• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Help with the SAM (Street Add-on Mode)

Started by Sergio, January 06, 2008, 04:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergio

Hi, I'm having problems using the puzzle pieces of the new Street Add on Mode.
When I try to plop one of the pieces it never changes from red to green no matter where I try to plop it.
I had the exact same problem with the dreggable GLR, but I never really used it. But the SAM is really nice and I whant to have it in my cities, please if anyone can guide me on how to use this things properly or knows what is my problem I'll really appreciate it.
Thanx in advance,

Sergio

Jonathan

You must install the NAM and it's components like this:
Install NAM June 07
Uninstall SAMv1
Uninstall RHWv 13
Install NAM Jan 08
Install SAM v2
Install SAM v2 patch A
Install RHW v20

Sergio

Thanks, but I've followed that procedure, although I have never actually downloaded the older versions of the SAM or the RHW so I think is still correct.
I still have the problem but I appreciate your help.

jplumbley

You MUST remove ANY old Transit Network mods.  All old versions of NAM, SAM, RHW, etc.  If any of these are installed they may contain a Central RUL file that will confilct with any new releases of NAM, SAM, RHW, etc.  There should only be one instance of the Central RULs in your plugins folder, this file will be called "NAM_Controller" from June 2007 and January 2008.  If your puzzle pieces do not work the reason is a conflicting NAM_Controller.

1. NAM June 2007
2. NAM June 2007 Update (release Jan 08)
3. NAM Essentials January 2008
4. SAM Beta v2
5. RHW v20

These are the ONLY 5 Transit Mod files you should download other than NAM Bridges which are released separately.  SAM, RHW and many normal NAM components depend on the Central RUL system.  The Central RUL system has been made easy to  update by making it its own download, this way we dont have to re-compile a new NAM everytime we must update the Central RULs.

If this still does not work, I suggest you start your plugins clean by renaming your existing plugins folder and then slowly move things in step by step and you can narrow down what your issue file is.  Remember, DO NOT DAT Pack the NAM files, they are separated for the convenience that it is easy to update and so that there are not conflicts.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

LoneRanger

Sergio:

In addition to what jplumbley wrote i might wanna add something to make it easier to search for the conflicting file.
The file is located in a folder wich loads after your "Network addon Mod" folder.
[All Subfolders in your plugins folder are loaded alfabeticaly]
So if you do rebuild your pluggins folder you can add all the subfolders before the NAM folder.
You can also test if it works by renaming your "Network addon Mod" folder to "ZZZ Network Addon Mod" so the nam is loaded last.
If that doesn't work the problem might/must be a file in the root of your pluggins folder as they load last.

[Just a few hints that might safe you some time solving your problem]

aaaling

Quote from: Sergio on January 06, 2008, 04:16:27 PM
Hi, I'm having problems using the puzzle pieces of the new Street Add on Mod.
When I try to plop one of the pieces it never changes from red to green no matter where I try to plop it.
I had the exact same problem with the draggable GLR, but I never really used it. But the SAM is really nice and I want to have it in my cities, please if anyone can guide me on how to use this things properly or knows what is my problem I'll really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance,

Sergio

You should install in this order:
1. NAM March 2009
2. NAM Esenitals March 2009
3. SAM v3.0
(optional) 4. RHW v3.0