• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Japanese BAT Gallery II (日本のBATギャラリー)

Started by snorrelli, February 29, 2008, 11:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lrb

OK. &mmm I didn't know if it was going to be easy or hard. Thanks anyway.

-lrb
Simtropolis: lrb2_
Steam       : lrb2_

Magneto

Quote from: lrb on August 04, 2012, 11:16:10 AM
EDIT: @Magneto  The SAM1 mod is not complete for intersections with other networks or diagonals. Farther down Moonlinght's site is a SAM9 mod. That includes intersections and diagonals but overrides the last street style in the TAB ring instead of the first. There are Euro textures for it also. It doesn't matter where you put it except it has to come alphabetically after the core Street Addon Mod.

-lrb

Ok, thanks for the answer, got rid of the SAM1 and installed SAM9 which is complete. Still, it takes forever to build/destroy the SAM streets but maybe it's normal...

Cheers

Edit: thanks for the link Erik! I didn't see your answer at first. Will try with the mod you linked. Could you develop a bit about the graphic options?

vortext

Quote from: lrb on August 04, 2012, 02:18:38 PM

-lrb

Well, I just realised there might be an easier alternative. You could also point the prop desc files for the original stoplights towards the models you want to replace them with. In this case, all you'll need to do is edit the Resource Key Type 1. While still a bit tedious, it's actually less work and there's no worry about T21 placement pattern or anything. The only thing that's a bit tricky is the size of the new stoplights as it might interfere with the wiring.

Quote from: Magneto on August 04, 2012, 04:01:31 PM
Could you develop a bit about the graphic options?

Look over here.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

lrb

Quote from: vortext on August 04, 2012, 04:57:52 PM
Quote from: lrb on August 04, 2012, 02:18:38 PM

-lrb

Well, I just realised there might be an easier alternative. You could also point the prop desc files for the original stoplights towards the models you want to replace them with. In this case, all you'll need to do is edit the Resource Key Type 1. While still a bit tedious, it's actually less work and there's no worry about T21 placement pattern or anything. The only thing that's a bit tricky is the size of the new stoplights as it might interfere with the wiring.

I'm not an experienced modder ()sad(), so how do you edit the Resource Key? Do I replace the 3 variables with the ones from the stoplight\streetlight? If so what do I do with the prop that is replaced?  ()what()

-lrb

vortext

Quote from: lrb on August 05, 2012, 04:10:56 PM
I'm not an experienced modder ()sad()

Depending on how much you want those other stoplights, now would be the opportunity to gain some experience  ;D

so how do you edit the Resource Key? Do I replace the 3 variables with the ones from the stoplight\streetlight

Yes, those three variables make up the Type Group Instance adress, or TGI for short which is unique for every model/BAT. So those need to be redirected to the replacement stoplights. You could edit the values directly but as that is prone to error, I would simply copy/paste the entire RKT1 (and RKT1 xm) line from the replament mod and delete the original lines, of course.

what do I do with the prop that is replaced?  ()what()

I'd suggest to leave it be for now and focus on replacement. If you really want a lean plugins folder I guess you could take out those models eventually.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

lrb

I got it working!  :D I ended up deleting 4 files from the CoreFile folder
(File Names: zJPN_SideWalk_(Insert road type here)_Default_Stop) and got the result I wanted.

Thanks for your time.  :thumbsup:

-lrb

jeanmi

Can someone tell me where I can fin the bat on the right please ?

Thank you

sunv123

Hunting down on all the Japanese sites right now, don't go away.... It seems like it will take ahwile. I will PM arthur.
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

BoeingCity

It is on moonlinght's website. It's somewhere near the bottom of the uploads.

art128

Indeed it is. Here [link]. It's at the bottom of the page. Though you might as well look at the other uploads. :P If you want to have a look at the upcoming buildings, click on [ シムシティ4 (214) ] at the right of the page.

Also guys, if you downloaded some of his other BATs* you might want to re-download them, as he corrected a little lighting issue.

* BATS include: Mc Donald, Factory, Isuzu, Police Station, 2x2 corner office building, post office, 1x1 office building.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

jeanmi

Thank you very much art, boeing city and sunv123  :)

MandelSoft

So, while I was looking at Artur's MD Hiroshima, I came across this:

I really like those railway catenaries and I was wondering if any of you know where to find then. I've been browsing through the Japanese BAT section here and I can't seem to find them...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

art128

I answered you in my MD:

Quote from: art128 on November 23, 2012, 03:40:53 AM
Thanks guys!

Quick reply time!

maarten, the catenaries are made by Uki-Sim, Here [link]. If you want to see more of his download, click on " top " . ;)

Props & Texture Catalog

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

Dantes

Hello  :)

My Question:

This school is an elementary school, a middle school or a high school ingame ?  ()what()

His name is Kori-LargeLargeJuniorHighSchool  ???

Thank you =^____^=

art128

I opened the lot through the reader and it says it is a School, not a college. Apart from that I don't know.

Props & Texture Catalog

Dantes

A school...    ...oh no, what for a school ? That don't said it us  :'(
Bad LOT, very evil LOT Ò____Ó''''

Thank you my brother °Ö°

jmdude1

there are a couple of great new commercial BATS at the bottom of this page:  http://sc4batworks.web.fc2.com/dbat.html

watch the youtube videos, they have animations! a moving elevator and a changing tv screen. excellent stuff.

adamsanders

Hi everyone, I'm looking green trees (forest) in pictures above.