• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

I've got another ramp interface here--RHW-6S splitting into two RHW-4s.  Texture still needs a little work. 

It's rather handy for creating Collector/Distributor lanes, as you'll see by this latest development screenie . . .

Since the RHW has switched entirely over to a new puzzle-drag mechanism, like the SAM and Draggable GLR, there's no fancy tricks needed to keep two adjacent RHW-4s going the same direction.  The old side-by-side method has been completely eliminated and will no longer work in v20.  ;)

Hope you enjoyed this screenie . . . back with much more very soon. ;)

-Alex 

Shadow Assassin

Texture needs more work, though. It may also need an extra tile, at least to get rid of that kink in the lane merge.

You also might need to flip the line markings (just so you remember :P).
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

bat

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Starmanw402007

I agree those photos are looking awesome. Keep'em coming guys!

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

blahdy

great work alex!

BTW-- i just wanted to confirm that you got the email from me with the model data.  let me know if you didn't get it yet so i can make sure you have the model with you before end of this week.

JGCarter

Oh, Tarkus! You've answered my prayers!!!!! Thats EXACTLY what I wanted but I was afraid to ask!! Wow!!! Keep up the good excellent work!

ejeff2007

Quote from: Tarkus on December 19, 2007, 02:33:20 AM
Since the RHW has switched entirely over to a new puzzle-drag mechanism, like the SAM and Draggable GLR, there's no fancy tricks needed to keep two adjacent RHW-4s going the same direction.  The old side-by-side method has been completely eliminated and will no longer work in v20.  ;)

That's probably the best thing about this pending release for my taste.  I really have a hard time getting good separation between each 2-lane using the side-by-side.  Will the new RHW have 45 degree curves like the highways under the last NAM?

dragonshardz

huzzah for the RHW/MIS Team.

"RHW/MIS: It's closer than you think..."

M1

Quote from: dragonshardz on December 19, 2007, 12:23:08 PM
huzzah for the RHW/MIS Team.

I'll believe it when I see it. The MIS is just like waiting for a goal during a Chelsea match- it always seems to be on the way, but never arrives. (Me being a proud Red Devil)

Pat

oooh belive me M1 the new RHW with MIS is on its way shortly!!! I have faith its soon and that is all one needs is a little faith.... BTW welcome to devotions and have a fun time here

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Tarkus

Quote from: blahdy on December 19, 2007, 10:43:39 AM
BTW-- i just wanted to confirm that you got the email from me with the model data.  let me know if you didn't get it yet so i can make sure you have the model with you before end of this week.

Yes, I successfully got it last night, and hopefully I'll have an in-game screenie of it in the next couple of days. :)

Quote from: dragonshardz on December 19, 2007, 12:23:08 PM

It depends on how close you think. :D  We're not telling, either. $%Grinno$%  We like to surprise people . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

simzebu

We have a lot of those two lane splits for exits in Albany. They're great, because if you know it's there you can avoid the congestion of people in the outer lane, and zip right on past. For example, this one at exit 1 on 787.
Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!

Crissa

Those are really common in California, nearly all of our interstate interchanges work like that.  Exit-only lanes.

I haven't seen an expansion/contraction lane split yet, Tarkus.  How are you handling those?

-Crissa

XL2007

Quote from: Tarkus on December 19, 2007, 01:06:34 PM
Yes, I successfully got it last night, and hopefully I'll have an in-game screenie of it in the next couple of days. :)

It depends on how close you think. :D  We're not telling, either. $%Grinno$%  We like to surprise people . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

Man, the anticipation is just killing me!  I've even prepared for the glorious arrival of the MIS with a short-term workaround:

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5111/trouvillejan16421198122mr7.png

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/7427/trouvillejan16421198122te6.png

I'm ready for the new RHW/MIS whenever it's ready!  ;D  Great work!  &apls

Edit : Please consider converting your png to jpg ~Wouanagaine~

rickmastfan67

Interesting XL2007.

On a side note XL2007, you should compress your JPG images.  900k+ for those images are just way too big.  Take a look at my signature for info on how to compress the images and keep the file sizes down to help out the dial-up users that are still out there.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

blahdy

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on December 19, 2007, 08:43:49 PM
Interesting XL2007.

On a side note XL2007, you should compress your JPG images.  900k+ for those images are just way too big.  Take a look at my signature for info on how to compress the images and keep the file sizes down to help out the dial-up users that are still out there.

dude when are you going to join the 21st century and get a real internet connection? :P

LoneRanger

Quote from: Filasimo on December 06, 2007, 11:55:53 AM
loneranger: have ya checked out the SAM thread yet? there is a minireadme of the SAM and also at the very bottom there are instructions on how to install each mod. if ya havnt yet make sure to check it out i had to help someone install the whole package a few days ago and it works fine for them  ;)

Well, I finaly got it working and the solution was quite simple.
I renamed the NAM folder in my pluggins to Z_NAM and now I can finaly use the RHW. 
Since I obviously have some conflicting controller hiding somewhere in my "pluggins compressed" folder and the NAM folder was loaded before "Pluggins compressed".  &idea
Gonna take me hours to replace my highway network.  :D

I could allready place the RHW but not connect it to any other form of transit. [roads/streets etc]
Now my problems are over.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: blahdy on December 20, 2007, 02:33:25 AM
dude when are you going to join the 21st century and get a real internet connection? :P

He has a point though especialy since imageshack is very slow. [took me 5 minutes to load those pics with my 21st century connection]
Besides, it's not so hard to convert to smaller .jpg's.  ;)

Andreas

It's also faster to convert a pic to JPG and then upload the smaller file with a 21st century connection than waiting forever due to the not-quite-as-fast ADSL upload. ;)
Andreas

Palpatine001

Ummm can you post jpeg pictures please not pngs, that are a bother to view regardless of dial up or otherwise....

Anycase Alex  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Although I did recovert my RHW Auckland Bypass back into standard maxis highways, reason, no cars used the RHW, but I got 7,000 as soon as the Maxis one was put back 5 years after the RHW was put in.  $%Grinno$%

Oh well great work as always
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother