• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simzebu

I was wondering about the Maxis highways, and if they had yellow lines. So I did a Google image search, and found this:

It looks like an early screen shot. Note the single yellow line on the road, and the much different highway model.
This whole page has a bunch of them.

Ah, here we go. From the first page of the ST thread on the RHW:

So there is not a yellow line on the inside of the MHW. So really it wouldn't be a change to use those new textures. I think I might just switch...
Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!

rickmastfan67

Quote from: jplumbley on July 11, 2007, 06:35:25 AM
@Rickmastfan  Is there a possibility of you sending me the textures you have created for the transitions you made?  Alex and I were coming up with some ideas last night in how to implement them and I am sure I can get them to work with RULs to make them draggable without the use of puzzle pieces.

See the PM to ya. ;)

@ everybody:   To who have defended my transitions, thank you.  I appreciate it.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

DFire870

Quote from: jplumbley on July 11, 2007, 07:49:16 AM
Comon guys.  Rick's textures look just fine.  You need to remember there is RL and then there is a SC4 Balance, we need to realize that the Vanilla highway has on/off ramps of 3 tiles (speaking of aggresive), Rick is doubling that with 6 or more tiles in length.  If he goes much further, there will be people complaining that they are too long and it leaves a wide open space with no over passes.

Yeah, I know. I wasn't complaining, I love the textures, and they're much better than anything I could create. I guess it's just the fact that we all live in different states in the US, and each state has their own way of doing things. :P

(And honestly, I've seen RL on/off ramps that would be the length as the vanilla ones, and not just in urban areas.)
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: Andreas on July 11, 2007, 09:22:29 AM
What about uploading them with the NAM team account, like the other NAM stuff? I could also create a small installer, although I guess the file isn't that huge to justify one. ;)

I was actually thinking about asking one of you guys to upload on my behalf - by all means, go on ahead and upload to the LEX! :P

Well, it is pretty much NAM-related, yeah.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

mightygoose

i was not attacking them they just seem a little short however if such things do inded exist i eat my words...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

blahdy

rickmastfan:  per your request, the sign configuration you ordered is now complete:

Here are the final game view -like pictures.  I'll upload this soon so tarkus can work on it when he gets to it:

thundercrack83

I don't know what to say! Incredible looking, blahdy! Absolutely incredible!

Andreas

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on July 11, 2007, 07:00:28 PM
I was actually thinking about asking one of you guys to upload on my behalf - by all means, go on ahead and upload to the LEX! :P

Well, it is pretty much NAM-related, yeah.

Ok, I shall upload it later this day, in the usual NAM format. :)
Andreas

rickmastfan67

Well, I have something new to show off to you guys.

It's the Highway reflectors V2.0.  How do they look to you guys?  I've remodeled the reflector to look like it's now embedded into the pavement.  I've also created the Yellow reflector to add beside the yellow line.

Here's what V1.0 looked like:

And here's what V2.0 looks like:

So guys do you like the upgrade, or should I stick to V1.0?  I did this for another reason other than the transitions pieces I'm making in this thread that I'm just not ready to announce yet. ;)  But when I do, you will all like it. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Filasimo

looks good rick! -eagerly waits for what he is about to unveil-  ()stsfd()
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Shadow Assassin

That looks much better. My problem with the old one was that the cats-eye was too big in proportion to the road marking.

Love the side reflectors. They're looking good.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

EDGE4194

I just wanted to say thank you to rickmastfan67, blahdy, Shadow Assassin, and anyone else for all the hard work you guys have been doing for the RHW. Your work is appreciated! 
&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

Andreas

The RHW Textures Replacement Mod has been uploaded to the LEX via the NAM Team account. :)

Download: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=969
Andreas

Haljackey

Wow, blahdy!  That transition looks wonderful now!  At first I had second thoughts about it... but now they have been compromised.  ;D

Awesome job here on SC4D!  Those textures are looking great rickmastfan67!  Added defense here on your newer textures.   ()stsfd()

Shadow Assassin, your dark asphalt/Euro RHW texture looks awesome in game!  Thanks a lot for uploading it! :thumbsup:

Oh and by the way, I'm here now, well at least for a while.  ;)  I am seeing many projects moved here, and I can see why.  This site is well, different than ST, I'll give ya that :P.  We miss ya guys @ Simtropolis!  Be sure to reply there once and awhile for all the newbies there as well as the regular members!  By the way Tarkus, Qurlix is back, and is saddened with your sudden departure from the project @ ST &mmm

On all the development I have seen here (1st time viewer), my morale for RHW is boosted after seeing it take a dive when tarkus left ST.  Best of luck on the project anyways RHW Team!  Keep viewing Simtropolis for the latest updates there too!

-Haljackey

BigSlark

Hello all,

The transitions look great, blahdy's work on "signing" the transition is amazing.

I also like the new reflectors, they're pretty darn cool (not to mention that whole "realism" concept)!

Cheers,
Kevin

jplumbley

@Haljackey  For those of us who are working on the RHW qurlix's words publically did not seem very enthusiastic or warming.  He hasnt posted anything since.  If he truely is saddened about Tarkus leaving ST then maybe he should attempt to contact Tarkus.  But, its over Tarkus has left ST and is working here, qurlix hasnt been seen, but everyone is has been hoping that he will turn around and see whats happening here.  If you have his ear maybe you can show him that this isnt a bad place to be, and that its not "failing" in his words.

I can assure you that Tarkus has no plans of replying, helping or giving any support at ST.  Any "newbies" asking for help will have to find it from those who are there or come here to ask Tarkus himself.  There is reason for people leaving ST but this is not the place to deal with it.

I hope that qurlix comes here as you did and looks at this place without prejudices and sees that it is just another great SC4 site.  And a place where projects are flourishing.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Tarkus

Haljackey:  Welcome to SC4D!  It is good to see a familiar face over here.

As far as the situation regarding qurlix and ST, I personally feel that this would not be the proper place to comment on such matters.  You are more than welcome to send me a PM, however.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Haljackey

Well, we all have our own opinions on the matter... but let us stick to the RHW here!  Whats done is done... The internet is a free country anyway (for now)... Great to hear from you guys again too!

blahdy

Quote from: Haljackey on July 12, 2007, 06:29:46 PM
Well, we all have our own opinions on the matter... but let us stick to the RHW here!  Whats done is done... The internet is a free country anyway (for now)... Great to hear from you guys again too!

Yes, lets please stick to the topic.  We have already discussed the matter thoroughly in the past, and need to move forward now.  Case is closed in my opinion.

hconline

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on July 12, 2007, 02:37:18 AM
Well, I have something new to show off to you guys.

It's the Highway reflectors V2.0.  How do they look to you guys?  I've remodeled the reflector to look like it's now embedded into the pavement.  I've also created the Yellow reflector to add beside the yellow line.

Here's what V1.0 looked like:

And here's what V2.0 looks like:

So guys do you like the upgrade, or should I stick to V1.0?  I did this for another reason other than the transitions pieces I'm making in this thread that I'm just not ready to announce yet. ;)  But when I do, you will all like it. ;)

Should use V1.0 with yellow reflecors on the yellow line. That is how I have seen them.
Life is like a butterfly, ephemeral, yet beautiful beyond belief. -Me