• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... Schools/Universities

Started by threestooges, February 20, 2007, 03:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

I've seen some great schools done by some people in their MDs but I know there must be more out there. With JBSimio's school packs out (and some in development), I'm sure that people are able to do some remarkable things. I'll open it up with a couple of my offerings and open it up to you:

bat

sarungman

:::=:::=:::=:::=:::=:::

please wait for my return :D
-AsianEvolusioner AKA Sarungman

rooker1

Hey Threestooges, that first picture.  Looks kind of dangerous, there is no fence between the school and the train tracks.  The second picture look great.
:thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

HabLeUrG

wow thats a nice idea in build a university  :thumbsup:

threestooges

Thanks everybody, but I would also be interested in seeing what everyone else can to too. I have a university I'm putting together and will probably get that up soon.

-Rooker: I thought the same thing when I was putting it together, I was thinking about redoing some lots to give them fences but that will have to wait until dedgren finishes his 3rd part of his LE tutorial, so for now, lets just say they are careful enough not to go on the tracks (though a foul ball or two may have hit a passing train).

Let's see some more of what you can do.

NikNik

Aha nice thread. Finally I can post one pic I have had lying around for ages.

I have always wondered what the coach was thinking here to plan a game during graduation.

(I know, I know.... I did not hit G, infact this pic is so old that at that time I was not aware of the G-function (no sexual pun intended!) RTFM I guess.

Here's another pic of the university and a private school. Upper class bowl championship I guess:

Here is another educational centre in the same town:

That's right, another university....., the tower also has an educational purpose.

Nik-Nik

thundercrack83

That's one great looking school, NikNik! It looks very realistic. I love the pool and the tower. Excellent work, my friend!

threestooges

Very nice. If that is ages ago, then what you have now must be quite nice to look at. My guess would be that those people on the field aren't graduating yet (and you know how those football coaches can be... more practice=better team). Thanks for showing these. If you get some more, please feel free to share them here.

bat

That is looking wonderful, Nik-Nik! Great work! :thumbsup:

rooker1

NikNik, those are two great university layouts.  Great work, awesome pics.  An di f those sre really old pics, what would your university look like now? &Thk/(

:thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

threestooges

Here's another one I've been working on. I was trying to go for a small scale yet fancy feel for a city college. Let me know what you think:

As always, I'd like to see what you all are coming up with.

NikNik

Thanks for the comment guys.

In fact nowadays I still plopp universities in combo with jeronij's tarmac paths. It is a great combo.
Come to think of it I have no Maxis university in any of my cities that I develop right now. It's about time I plop one again. I will post a nice educational picture of one of my nowadays cities soon (I have the pics on another PC).

Very nice pics threestooges. I like that pool and how you connect it to the parking of the school. Great job there  :thumbsup:
That basketball / plaza combo is also great thinking.

JBSimo made some greats chools indeed.
Nik-Nik

football_fever

stooges - that's a perfect small college look.

I'm going the opposite direction, and building a university that fills a whole large tile.  I'm about 1/2 finished, but here is a mosaic.

If girls quoted Winston Churchill and Aristotle in their AIM profiles instead of "Rent," we'd all be so much more erudite. That means "knowledgeable," but you didn't know that because girls quote "Rent" in their AIM profiles.
- Dan Gurewitch

threestooges

That's a very nicely laid out school (though I would hate to have to walk from one side to the other...it seems like there should be more parking). The small line of houses at the end of the mosaic: is it a fraternity row? Good luck with the whole tile, it's already shaping up nicely.

Eddie

Quote from: threestooges on April 28, 2007, 11:56:11 AMThe small line of houses at the end of the mosaic: is it a fraternity row?

I was thinking the same thing. And to compliment the fraternities, the Greek temples are right next door. Why will you look at that!

football_fever

For that university I've been heavily inspired by my school - The University of Minnesota.  It's one of the largest campuses in area, and yes, it does suck walking across the whole thing to class...like I did most days.  The mall area at the U of M is symmetrical with greek classical architecture and wide open grassy areas.  And most of the fraternities are right on University Ave.  Look for more of this university (called STFU) in The SHT Show at ST...in the CJ section.  This is where all my sketch comedy takes place, and the next update will feature individual buildings to show the building and the name, which they will be named in honor of victims of the VT tragedy.
If girls quoted Winston Churchill and Aristotle in their AIM profiles instead of "Rent," we'd all be so much more erudite. That means "knowledgeable," but you didn't know that because girls quote "Rent" in their AIM profiles.
- Dan Gurewitch

Khiyana

This is really a large campus, football_fever, but I like it, especially the raised footways!
@threestooges: The school in your first picture is really nice, can you tell me from where do you got this?  ;)

I was inspired of all your work and tried to do a school-complex like you can find in my city: