• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Strange problem with bus and tram automata

Started by Ennedi, February 19, 2009, 09:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennedi

I noticed a strange issue when I started to develop my new city:

Red-green-blue boxes (the shape similar to vehicle) appear at bus and tram stops instead of textured automata.
I have a custom bus mod installed (NTA Modern Bus made by Brenda_Xne). I had it in my previous city and it worked perfectly. In addition I had another bus mod installed ther (Automata CS Rabit, with an additional bus - not Maxis replacement). There is only one replacement in the NTA mod. I removed CS Rabit, but I still see RGB boxes.
The same for trams - I didn't use them lately and I didn't install tram mods earlier.Now I installed VDK tram mod, I choosen one replacement and one addtional vehicle.

What can be wrong?
Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

WC_EEND

my guess would be that it's a plugin conflict
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Ennedi

Yes, I suppose it too.
I probably solved the problem with trams. Before I installed VDK GLR Mod, I have DLR GLR mod for a short while. I was sure I removed it (I have subfolders "Transport roads", "Transport Rails" etc., but probably I installed it twice, second time in a wrong place. Now I removed it.

As for buses, I noticed RGB boxes and the bus model which I don't know. I searched Plugins looking for any other buses. I didn't find any bus mod, but I found bus models in Japan "211 Prop Set 2" - these are pros for Japan station. Models are similar to this unknown bus appeared on my streets  ;D

So I hope my problem is solved, now I must check it. Sorry for disturbing you. Thank you WC_EEND! :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

WC_EEND

RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Pat

Adam you should never be ashamed for asking for help...  You know this community is founded on the belief of helping others and that what makes this one so special as I know you have helped me a couple times in the past and many of others too!!! Remember the saying what goes around does come around and its true in all aspects, even when asking for help...

I am glad you have solved your problem here and it was a matter of a conflict issue...

cheers

Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Swamper77

In regards to vehicles with multicolored squares on them, this tends to happen if the creator of those vehicles used a 512x512 image for the skin. Only hardware render users can see these skin textures properly. Software users will see multicolored patches instead.

The other cause is missing graphics entirely. In this case, you will see the multicolored patches regardless of your game's render settings.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!