• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

What is this avenue texture?

Started by deathtopumpkins, August 12, 2008, 10:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

While working on my Transit Retexturing Project, I came across an avenue texture that looks like this:
      No wealth:        Medium wealth:

What does this correspond to in-game? From the diagonal lines in the no wealth one, I would assume it has something to do with the curves. Are they stretched from it or something? I can't think of anything this texture could be in-game.
If anyone has an answer it would be greatly appreciated.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Swamper77

The diagonal lines are just part of the texture. The alpha maps that Maxis provided for that texture hide the diagonal lines when it is used in the game. This texture is used at avenue intersections where a diagonal avenue intersects an orthogonal avenue and makes a "y".

My guess is that Maxis originally was going to use the diagonal lines as an indication that median is not to be driven on. They must have changed their mind due to how the game handles mirrored/flipped textures at intersections and other places on the avenue network.

P.S: This particular texture has always bothered me due to the fact it has no lines between the lanes.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Shadow Assassin

P.S: This particular texture has always bothered me due to the fact it has no lines between the lanes.

I noticed that... it's kind of odd how there isn't any lines appearing. But I've never actually had that texture appear at all.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

allan_kuan1992

must be one of those unused textures again... like the hundreds of them bundled up in the SimCity DATs.

- Allan Kuan

Patricius Maximus

I don't know what it is, but I've never seen it. If I were you, I'd retexture it anyway, because it may appear somewhere in-game  ::).

deathtopumpkins

Thanks everyone!

I guess I'll just go ahead and retexture it the best I can and see how it affects the intersection Swamper mentioned.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

nerdly_dood

He did mention the alpha maps though, which means that although the texture itself should appear in-game, the diagonal stripes should not - the alpha maps hide them.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

j-dub

I have had that no line texture one appear at an irregular intersection, some sort of uncommon Avenue Y like Swamper said. Median props would cover that middle part up. I know I have had that happen in game somewhere.