• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlark

That's looking really, really good.

I can't wait to see more!

Cheers,
Kevin

hoshattack

It looks awesome Rickmastfan67.  Can't wait to see those new pics!

thundercrack83

Those curves are looking good so far, my friend! Keep up the fantastic work! I'll be looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

bat

Great curves, rickmastfan67! Looking forward to more...

jcs072488

JCS

rickmastfan67

Well guys, here's some more shots for ya to see.

First, a zoomed out picture of the new curves.  They aren't still fully finished because I still need to finish the rumble strips, but everything else for them are completed enough to show off this new preview.  You guys also get to see the new RHW-4 base piece.

Second, here's a more zoomed in shot of the pieces.

Third, you get to see the brand new RR Crossing as well as the Emergency U-Turn lanes.

Fourth and final, you now get to see the Street junctions with the RHW.  Just finished them overnight.

Enjoy everybody!!
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Ryan B.

rickmastfan67:  Holy mackerel!  That looks really good.  Better than I could ever do.   :thumbsup:

Yoman

Those curves look a million times better, but Im afraid I think those textures are too bright. I liked the brightness and shinyness of the original.

Jonathan

I also love the curves but I prefer the original textures in the way of the brightness of the lines, and I personally like the old rail/RHW better, so if you added the reflectors to the old text and made curves using the colours of the current textures, I know I would find it better. But those textures are far better than anything I could have done.uk

gt6282

That is one Sexy Curves! nice job rickmastfan67..  :thumbsup:

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Yoman on July 19, 2007, 10:16:32 PM
Im afraid I think those textures are too bright. I liked the brightness and shinyness of the original.

Well, I tried my best to base them off the colors they're using on I-77 in SC.  Here's a picture I took from the SC Welcome Center showing the highway going SB.

I know I can't please everybody, but I wanted to show you guys what I was using as my base. ;)

Oh, and BTW, I updated my post above with the Street Junctions with the RHW. ;)

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

BigSlark

Damn that looks good! Since some of us (read: me) use RHW has a rural divided highway system as well as an interstate, could there be the railroad crossing marking on the pavement?

Looking forward to seeing more!

Cheers,
Kevin

rickmastfan67

Quote from: BigSlark on July 20, 2007, 04:38:06 AM
Damn that looks good! Since some of us (read: me) use RHW has a rural divided highway system as well as an interstate, could there be the railroad crossing marking on the pavement?

Looking forward to seeing more!

Cheers,
Kevin

I'd love to, but it isn't really possible.  There isn't any extra room on the Rail/RHW piece. :(  It may look like there is, but it's just a normal RHW-4 piece connected to the RR Crossing piece.

BigSlark

Darn. Is there a way to do it with Type 21 exemplars?

rickmastfan67

Quote from: BigSlark on July 20, 2007, 05:23:07 AM
Darn. Is there a way to do it with Type 21 exemplars?

No idea if that would be possible. :(  But maybe one of the resident Type-21 gods can show up and answer the question. ;)

freedo50

Absolutely fantastic Rick, this could get me using that RHW again, I have tried it so many times, but the textures just didn't seem right to me. They're fantastic now!

Fred

JGCarter

It looks nice but I'm having some concerns about the brightness of it...  ()what()

But we all know Rick does a wonderful job and thats what matters  :thumbsup: &apls

Swamper77

a couple of nit-picks about the textures:

Railroad Crossing: If those are rubber panels in the roadway, I have never seen them with the roadway lines painted over the top of them.

The textures overall: The lines are too bright, almost glowing in the daylight. If you could use either the old colors or colors that are halfway between the current and old ones for brightness, they would look much better. They appear to "outshine" your reflectors at the moment.

As for the "RXR" marking for the pavement, it could be done with the following conditions:
- The terrain will have to be level with the tile that has the crossing
- You won't be able to have curves before the crossing.
What I have in mind is a planar S3D model (like the ped mall tiles) with the graphic of the "RXR" on it. The model will be offset by 16 meters so it will be on the tile before the crossing. The prop's location would be on the tile that has the railroad crossing on it:

|X|R|  X=where prop appears, R=railroad crossing tile

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Swamper77 on July 20, 2007, 01:57:53 PM
a couple of nit-picks about the textures:

Railroad Crossing: If those are rubber panels in the roadway, I have never seen them with the roadway lines painted over the top of them.

I just found some more info about RR Crossings, so, that WILL be updated.

The textures overall: The lines are too bright, almost glowing in the daylight. If you could use either the old colors or colors that are halfway between the current and old ones for brightness, they would look much better. They appear to "outshine" your reflectors at the moment.

Guess alot of people think that as well.  I'll try again to darken them some more.  Hopefully, I'll find a happy medium that I and most everybody else can live with.  I'll work on it later tonight after I do my normal Friday night NR2003 racing. :)

As for the "RXR" marking for the pavement, it could be done with the following conditions:
- The terrain will have to be level with the tile that has the crossing
- You won't be able to have curves before the crossing.
What I have in mind is a planar S3D model (like the ped mall tiles) with the graphic of the "RXR" on it. The model will be offset by 16 meters so it will be on the tile before the crossing. The prop's location would be on the tile that has the railroad crossing on it:

|X|R|  X=where prop appears, R=railroad crossing tile

-Swamper77

Swamper (or anybody else that works with RUL's), would it be someway possible that I could "make" a special RHW title that a special RUL code could allow it to show up before RR Crossings as long as it isn't a curve?  Because if that's possible, I might work on one to go with the RHW-2 pieces as well once I finish off the default RHW-4 pieces which I still need to do. lol.

jplumbley

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on July 20, 2007, 04:10:27 PM
Swamper (or anybody else that works with RUL's), would it be someway possible that I could "make" a special RHW title that a special RUL code could allow it to show up before RR Crossings as long as it isn't a curve?  Because if that's possible, I might work on one to go with the RHW-2 pieces as well once I finish off the default RHW-4 pieces which I still need to do. lol.

It should be possible if you make a RR Crossing texture with the X's to write a few overrides to make is so that when a Straight RHW is next to a RHW-RR intersection that the Straight tile will convert to a RHW RR-X tile.  We would even be able to have the rail crossing props on this tile if need be.  All I need is a texture.

Rick how many textures have you created so far for the RHW?  It may be a good idea to use your set when you get the tweaking done for the re-write.  Alex and I are going to re-write the RHW RUL code for draggable technolgy and have it more organized.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM