows how spread out the CBD area is in my region of 270k is, pretty big region i plan a LOT more but, because of the way the city is designed (non-grid) this city has major traffic issues at only 150k ppl, a subway network was recently put in that helps quite a bit, but some of the neighbor connections are still fairly congested

probably my favorite part of the CBD .. recently ive had a wave of co$$$ abandonment, im not quite sure why it says "abandoned due to no demand" but my demand is still positive, the main CBD area was around the stadium, but has since shifted to the west of the stadium and south of the tracks. Not quite sure what caused this either, all the buildings near the stadium abandoned due to demand, I demolished them to stimulate the demand, then they regrew as midrises, and built hi-rises over here, traffic was and still is bad near the old CBD and not over here, maybe this is the cause

Kskrs

Some great downtowns here folks! :thumbsup:

This is Downtown Bakersfield seen from the west. Planning to add a park somewhere in there, so if anyone got a suggestion to where, give me a shout! :)

Woot!

RickD

Not bad, not bad at all. I like the transition from medium to high rise. You have not overdone it with skyscrapers. And the sunken highway is cool. There is a bit too much repetition with the smaller buidlings, though.
I suggest to place the park in the block below the hospital and left to the building under construction in the lower left corner of the pic. I would break the grid there and let it take up two blocks.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Blakeway

2 Overview of Downtown Lanaya City.

el_cozu

Where did you get Soccer City Stadium?!?!

tag_one