• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crissa

PNGs are far better than jpegs for resolution - use them for game resources, etc; but there's no reason to use them for screenshots or web use photos.

-Crissa

Shadow Assassin

Exactly, PNGs are only supposed to be used for displaying maps (you can have much larger maps without the huge file size associated on JPG... for instance, a map that's 4096x4096 with only a few colours is ~800kb, but a JPG of the same size and same image is ~1.8MB), signs and whatnot. Same for game resources.

Just don't use them for showing SC4 pictures.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on December 20, 2007, 06:25:12 PM
Exactly, PNGs are only supposed to be used for displaying maps (you can have much larger maps without the huge file size associated on JPG... for instance, a map that's 4096x4096 with only a few colours is ~800kb, but a JPG of the same size and same image is ~1.8MB), signs and whatnot. Same for game resources.

Just don't use them for showing SC4 pictures.

Agree 100%.  And if you need help on how to figure out how to compress the images when you save them in JPG format, just take a look @ my signature on how to do it. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Tarkus

Alright, back on topic with some properly compressed JPG files (less than 150KB for the entire update). ;)

The long-awaited RHW-4/Road at-grade intersections are here . . .

Back with even more later . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Tarkus on December 21, 2007, 03:24:14 AM

Um Alex, you messed up the NB texture. :P  You need to flip it. ;)

Oh and guys those are the first of the new textures I've created that you'll get to see. ;)  But all in due time. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Tarkus

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on December 21, 2007, 03:28:57 AM
Um Alex, you messed up the NB texture. :P  You need to flip it. ;)

D'oh! $%Grinno$%

Well, that's what you get when you're up at 3:30am modding . . .  :D

-Alex

bat

nerdly_dood

Those textures are amazing!  am considering abandoning my beloved european road textures, and i usually follow through with considerations such as this

:thumbsup:  &apls :shocked2:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

dragonshardz

Like I said....It's closer than you think (that means hopefully before 3rd semester starts!)  ;)

Pat

WOW OMG alex that is wonderful!!!   Im hoping this is done before summer vaction lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Starmanw402007

That's my emotion for today as well, WOW!, Those are looking good. Cant wait to tryout the RHW and Sam now lol.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Palpatine001

Yeah I noticed the flip error as well in the T Junction  :P

But anycase, just some Give Way and Stop Signs as well as a few warning and information signs like this

or this

I whipped up somewhere a while ago and is sitting idle waiting for use and we have one sweet looking RHW MIS

By the way...

&apls :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for a great job so far  :shocked2:
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

XL2007

Here's a (very early) Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone here at SC4D, especially the guys working on the RHW/MIS project!

&apls  &apls  &apls  &apls

Now go get some sleep.  Santa's got a lot of work to do!

nerdly_dood

it's 2:34AM and he still hasn't come but let's keep on topic now.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Filasimo

ho ho ho merry christmas time to add bananas in your guys stocking stuffers  :thumbsup: and also happy new year!!!
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Tarkus

Merry Christmas everyone!  No release yet, but I've got a few teaser pics here.  We really are getting close . . .

Some things you will be able to do with the new release when it arrives:

Some closeups of that larger setup:

-Alex (Tarkus)

Cjah

This is really the true missing highway from sim city and such patience it takes to mod such a network must be almost infinate,Imean you guys spent so many months on this amazing endevor!

You guys give yourself a pat on the back and a shot glass in your name! ;D

bat

Great work on that!

And Merry Christmas to you, too!

Shadow Assassin

Wonderful job, Tarkus.

Let's hope you don't change the IIDs on us again.  :D

Is that the longer B-type MIS ramp in use there?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

bakerton

Nice pictures there tarkus. Happy Holidays to you and everyone. Can't wait for the release. Just take your time. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.