• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Wider one-way roads (5 lanes wide)

Started by mikeseith, April 23, 2007, 05:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filasimo

its looking good guys keep it up this is one huge small step forward!  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

mikeseith

thundercrack83

Outstanding work, guys! Keep it up!

BigSlark

I'm very happy to see this! Keep up the great work!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

figui

i really really like this. GREAT work!
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

rickmastfan67

Looking good so far guys!! :thumbsup:  Keep up the good work.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Gaston

There is some outstanding work being done here.   Thanks so much for this fantastic effort.    We (the community of players) will never be able to express to you how much we appreciate the work ya'll are doing.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

kingsimcity

stewart_garden

The screenshots look amazing!  This will add a lot to the game - I'm very grateful for all of the work you have done so far.  Keep going, and I am patiently looking forward to further updates.

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

jplumbley

This project is not dead, just going through a learning period.  I am working on another project which will help me and give me more practice with the RULs (I am becoming pretty adept with them).  This project has not been forgotten and it is going to become part of the Network Widening Mod that Tarkus and I are working on.  NWM is a combination of TLA-3,5,7, RHW-2,4,6,8, Avenue-6,8 and OWR-5.  It will be some time for all of these projects to be organized and built together but it will come.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

thundercrack83

Quote from: jplumbley on July 26, 2007, 05:42:16 AM
This project is not dead, just going through a learning period.  I am working on another project which will help me and give me more practice with the RULs (I am becoming pretty adept with them).  This project has not been forgotten and it is going to become part of the Network Widening Mod that Tarkus and I are working on.  NWM is a combination of TLA-3,5,7, RHW-2,4,6,8, Avenue-6,8 and OWR-5.  It will be some time for all of these projects to be organized and built together but it will come.

Great news, jplumbley! I'll be looking forward to seeing how things progress with this once you start working on it again!

Pat

WoW i just stumbled upon this and wow i cant belive it... This would be great to see, hopefully the learning curve aint to steep and can get conquered soon so we can have these - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

stewart_garden

Quote from: jplumbley on July 26, 2007, 05:42:16 AM

Wow!  This sounds like an amazing future addition.  I look forward to it.

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

BlaZ

This would be great for busy city centers !! :thumbsup:

doorknob60

Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

numbchuckwoods

Yeah this is great. Between this and the RHWMIS you will beable to make some awsome transportation systems.

mikeseith

Here are some more textures.  These are for the 5lane 1way X 5lane 1way intersection.  I had a little trouble with this one.  Hope you like it.

1 question about the avenue intersection.  Will you be able to use the 2lane one way intersection textures for that or should I try to make that one too?  I don't have an avenue texture that I have found to use if you need me to do that.  Maybe someone could send me a texture so I can see how the avenue is aligned, if it is different from the 2lane 1ways.  Thanks.

Also, I hope this is just going to deal with straight 5 lane one way roads because I am hopeless with curves.  If we want these things to curve, then I think someone else may have to help out also.

Mike

jplumbley

Great Stuff Mike!!

Alright, first off.  Dont worry about the curves, to be honest I dont know how this will work on Diagonals either.

You have already sent me the files required for OWR-2/OWR-5 Intersections.  I will be able to get an Ortho BETA ready eventually with the files you sent me (I think).... I also need a Rail intersection.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

mikeseith

Ack...Rail.  Why didn't I think of that?  I'll get on it now.

mikeseith

Here is the 5lane 1way X rail section.  Again, I hope you like it.