• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How large is a grid square in Gmax?

Started by City Builder, January 15, 2008, 09:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

City Builder

It seems I'm probably making way too big models in Gmax but for the life of me can't figure out how large one square is in Gmax.  I read some tutorial that suggested making the width and length of my buildings to scale with real buildings (i.e. perhaps 30 feet wide by 15 feet deep, of course depending on the building Im creating) and to make each story 12 feet high instead of 8.

But how in the world do I tell just how large IM drawing out in Gmax?

Thanks,
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

XiahouDun

Each individual square is one meter by one meter. When zoomed in, the bold lines are every 16 meters.
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

vester

Each tile is 16 x 16 meters.

I make the height about 1.3 times the RL one.

City Builder

Thanks,
I've also thinking that I've found out that it matters where the building is on the grid, some of my models show up way outside the range of placment in the lot editor and some will allow placement.  This leads me to believe that they need to be placed with their left bottom corner somewhere specific on the grid system, is there an easy way of doing that so when they are rendered they are placeable without a problem?
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

kwakelaar

Before rendering a model:first group all objects into one group and then, centre it on the x- and y-axis. This should solve your problem.