• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us Your Dams!

Started by KoV Liberty, November 22, 2009, 03:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoV Liberty

From beaver dams to natural dams or hydro-electrics! Show us any of yours! Here is a pic of one of mine in progress to get things started.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Earwhyckque

dsrwhat316

An interesting idea for a thread. Here's one of mine:

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

KoV Liberty

:D Very good job Dan! You know, when I checked back for spelling errors and the like, I saw you were viewing. And I thought, "Hmm, I think Dan might leave a comment."! Lol. ::) $%Grinno$% /&HiPP/% Edit: That's the reason for the laughing smiley.

Adrian, I miss you man.

czkimi

Battlecat

Very cool idea for a thread here Driftmaster07!  I like the start you've gotten on yours, going to be interesting to see the finished product.  Dan, that's a gorgeous dam and spillway structure!

Here's my contribution to this thread, from my MD Adara, near the town of Vavenby.  This was based off the design of large scale real world earthen dams.

Closer look at the powerhouse area.

Ennedi

Great dams guys!  &apls

Battlecat - very good idea!  :thumbsup:. I like the overflow channel  :)

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

KoV Liberty

Thanks. :) And a great job there! Whats the spillway wall design texture, err lot thingy.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Battlecat

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on November 22, 2009, 06:42:55 PM
Thanks. :) And a great job there! Whats the spillway wall design texture, err lot thingy.

The spillway walls are actually mostly unmodified versions of Jeronij's modern retaining walls.  The only difference is I've modded a copy without the fences and some of the vegetation props to use in a few places (including the shoreline behind the dam).  They are available here on the LEX and show up in your transportation extra's menu. 

KoV Liberty

Thanks for the link. I will be posting a new dam here soon. That one isn't quite working out for me. &mmm Edit: Well, maybe not... ;)

Adrian, I miss you man.

louistsw

An early picture here :-[

and this took at last summer
A lazy fox (=^ω^=)

Canidae Inu Republic League
犬科大犬和民共和國聯盟

io_bg

Wow, great work! I'd like to ask though, how did you make that dam thing in the first pic?
Also, a  &apls to all other pics! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Earth quake

Your dams are just splendid, great work. &apls

KoV Liberty

Nice job! Here's progress on mine.

And here is a regional shot.

It is "cut off" because I have only terraformed on that one tile.

Adrian, I miss you man.

scott1964

Those are some mighty fine dams. Wish I could do something like that.  &mmm :o

Earth quake

Cyclone1001

KoV Liberty

Quote from: scott1964 on November 24, 2009, 09:00:45 AM
Those are some mighty fine dams. Wish I could do something like that.  &mmm :o

It is very easy. Just find a high mountain/gorge. Then build it flat to put a water plop thing on it. Make a big wall for the damm itself, the a spillway and such. Oh, and don't forget a lake or something for the runoff. ;)

Adrian, I miss you man.

Ennedi

@louistsw - great work! Those are really beautiful dams!  &apls

@Driftmaster07: It will be really good dam, I like it!
I have only one comment: both the channel below the spillway and the river below the dam haven't natural sides as on louistsw's second picture. They are manmade and this is OK, of course the river needed to be regulated  :). But in this case natural looking stones and boulders don't seem apropriate, engineers would rather use stones of similar size. It will look more as an engineers' than nature creation  :) (but of course you decide  :thumbsup:)

Quote from: io_bg on November 23, 2009, 08:09:01 AM
Wow, great work! I'd like to ask though, how did you make that dam thing in the first pic?
Also, a  &apls to all other pics! :thumbsup:

Ioan, do you see two waterfront pieces below the bridge? Both these pieces and the dam are parts of an old Japanese waterfront set. Unfortunately I don't remember where I downloaded them from, but I will try to check it. This is a great set (except yellowish grass texture IMO  :)), but it is a bit difficult to use it together with another waterfront sets - it looks different.

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

czkimi