• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAMeLots - Linking all available lots and bats

Started by RippleJet, August 14, 2007, 03:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

yes it should Diggis, cleanitol files are fun
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

RippleJet

That should work, Diggis.

Just note that some model dependencies refer to downloads including SC4Lot and Sc4Desc files as well.
These lots are removed by CAM Remove Lots BSC Cleanitol.

That Cleanitol file cannot be included if you merge them all.

Diggis

I was going to run all the model dependency cleanitols, and then install all the model dependencies, then run the lots cleanitols, and then install them... should be OK?

RippleJet

Yes, get the models first, then remove superfluous lots! :thumbsup:

Diggis

Quote from: shoreman905 on August 14, 2007, 04:07:50 PM
12. Industrial High-Tech CAMeLots

Lot Type   Lot Size  Lot Name  Growth Stage  Download CAMeLot here          Download BAT Model here

I-HT
6x6
Integriculture
CAM Industrials BSCIntegriculture

I have the download for the integriculture, which points to a file called nippondenen.zip.  This has a whole bunch of model files in it, but none called integriculture.  What am I missing?

BarbyW

If you Click on All View at the top of the page that link takes you to then on the arrow pointing right at the righthand part - you should see 1/4 then some squares with an arrow pointing left and one right - then scroll down page 2 you will find Integriculture. It is not easy finding things on that site $%Grinno$%
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

RippleJet

I changed the links for both models by 2ch to point directly to the zip files; the Velacosma and the Integriculture.

schm0

:angrymore: I'm still waiting to see some early-staged (1-7 for Res, 1-4 for others) lots. Any authors out there beginning to convert their lots for CAM-consumption?
schm0

Diggis

Seeing as only the BSC have access to the X-tool at this time, it means if someone wanted to make an early lot, they would have to send it to barby, get her to do it and send it back.  I think they are waiting for the x-tool to get finished.

Oh, and RJ, nice work on the links.

RippleJet

Quote from: schm0 on August 30, 2007, 08:12:53 PM
:angrymore: I'm still waiting to see some early-staged (1-7 for Res, 1-4 for others) lots. Any authors out there beginning to convert their lots for CAM-consumption?

SimGoober's lots that are being uploaded will partly fill those gaps.
Otherwise, nothing stops you from using e.g. Gascooker's or BLS's small shops and homes. :thumbsup:
Lower stage buildings won't change much when making them CAMpatible with the "X Tool". ;)

Diggis

OK, I am reinstalling my plugins (again) due to a harddrive failure and due to CAM.  I have come across a couple of minor issues so far and figured I'd let you know here.

1.  CO$$$ Stages 13-14 install doesn't pop up a readme.   Not a big issue, except I delete the zip files and just keep the installer so have to go hunting for the readme.  &mmm

2. CARCH lots, by cerulean - Description says it replaces all 55 of Ceruleans lots, but when checking the cleanitol list against my list of downloads I found a couple that were not in the cleanitol: CHARCH Camblade Complex (the insurance building and tower are there, but not the complex), CHARCH Djoella Industries, and CHARCH Winterburne.

BarbyW

Re the cerulean lots, Chamblade Complex is a plop that needs quite a bit of work to get up to date so had been put to one side; Winterburne Suites were uploaded by BSC as ceruelan had dropped out of the radoar leaving them behind. They will get updated and posted eventually with their own Cleanitol file; Djoella was missed off the Cleanitol so I will add it and update for future.
I am surprised at you, Diggis, deleting the zips. &mmm I always keep them as a back up in case I have to reinstall. Sorry about the lack of pop up but there will be many who will cheer as it seems to be the most complained about feature of the installers. $%Grinno$% I don't think it is worth updating just for that.

RippleJet

Quote from: Diggis on September 01, 2007, 03:37:42 AM
have to go hunting for the readme.  &mmm

It's good to see someone actually hunting for the readmes though! &apls

Diggis

Ahh barby, you missunderstand me.  I delete the zip file, but keep the exe installer so I can reinstall.

The issue I am having is that I am trying to find the latest copy of each file, which is not so easy with everything being released.  I have set aside this weekend for updating my plugins, but *PHEW* I might need a few more weeks.

BarbyW

Not so bad then, Diggis. :thumbsup: Have fun but just think of me. I cannot think of playing at the moment as my plugins is in a complete mess with doing the SG lots as well as the CAM stuff. I hope to get sorted in the next few months and finally start to play again. ::)

Diggis

Quote from: RippleJet on August 26, 2007, 03:05:50 AM

Just note that some model dependencies refer to downloads including SC4Lot and Sc4Desc files as well.

If I run this aftre I instal the CAM lots will that cause issues?

On another note, I ran the Missing models one, but it can't see most of the models I do have installed.  &mmm

redguy

Quote from: RippleJet on August 26, 2007, 03:05:50 AM

Another question (gotta do something on a Sunday). If I install all CAMelot's and all BAT's from this thread, then run Cleanitol with this file, can I then be sure that I have installed *all* dependencies and that I have no duplicates?

Diggis

There are files with the BAT files which you have to run, then install the bat files, then run the remove lots, then install the CAM lots, then run the Cleanitol CAM models file to check you have them all.

redguy

Okay, thanks for the quick answer. It's like a live helpdesk here :D.

I ran Cleanitol with the text-file from the Models pack, then installed the models, then ran Cleanitol with the text-file from the Lots pack.

Which brings me to another question. If you want the install CAMelot with all the Lots, you have to spend a huge amount of time of downloading and installing. And then you have to do a couple of tens of times. Why not put all dependencies in 1 huge torrent? That way a new installer doesn't have to download each pack independently.

But thanks again, and keep up the good work! It looks awesome :D.