• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Light Replacement Project - Version 2 released! 06/25/2008

Started by MandelSoft, April 20, 2008, 06:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How should I release the LRP

All lumped together in one pocket
36 (26.3%)
One pocket for every style (example: American, Brittish)
81 (59.1%)
One pocket for every lampposttype (example: low wealth, highway)
15 (10.9%)
One pocket for every filetype (example: models, essentials)
5 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 137

MandelSoft

I'm already working on Dutch Stoplights, but in fact, the LRP has now a lower priority (due to the HRS Project)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

citymax

Hi! do you create , please like the LRP but just for the traficlights like Paris ?

And do you , if possible , make your LRP with the Parisians light ? [ like JENX's lights and PK's lights ?]

EDIT ; the little traffic lights is Yellow ,in reality is red !!

Thank you !

MandelSoft

NEW RELEASE OF THE LRP (now called LRM). Check the STEX for downloads!

@Citymax: Stoplights are not my priority but I see what I can do for you.

ehbk2006

I have some extra documentation for you:

Dimensions of traffic lights manufactured by Vialis

Go to:
Long link

And then "Prijslijst Verkeerslichten en toebehoren 2008" and download the .pdf file.

Best of luck.
My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

Stewey

Hi mrtnrln!

I would like to say that this mod is excellent and I would like to thank you for all your hard work making it.

There is however a graphics glitch as shown in the picture below:

As you can see, the lights along the streets (as well as avenues and roads) are perfectly fine, however the light cones on the motorway lights are not in the correct position.

Can you help please?  ()what()

j-dub

Just for the record, these street lights, are American street lights.

My gmax model

EDIT: It seems Interstate 80 beat me to the punch with modding something very, very, very close to the one I made.

citymaster13

Hey Everyone. I've started using the LRM mod and so far i like what i see! However there are two problems i've had with it:

1. On motorways i've selected to have streetlights appear on the median. However most of the time it appears as if two streetlights are being placed right next to each other producing a "double" effect. Streetlights near interchanges appear properly (see images). Is there a way to prevent the  double affect?

2. I use the JRJ Streets mod, which comes with its own streetlights. However both the JRJ and the LRM streetlights appear together on streets. Is there any way to get just the LRM streetlights to appear on my modded streets?

( The green poles are JRJ lights. The red pole nearest the red phone booth is a LRM streetlight.)

PS: I'm using the UK pack of LRM streetlights.

MandelSoft

Quote from: Stewey on August 05, 2008, 10:50:53 AM
Hi mrtnrln!

I would like to say that this mod is excellent and I would like to thank you for all your hard work making it.

There is however a graphics glitch as shown in the picture below:

As you can see, the lights along the streets (as well as avenues and roads) are perfectly fine, however the light cones on the motorway lights are not in the correct position.

Can you help please?  ()what()

I see the problem. I think I accidently put the light cones for the extra tall model into the normal model.

Quote from: citymaster13 on August 06, 2008, 03:41:56 PM
Hey Everyone. I've started using the LRM mod and so far i like what i see! However there are two problems i've had with it:

1. On motorways i've selected to have streetlights appear on the median. However most of the time it appears as if two streetlights are being placed right next to each other producing a "double" effect. Streetlights near interchanges appear properly (see images). Is there a way to prevent the  double affect?

2. I use the JRJ Streets mod, which comes with its own streetlights. However both the JRJ and the LRM streetlights appear together on streets. Is there any way to get just the LRM streetlights to appear on my modded streets?

( The green poles are JRJ lights. The red pole nearest the red phone booth is a LRM streetlight.)

PS: I'm using the UK pack of LRM streetlights.

1. Are you using SMP's highway light modd. That could cause the problem. If so, ou should delete it. And the lights will not appear immediately on the right position. You have to rebuild that piece of highway.

2. That's possible, but it would require a lot of T21-modding

I hope I answered your questions.

Best,
Maarten

Stewey

Hi mrtnrln, thanks for the reply :)

Is there a fix in the works?

MandelSoft

MandelSoft

SimZYi

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes. 

Error Occurred While Processing Request 
Element SCOLLNAME is undefined in SESSION. 

Resources:
Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debug Output Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser   Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; CIBA)
Remote Address   116.52.108.86
Referrer   http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4432.0
Date/Time   28-Aug-08 03:37 PM

MandelSoft

Thanks for letting me know that the link doesn't work. I'll try to fix it.

EDIT: the link doesn't work if you aren't logged in on SimTropolis.

kalanc69

I am logged in to Simtropolis andI still get the error...hmm

MandelSoft

I don't know what's wrong with the link, so I added some directions on the first post.

Theirishnintendonerd

Nice work  &apls. looking foward to using them in game  ;D.
-Trevor

simarkitekt1

I was wondering why the download readme says
Dependencies

To ensure the proper functionality, make sure the files mentioned below are installed in the plugins folder.

StreetlightColourPackV2_LightCones.dat from cogeo's Streetlight Colour pack V2
StreetlightColourPackV2_Lamppost$$$Fix.dat from cogeo's Streetlight Colour pack V2
StreetlightColourPackV2_LampAuraColorTinted.dat from cogeo's Streetlight Colour pack V2
Then after you install that readme says

Dependencies

To ensure the proper functionality, make sure the files mentioned below are installed in the plugins folder.

- none -     ???
Also there is no way to really tell what types of lamp post you like without actually installing n checking then installing n....
So a readme to reflect all the different options, and a little clearup on the dependencies would be much appreciated. thanks ()what()

MandelSoft

Well, for some reason the installed readme isn't up to date. I'll try to solve these issues.

EDIT:
Issue solved. The file has been updated!

citymaster13

I have been using the LRM mod, with dutch style street lights. I have it set up so that on highways, lights appear on the median Here's the problem:

In this shot, the lights appear normal. However, if you look closely there are actually two sets of lights there, practically superimposed on top of one another. This is on a straight section of ground highway, far from any interchanges, ramps, or onslopes (which i use a lot w/ my freeways)

In this shot, a light is placed right in front of a T-interchange. Only one instance of the light is there (compare the two images) but only one half of the light renders a light cone (an element of the model?) My guess is that the light was created this way on purpose, so when two were superimposed on top of each other like they usually are (by either the game itself, or by some mod).

This shot shows you both lights in a row, near an onslope. Anyways, how do i fix this, so that the lights ALWAYS appear properly (Although, for realism i could pretend that the glitchy lights were ones that burned out, because no city is perfect ;D) Also, i noticed that lights always appear on the side of the highway on the onslope itself. Is there a way to fix this too?

BTW mrtnrln, with the RHW addon mod, how do you make lights appear on the median of two parallel rhw-4's?