• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

praiodan's workbench / general discussion

Started by praiodan, December 16, 2006, 10:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

praiodan

Hey, this is where I will showcase you my work!
Please mind the shavings and splinters on the ground  :D

My current project:
Slottet, the royal palace in Oslo:

Some details and nightlights are left to do...

jeronij

Ha ha ha  :D  :D I just cant belive what my eyes see  ??? .

I hope to see this marvel placed in a nice lot soon  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jacqulina

swi21

excellent! If i can give one advice, chose a better potted plant, something like a topiary maybe...

And if i may suggest, i see a wonderfull garden to the rear.. something like what i did with my chateau de sceaux, or maybe a plaza with an important central piece, like a kiosk or a huge fountain..

If you need any help or ideas, don't hesitate one second to send me a PM. I know some good ways to make good quality small props, plants-flower gardens , statues and water surfaces. I also have an excellent tutorial for the roofs Porkie does for his Paris BATs. But I have to ask him first if he wants me to publish it...

praiodan

Quote from: swi21 on December 16, 2006, 02:04:25 PM
If i can give one advice
I always appreciate your advices :) You are right about the plant, I have a look for a better one.

And about the rear:
there will be some beds, trees and a fence. I have only one pic for that I can work from, this is a bit less on the one hand, on the other hand it leaves some creative margin.
I'm not sure though if I will model these things (the fence is the part I most probably gonna model a prop for), maybe most of that stuff can be done with already existing props and textures. But it seems that I have to make a testrender to get certainty if I can use existing stuff or if I have to model the stuff.

Also, this tutorial about roofs makes me curious! Hopefully Porkie agrees ;)

sebes

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

jeronij

Hi Praiodan, may I suggest you to use Google Earth to try to obtain a vertical look over those gardens ?¿. Maybe this helps to have a better idea  ::)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

swi21

here's one, I got it for you, but it isn't good enough to copy. Imagine that court might be necessary... you could also integrate the props in the main model (as  i did with my university of athens and the courts)..

TheTeaCat

Lovely looking building :thumbsup:

Superb work :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

praiodan

Quote from: jeronij on December 16, 2006, 03:17:40 PM
Hi Praiodan, may I suggest you to use Google Earth to try to obtain a vertical look over those gardens ?¿. Maybe this helps to have a better idea  ::)
I already did, unfortuatly (as visible on the screen swi posted), there's a big, ugly cloud over it, so it's not very clear to see.

Alfred.Jones

This building looks increadible Praiodan! It looks very realistic, keep it up ;)

Sim City 4 Devotion

CabraBuitre

My two cents on the gardens (and I LOVE the model Praiodan!)...  I'm a lot builder and I use the props from creations such as the chateau de sceaux on various other lots that grace my cities.  So if it WOULD be possible to create the garden as separate props certain people (such as myself) would appreciate this and use them in other creations.

That said, as always, I'm not about to tell someone how to create their own works of art.  I can give feedback and a bit of constructive criticism, but who am I to tell someone that their creation (which I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to even BEGIN to create!) needs changes, etc, etc?

Anyway, keep up the great work, I'm glad to see you're still taking on projects that are quite large and complicated... they really bring the game to a new level!!

Check out Abelfarei!

callagrafx

Quote from: praiodan on December 16, 2006, 02:25:40 PM
I always appreciate your advices :) You are right about the plant, I have a look for a better one.

You would be better off just making basic shaped (tapered cylinder, box) for these, as the detail will disappear ingame...just texture the bush with a grassy type varied texture.  The effect would be the same but the polycount and render time would be less.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

bat

Yoder7652

Quote from: praiodan on December 16, 2006, 04:21:07 PM
I already did, unfortuatly (as visible on the screen swi posted), there's a big, ugly cloud over it, so it's not very clear to see.

I saw that pic too on google maps....all of the area around it is nice and clear, it would figure that the one cloud in the sky would be over the building you are trying to see.
Well  you know what I think of this beauty....I can't wait to place it in one of my cities!

jacqulina

Fledder200

Wow...this building is realy realy good!!!
I love the way it looks!!! I shure can use such masterpiece in my city!!
Keep it up great work!!
&apls
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

praiodan

Thanks for all the comments  :)

Here's a sneak peak of what I'm up next. Slottet is currently driving me nuts as I only have the nightlights to do, but it seems to be impossible on my slow comp. No textures, no depper detail, just some basic modelling:

More will follow the next days  ;)

thundercrack83

Outstanding work. Can't wait until Slottet is available for download, I'll be looking forward to your next project...

bat