• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickmastfan67

Quote from: thundercrack83 on October 15, 2007, 08:35:52 PM
Whew!

Amazing work, Alex! Absolutely amazing! And I love those textures that rickmastfan67 made, too! All in all, things look like their progressing quite well!

Glad you like the new RHW-2. ;)  Well, the best is yet to come. ;)  You'll love the improvments I have made.  And some of them will shock you guys big time. ;)  But more on that later. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

allan_kuan1992

Who's birthday is it? >.< =S

Anyways, nice work!

- Allan Kuan

freedo50

It's tarkus' birthday! Happy Birthday!!!

Also, thanks for those amazing screenies, this could well get e back into actually playing SC4, at least for a while, until it CTDs me again %wrd

Fred

c0rnh0li0

jplumbley

@Cornholio  This is not in any way shape or form endorsed by then RHW Team.  This TE Lot that was uploaded is made using a highly discouraged form of modding.  It should be done using the Transit Modding RULs and released with the next update of RHW.  It should not be made on a Lot because Transit Enabled Lots cause pathfinding issues.

Please read my post in the following thread to see why these lots are discouraged and should not be used.

Why not to use TE Lots for Intersections!

I forgot to mention... How in the world can it be considered RHW when the textures dont even remotely come close to matching?
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

JGCarter

@Cornholio: No offense, but that texture is hiddeous...I could do a better job than that!  :-\

Shadow Assassin

It is. Plus, it'd cause issues with pathing.

I am in the process of making a series of rest stops for the RHW (using my texture mod; I might ask Rickmastfan to do a standard on/offramp texture version of my texture mod for those people who use the grey RHW) with custom textures. However, they will be using custom paths, and I will be doing extensive testing as to ensure that there is no 'jumping' within the lot... which I do not like.

I could also create a TE lot that requires the MIS, which could work quite well, provided I take the right precautions in transit-enabling these lots. It must be noted that while SC4tool is sufficient for some transit-enabling, it sometimes does not do the job well if it is not used properly.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

jplumbley

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on October 17, 2007, 10:01:11 PM
It is. Plus, it'd cause issues with pathing.

I am in the process of making a series of rest stops for the RHW (using my texture mod; I might ask Rickmastfan to do a standard on/offramp texture version of my texture mod for those people who use the grey RHW) with custom textures. However, they will be using custom paths, and I will be doing extensive testing as to ensure that there is no 'jumping' within the lot... which I do not like.

I could also create a TE lot that requires the MIS, which could work quite well, provided I take the right precautions in transit-enabling these lots. It must be noted that while SC4tool is sufficient for some transit-enabling, it sometimes does not do the job well if it is not used properly.

There is a place for Transit Enabled Lots in the game.  Some things like your Roadside Stops are not possible unless they are in TE Lot form, but these lots must be designed properly so they dont not effect the pathfinding engine and create shortcuts.  But when you create Intersections, Road Texture Alternatives, etc and the Lot is intended to be a "Network Piece" this should be done at the highest modding level known at the time, it is not proper to make a TE Lot in this case and I have gone out of my way to help this guy before, he ignored my warnings and offered help, so now I am definately annoyed that he has continued to knowingly upload this crap when I took the time and explained to him that what he is doing is bad and gave him the reasons why.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

c0rnh0li0

I haven't used it, nor endorsed it. I was just wondering if it worked.

Personally, I've been busy terraforming a new region since I got my new laptop in August & haven't even begun to start a city yet.

jplumbley

Quote from: c0rnh0li0 on October 18, 2007, 05:52:58 AM
I haven't used it, nor endorsed it. I was just wondering if it worked.

Personally, I've been busy terraforming a new region since I got my new laptop in August & haven't even begun to start a city yet.

@Cornholio  I did not mean to direct my frustrations at you.  Alex and I have and everyone else in the RHW and NAM teams have put alot of effort and time into where we have brought things to today.  We have offered this uploader help on multiple occasions to teach him the proper way to do it, he ignores it and pretends to entertain our constructive critisms and then goes and uploads more crap.  It is not respectful of him to be calling this an RHW lot, when RHW does not include Lots at all, when his textures dont even resemble anything close to RHW and when his modding is of a sub-standard, discouraged type of modding in which we as the RHW team have been implementing in our designs.

Our work has been inventive and cutting edge in our community and then someone like this goes and uploads that crap.  How would you feel?  Pretty darn pissed off I would assume.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

nerdly_dood

Man you people are getting:angrymore:MAD, you're gonna go$%#Ninj2and whip out the?$%kar&%hs! 
Kinda a cross between()borg()and%bur2$!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

nerdly_dood

Okay, I know I'm double posting, but my 'modify' button's gone.  I think this library computer is out to destroy my emoticons... &sly
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

JoeST

you may need to leave spaces between them next time...

BACK ON TOPIC

I'm waiting... patiently of course (*steadies the shaking fist*)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

M4346

QuoteMan you people are getting :angrymore: MAD, you're gonna go $%#Ninj2 and whip out the ?$%kar&%hs!
Kinda a cross between ()borg() and %bur2$!

Did you mean that? :P (I can't figure out the 'whip out the [insert here]' :D)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Haljackey

Well, I have to say is if you don't like it, don't download it!  No one is forcing you  ;)

JGCarter

@Cornholio: Just to repeat what jpluby said, I didnt mean to offend you with my comments too...I was commenting on that horrible lot/texure/thingy  :thumbsdown:

@Haljacky: Wiser words have never been spoken   &apls

Back on topic...I cant wait for the MIS!!!!  :satisfied:

EDIT: I just read (and replied to) the whole debate at the RHW thread over at ST. I have to agree with Haljacky but, yeah, now I can read this discussion again with more context lol  ()stsfd()

dragonshardz

have looked at the work of the person who made that, and frankly most of it ticked me off. some of it was good, like a few of the non-TE eyecandy lots, but mostly it was just ugly or badly done. Or both.

JGCarter

Well, yeah, it is bad but in the words of Haljacky: "...if you don't like it, don't download it!  No one is forcing you"  "$Deal"$