• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAB / Bitmap Animation Builder

Started by OverPoP, May 31, 2009, 07:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrqs

Quote from: OverPoP on June 05, 2009, 07:02:45 AM
It seems BAB has completed to convert all BAT-picture-files to BMP-files, then BAB saves a file-list as anim.inf in the "...\gamepacks\BAT\BAB\demo1" folder. And after that, BAB opens anim.inf to confirm all of the bmp-files are exist in the demo1-folder. Error:"BMP-files are not complete" means anim.inf is broken or some(or all) bmp-files are lost. How's in your demo1-folder, exsiting anim.inf and 840 bmp-files?

No, The folder is empty - in the folder BAB there is folder demo1, but it's empty  :thumbsdown:

OverPoP

Quote from: Mrqs on June 06, 2009, 10:33:21 AM
No, The folder is empty - in the folder BAB there is folder demo1, but it's empty  :thumbsdown:

1. Dose "temp"-folder exist in \gamepacks\BAT\ ?

2. Run BAB and start BAT from BAT-button.
    Select demo1.gmax.
    Call task-manager by [ Ctrl + Alt + Delete ] and terminate SC4BAB.exe.
    Set 95f/5f and export demo1.gmax.
    Open "temp"-folder above, then do you find 21 SC4Model-files and 420 TGA-files ? 
SC4Lots by me --- but only 4 themes at:MayorOverpop's junkyard

Mrqs

Quote from: OverPoP on June 06, 2009, 09:18:19 PM
1. Dose "temp"-folder exist in \gamepacks\BAT\ ?

2. Run BAB and start BAT from BAT-button.
    Select demo1.gmax.
    Call task-manager by [ Ctrl + Alt + Delete ] and terminate SC4BAB.exe.
    Set 95f/5f and export demo1.gmax.
    Open "temp"-folder above, then do you find 21 SC4Model-files and 420 TGA-files ? 

1/ There is the folder.

2/ yes, after exporting the animation, in the above folder there are 442 files.
20 demo1.sc4Model
1 expend-demo1.gmax
1 CGF-demo1.sc4model
and the rest are *.TGA

OverPoP

Thanks Mrqs for testing and I rememberd one thing by your testing!
I want ask BAB-users who living in a country using "," as a decimal separater.
Did you have an error as same as Mrqs had (only case of demo1, not your original)?   
If the error occurs by ",", I have to change BAB-program.

Mrqs

Quote from: OverPoP on June 08, 2009, 05:27:27 AM
Thanks Mrqs for testing and I rememberd one thing by your testing!
I want ask BAB-users who living in a country using "," as a decimal separater.
Did you have an error as same as Mrqs had (only case of demo1, not your original)?   
If the error occurs by ",", I have to change BAB-program.

My own animation don't work either. It has the same "BMP files" error like demo1.gmax has  :'(
Do you have any other idea what can cause this error (if it won't be a "," error)?

buddybud

wow and thank you very much.......now i have to add animated props to my elrail mod $%#Ninj2 j/king

this is an awesome contribution and much appreciated.

thanx many times over.

Bud.

timcravey

Yee Haw!!!  Thank you, OverPop-san.  Works beautifully!

I had no problems at all.

OverPoP

Quote from: Mrqs on June 08, 2009, 06:59:01 AM
My own animation don't work either. It has the same "BMP files" error like demo1.gmax has  :'(
Do you have any other idea what can cause this error (if it won't be a "," error)?
Um...Go,Next!
Please replace BAB with this SC4BAB.exe test-virsion.
Run BAB and export demo1, if message "Terminate BAB using TaskManager" is appeared, then do so.
And open demo1-folder, if anim.inf is exist, open it with notepad, and show me first 12 lines of the anim.inf.

@timcravey
Excelent work!  &apls &apls
If also BAB could scratch your itching back, it's my pleasure! ;D

cogeo

Brilliant Tool!  &apls

EDIT:
Forgot to ask, I saw there are some limistations to the FSH images sizes, ie 124x124 (or 248x248). Any idea of what LODshell size this corresponds to?

Mrqs

Quote from: OverPoP on June 09, 2009, 08:23:22 AM
Um...Go,Next!
Please replace BAB with this SC4BAB.exe test-virsion.
Run BAB and export demo1, if message "Terminate BAB using TaskManager" is appeared, then do so.
And open demo1-folder, if anim.inf is exist, open it with notepad, and show me first 12 lines of the anim.inf.

Here is:

demo1
733CBDF_
CC8B0000

OverPoP

Thank you.

demo1
733CBDF_  <---- WHY! WHY!  ()what()
CC8B0000

If anm.inf and bmps are remain, then ...
Please show me first SC4Model's full filename "000000-demo1-0xd....." in the temp folder.
And open anim.inf with notepad, change "_" of "733CBDF_" to "1", and save the anim.inf. ("_" must be a number)
Then Start BAB, push "Load"-button, select demo1 and click "Load"-button on the dialog.

Mrqs

Quote from: OverPoP on June 09, 2009, 11:02:47 AM
Thank you.

If anm.inf and bmps are remain, then ...
Please show me first SC4Model's full filename "000000-demo1-0xd....." in the temp folder.
And open anim.inf with notepad, change "_" of "733CBDF_" to "1", and save the anim.inf. ("_" must be a number)
Then Start BAB, push "Load"-button, select demo1 and click "Load"-button on the dialog.

There's no model files in that folder. There are one .inf and many many  ()stsfd() .BMP files.
The name of the first BMP file is demo1_000000_Z1E_DA10.BMP

When I done what you want me to do - the "BMP-files are not complete" occured (on the yellow background).

My mistake - i checked the "demo1" folder. Now I'll will make all the test from the beginning and will write every info you need.

OK.
The new anim.info looks:
demo1
733CBDF_

The first model file in the temp folder: 000000-demo1-0x5ad0e817_0x7733cbdf_0xca0000.SC4Model

After changing the "_" to the "1" the "BMP" error still exists.

OverPoP

000000-demo1-0x5ad0e817_0x7733cbdf_0xca0000.SC4Model
0xca0000 part(6 digits) is must be 0x30000(5 digits and only this number).
I think "ModelNames.ms" in "\gamepacks\BAT\scripts" is old-version.   
Please check your "ModelNames.ms"
;)

Mrqs

Quote from: OverPoP on June 09, 2009, 04:56:09 PM
000000-demo1-0x5ad0e817_0x7733cbdf_0xca0000.SC4Model
0xca0000 part(6 digits) is must be 0x30000(5 digits and only this number).
I think "ModelNames.ms" in "\gamepacks\BAT\scripts" is old-version.   
Please check your "ModelNames.ms"
;)

You are right - I had the wrong ModelNames.ms
I've changed this and now the names of files are correct - they have 0x30000 at the end of the names.
When I started the BAB (test version), after the gmax I checked the files. In the anim.info there was BA6678FC number - I think this is ok. The names of the model files had 0x3000 in their names.
But when I start BAB to go on (didn't use the file manager) the old error of "BMP-files not complete" occured once again.  :'(

OverPoP

I still doubt decimal separater. Please try this version (changed around D.S. codings).

Mrqs

Quote from: OverPoP on June 10, 2009, 10:28:24 AM
I still doubt decimal separater. Please try this version (changed around D.S. codings).

Now it works!  $%Grinno$%  :D ;D  Thank you for patience. Now I will try my own animation and will write here how it works.

Ok.  My animation works. But is too small (I made the changing light before the train intersection with street. But I think it is too small - the colors are changed (red is black) and I cant see the animation. But the BAB works ok. Now I will try to make my animation work good. I have two questions:

When I dowloaded BAB and read about it, I met something about how big the animation can be and so on - I remember the blue box and nothing more  &ops. Maybe you know what I'm talking about?
And the second one:  How can I "record" my animation and post it here?

OverPoP

BAB is my first world release and also my first TOOL ;D   
Sorry, to take your time so long.
By the way, why other ","-users don't have that problem? ()what()
I will upload fixed BAB soon, any way.

Quote from: Mrqs on June 10, 2009, 10:47:21 AM
When I dowloaded BAB and read about it, I met something about how big the animation can be and so on - I remember the blue box and nothing more  &ops. Maybe you know what I'm talking about?
And the second one:  How can I "record" my animation and post it here?

Did you make a SBB (= animation's max-size)?, if you made it, you could compare it with sc4 tile-size(16m).
And about posting a animation at BBS, you need softwares - movie capture, movie converter and gif-editor (almost of them you can get as free-soft). Sorry, I don't have enough knowlede of software-selection suitable for your PC-environment :-[.

Mrqs

Quote from: OverPoP on June 11, 2009, 05:40:11 AM
BAB is my first world release and also my first TOOL ;D   
Sorry, to take your time so long.
By the way, why other ","-users don't have that problem? ()what()
I will upload fixed BAB soon, any way.

Did you make a SBB (= animation's max-size)?, if you made it, you could compare it with sc4 tile-size(16m).
And about posting a animation at BBS, you need softwares - movie capture, movie converter and gif-editor (almost of them you can get as free-soft). Sorry, I don't have enough knowlede of software-selection suitable for your PC-environment :-[.

The TOOL is awesome  &apls

Maybe someday you will release the BAB for 3ds MAX  ::). I make my BATs only with 3DSMAX and now I had to return to gmax - this is why I forgot about names in BAT/gmax.

I read about SBB somwhere but now I can't find where  ()sad()

Ah.. maybe the other users of "," use other fonts?  ;D  :D

OverPoP

Quote from: cogeo on June 09, 2009, 09:18:23 AM
Forgot to ask, I saw there are some limistations to the FSH images sizes, ie 124x124 (or 248x248). Any idea of what LODshell size this corresponds to?
Thanks cogeo
Those limits are from AVP's parameters for the sizes (each using only one byte), and 256x256 (DXT3 compressed) images are used for the animation-image-container and they are stored in the FSH.
The animated-prop has no LOD and no S3D, then SC4-system makes it form the prop's OccupantSize, I suppose.

@Mrqs
Look at the top of the manual's gmax-Animation.
3ds and HD are the great wall for the BAB to overcome :bomb:

OverPoP

I have updated the BAB as version 1.1.090.
BAB is now improved about some functions and fixed some bugs.
If the animations you made are certainly worked, you don't need to remake them.

Fixed bugs:
  - Calculation error of the frame counter.
  - Problems of decimal separater ",".
  - Wrong rotation (animated-prop was oriented toward wrong direction on the LotEditor).

Improved functions:
  - Added "Insert blank frames" command in the frame editor.
  - Changed Simple-Shadow parameters. 

And new sample "Mask & Shadow" is added to the BAB-manual.
Masking is a important way to make built-in animations.

EffectsDir supports S3D and FSH but not for ATC, making One-Shot animation seems impossible  &Thk/(