• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SFBT R$ Park giving me a familiar texture problem

Started by SimNation, April 11, 2009, 06:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimNation

Here is the problem:

The SFBT R$ park set newly downloaded and got the new SFBT essentials. It only seems to be with the 1x1 filler piece. None of the other park sets have this problem.Anyone know what the cause is? I remember a long time ago someone had a similar problem with them but have no idea what was determined to be the cause. I have the essentials (no duplicates far as I was able to tell) and no duplicates of the park either. Also no I do not believe it to be prop pox :P no other item in my game is having any texture problems but this.

Andreas

That looks like a texture conflict. I remember that there once was the problem, but I don't know anymore what was the culprit. My best suggestion is to remove one half of your plugins folder (keep the park lots and the SFBT Essentials) and see if the problem is gone, and repeat this step until you found the conflicting plugin.
Andreas

SimNation

Ahh...thanks for the info I assume you mean a conflict with another texture pack? Either way I will try it out removing texture/essential packs first to see if one of them might be it.

Andreas

The textures for the SFBT low wealth park lots are included in "SFBT_ArkenbergeJoe_Texturen.dat", so make sure not to remove that one. All other textures can go for the test, I guess.
Andreas

SimNation

Well I removed all my texture packs still didn't get a result. But I decided to do a quick workaround. Since the other parks in the R$ set seemed not to have the problem (only 3 did) I opened up those three in lot editor. I found that the problem is a Overlay texture. All 3 of the R$ park files that have that problem I posted above use that overlay texture. Lot Editor gave me the Overlay texture ID : 0xfc782da5, lot SFBT_Pz$_1x1_roate-Strauchwiese is the lot I checked first along side the other two. Since overlay textures are often combined in some individuals bats I decided to just delete that texture (which appears that same green blob in lot editor), and the problem was no longer there. 

Thanks for helping me out though this is a faster solution to what I probably wouldnt be able to solve since it seems to be more of a problem with an overlay texture and not with a missing dependency (which I kinda thought maybe others had the same problem).

Andreas

Hmm, this is interesting - said overlay texture ID isn't even part of the SFBT Essentials or any other SFBT texture, so it might be a stray texture that was accidentially left in the lot while developing the set - no wonder why our testing (without potential other textures with that ID being inside the plugins folder) didn't show the error. I will check back with ArkenbergeJoe, maybe he knows where this overlay texture ID might come from.
Andreas

ArkenbergeJoe

The Lots is new updated  ;). Is in the german testcenter

Andreas

Thanks for the update. I'll get the files soon an publish an updated version at the LEX and SimCityKurier tomorrow. :)
Andreas

SimNation

Wow...I was not expecting that it actually was something that was not suppose to be there. Figured it was a overlay texture that might of been included in a bat that might be doing it since removing the texture,prop,essential packs I have did not help hence why I just did a little work around. Glade to see it wasnt, thanks for the fast response I am sure it will make others that use them not have to go  ()what() when they are unable to locate the problem. 

Thanks for the quick response to the problem.

Andreas

Andreas

SimNation

Thanks Andreas & ArkenbergeJoe for fixing and updating it. I use the parks often for my R$ sims wouldnt of been the same with the texture problem