• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

Well to answer your questions:

1:

Quote from: Tarkus on December 14, 2007, 09:26:34 PM
The main reason for the discontinuation of v13b is to simplify support and prevent any issues that may arise from obsolete versions still being available.

2: I believe rickmastfan67 has complied some darker textures for some of the puzzle pieces that are wrongly textured

3. Here, dedgren (one great guy) has started to make more of the curve pieces, and also Heblem did start some of these here but has been MIA from this topic for a while. I dont believe that any of the NAM team have officially been recreating the smooth curves. But i might be wrong

well that was a waste of my time :p damn Shadow Assasin... LOL

Hope this helps

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Lollo

Oh, yes! Thank you for the reply, you told me what i wanted to hear... ;D

BTW, I'm quite good in texturing, so if you need one more "artist"... feel free to ask anything, I'd like to help.

Edit: Regarding dedgren's curves, i casually saw them yesterday and RHW immediately came up in my mind...

2nd Edit: I see that Tarkus has changed the status of RHWv13 in thread header from DISCONTINUED to No longer supported.... :P

Keep an eye on the Lair!

nerdly_dood

@Shadow Assassin:  I was about to post a reply telling you that PhotoFiltre can draw perfect dotted lines...but it can't, so I think that's two of us wasting our time.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Pat

WOW Stunning work James that is soooooo flawless and SA to answer your question I talked to my mom who uses Paint Shop Pro and simply put YES....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Ramona Brie

Hail to the RHW v20! I am loving this so much and can't wait to finally get a highway connection that doesn't look so urban! I must bow down to your extraordinary modding and texturing skills. Is there a timeframe yet?

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Pat on December 26, 2007, 11:22:43 AM
WOW Stunning work James that is soooooo flawless

Hehehehe, thanks. ;)  Took me a few hours to find the proper settings to darken the puzzle pieces so they would match the regular RHW-2/RHW-4 in-game. ;)

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on December 26, 2007, 02:53:25 AM
2. They're being done as we speak. James (rickmastfan) is making his way through the puzzle pieces.

Just want to make a quick comment to this one.  I'm working on the newer pieces when I get the chance.  What Alex has mostly been showing you are his own prototype textures that he needed to test in SC4 to make sure all of the paths and other stuff would work.  I've mostly been working on the new stuff for the RHW-2 to get that network upgraded to RHW-4 standards. ;)  Plus RL has been hitting me hard, so I don't always have time to upgrade the textures.  So, I don't know how many of the new beta textures will be upgraded to current standers by the release of v20.  But I can assure you guys, I'll get them done for all future RHW releases after v20. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Filasimo

@tracker: last i heard, we were going to release it just in time before the rapture  ;)
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Dexter

This looks really great  :thumbsup: !

I can't wait for the euro textures to be created, but until then I will be using the RHW with the US ones (which are looking great BTW).

I should make a very nice *cough* New years present *cough*  ;D
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

dragonshardz

thundercrack83

WOW!

Stunning job, rickmastfan67! Things are coming together nicely here! Keep up the good work!

Shadow Assassin

QuoteSA to answer your question I talked to my mom who uses Paint Shop Pro and simply put YES....

That's great to hear! It'll definitely make the lines easier to create. Maybe I'll download PSP from the official website and give it a try.

QuoteI can't wait for the euro textures to be created

They're being brought up to date. Except I'm looking for a decent program that does what I want it to do (probably will get Paint Shop Pro).
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

pagenotfound

&apls &apls &apls &apls

This is just awesome!
Thank you guys for all your work!
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

Haljackey

Wow.  I am just loving everything I see here!  I don't usually comment on "teaser" photos, but what I have seen so far has been fantastic!

I cannot wait to try this new version out!  Everything looks spectacular!

Best,
-Haljackey

Palpatine001

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on December 25, 2007, 07:01:59 PM
RHW-4 connections to another city don't work yet.  You need to use a RHW-4 > AVE > GHW to cross to the next city or a RHW-4 > AVE > RD > RHW-2, or RHW-4 > AVE.

Ok me feel like a noobie, I am sure someone has toldme about this before... never mind, better go and replace the old highway with RHW again although which holds more  ;)

Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Shadow Assassin

The only reason why it doesn't work in another city tile is simply because of a limitation with the RULs. While it's possible to have a RUL overriding the texture in the next city tile, it's hard to implement.

Actually, I think either Alex or Jason will do a better job of explaining it. :P
New Horizons Productions

henryking

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on December 25, 2007, 05:27:07 PM
Doo-be, doo-bee-do. $%Grinno$%

I just asked myself wouldn't this third design be cool, so I just changed the image above a little with paint  :P :

Shadow Assassin

It'd certainly be possible, but the main issue is well, will it be added? Then again, Tarkus has done stuff with the RHW that makes that addition of a puzzle piece simple indeed.
New Horizons Productions

Ennedi

Alex and Rickmastfan67, everything you show looks fantastic  :thumbsup: but you receive enough compliments  :D

I have a question: What we will be able to do around MIS pieces? I think about sidewalks, grass, dirt and other textures.
Do you provide any fillers or something else?
I'm asking about it, because we all know it's impossible to put any texture around the road/rail long turn, so I'm curious what about these new pieces?  ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Jonathan

Ennedi: I can't say for sure as I'm not part of the RHW team, but I would say no, as fillers would be lots and the NAM doesn't make/release lots

tommiej

Tarkus.. are you planning to release RHW V20 on the first of January?? is it going to be the first uploaded project in 2008!?  ???
because that would be one hell of a new year present!!
Men's imagination is exceeding his capabilities, that's why men is still dreaming.