• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Problem installing CAM

Started by pietro_asp, October 03, 2018, 03:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pietro_asp

Hello!
So I was searching for same problems - no luck so far. When I try to install CAM I instantly get this:

Any idea how to fix it? I am using windows 10x64, if that's any help.

mgb204

Usually a C++ runtime error is caused when either:

• The application is no longer compatible with your version of Windows
    Try running the installer in compatibility mode (right click and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility").
  • You don't have the runtime libraries installed
    Search for the C++ runtime and install them. The problem being, there are many different versions, I don't know explicitly which you'd need.

pietro_asp

Tried reinstalling C++ already and compatibility mode was literally my first I've done :(
Guess RIP me

twalsh102

Which versions of Visual C++ do you have installed? 

Having just moved to a Windows 10 computer and reinstalling many programs and mods, I ran across one instance where I needed to install an earlier version of Visual C++ runtime (2005).  I don't remember if it was CAM or something else.  The problem is compounded because the 2005 runtime won't install if a specific later version is installed.  One must uninstall the stated later version before installing the earlier version, and then reinstalling the later version.

If you don't have Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed, you might give it a try to see if it resolves your problem.  The process I went through was:  try and install 2005, read the error message telling you which later version is in conflict, uninstall the later versions (I want to say 2015 (x86)), install 2005, reinstall that later version.

mgb204

Indeed I didn't say re-install C++ or even install it, but specifically install the correct one the application needs. To give you an idea of the complexity of that, here's a list of the variants of the C++ runtime I have installed on my machine:

The only person who'd know which one the installer needs, is the person who made the installer. So, it's going to take some sleuthing to get to the bottom of.

pietro_asp

Yeah think I will just pass on this. I have:

So trying to find "correct one" would take lifetime, assuming that would even solve problem.