• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Parkland - adventures in realism

Started by RON-E, September 25, 2007, 07:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

Very nice work!

Might suggest some close-ups when you get the chance. :P

I know how hard it is to get a city looking realistic, and you've done a great job thus far.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

RON-E

i will try and get close-ups as soon as possible. i am trying to fill in the entire inner loop first before i start building up to much. i want the flow of the streets and everything to work out nice. i have another update, it will have to wait until tonight however because i have to go to work now, but see ou guys/gals soon with noather update, and thanks for al the comments!  :-\

Pat

RonE its no problem take your time and get some great shots... see you next update - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

RON-E

sorry for the delay, got some more updates on the region area in the inside loop. slowly but surely filling the streets in. trying to make them as realistic as possible.

don't mind the boxes. a little secret i have, well, probably not a secret, but when i am doing things like post region rendering terraforming and street layout, i take out everything from my plugins folder except my mods. (i keep them very organized) this make the cities and region load a tone faster for mundane things like this. quick tip i guess.

tkirch

I am thouroughly impressed with your commitment to the small things.  I can't wait to continue reading this.  You have the start of something really special here.  Keep it up!

Mulefisk

An amazing road network so far, even though you've hardly built anything.

Looking forward to seeing some close-ups!

bat

RON-E

I know close ups have eben requested, but i have just now begun to develop the land. These are very early pictures, and much will change. but just to give you an idea of what to expect.

broadway exit off of I80 that lead directly through downtown

I like to make plantings around green, un-devlopable land around exits and where streets come together

Marlow University, still under development

This are will be Midtown. an area just outside of downtown with skyscrapers and large scale developments

Just on the other side if I80, this is considered Hillsboro Village. A few high rises adorn this part of town. This is also known as the gay district

A cemetery right outside of downtown

This is the big blank area you see in the transit maps. This is Highmont Park. A vast urban park in the heart of Parkland

Here is a close up of some of the village

A broader view of the village

West End exit on I24 in downtown

A close up of some of downtown

Convention Center and Arena area. Also known as the hotel district

Downtown at night with what is developed so far

Some more of downtown

The skyline.... for now..... the only thing that will really change here is infill.

Zaphod

oooh, big

I hope your computer doesnt blow up :P
War Kittens !?

sebes

It's so cool to see how the planning on the first page is being turned into reality here  :thumbsup:   The city forrest just north of downtown is a great idea.

And that gay disctrict  is just .... well very well planned and very gay  ...   &dance
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Wonderful development on that region! Your city is looking great so far! Fantastic work! :thumbsup:

paroch

Nice one Ron-E,

I like the skyline of downtown - just the right amount of high rises.  Ans the forest looks good there too.

RON-E

sorry for the pics not showing up right now. i host them all on my own independent website, and the host has gone down temporarily. I will notify you when they come back up. lol, my whole internet life is down when that site goes down, i keep every picture i have on the net on that server.... lol...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

<edit>              that was quick, it is back up. i am in the process of moving all my files onto another server now. i am tired of my host. so, if you view this MD and you aren't seeing some pictures, it is only temporary!              <edit>

RON-E

OK! good news, new update on the region view, made some more roads, there is one satellite city beginning to develop too.

you can click on the images for larger views, but be warned, they are very large files!

tkirch

Great job!  Like I said earlier you have a great eye for detail and love looking in here and seeing what your doing.  Kepp up with what your doing it is great.

bat

Pat

Ron you have some great progress here and wonderful devolpment going on as well!!! pretty darn good job here, keep it up - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

The region is looking fantastic, RON-E! I love your transportation networks! I'll be looking forward to seeing you everything develops!

lalginho

RON-E

ok, finaly got a new region view shot for you! enjoy!