• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doorknob60

@ Everyone commenting on the Left exit on I-84, that's not a rest stop. It's the parking lot for Multnomah Falls, though it looks like a rest stop kinda. Also, about people saying only Interstates can have exit numbers...on US 97. "But doorknob, that's a US highway!" OR-22 Okay I'm done going off topic now, and hopefully this ends further off topic discussion :P I wonder what the "top secret" RHW features will be? :D
Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

TmiguelT

Oh God. I'll be really looking forward to see Version 4 of the RHW Project  :thumbsup:.

Let's all hope that "hmmmmmmm" doesn't come around here  :P but i feel his presence..

joelyboy911

Theres some very nice stuff happening here, Alex. Very nice indeed.

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

metarvo

Diagonal eRHW overpasses?  I know I have some places for these.  :)  Delicious!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Ryan B.

Quote from: Tarkus on November 06, 2009, 10:23:59 PM
Some pieces . . . still need to fix some aliasing issues.

-Alex

The pieces are starting to fall into place . . .  $%#Ninj2

JoeST

Quote from: Ryan B. on November 07, 2009, 06:17:31 AM
The pieces are starting to fall into place . . .  $%#Ninj2
they'd be pretty useless puzzle pieces if they didnt :D

looking fantastic. as usual :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

doorknob60

Nice pieces Alex  &apls I see some usefullness in them already :D
Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

itsacoaster

Quote from: Tarkus on November 06, 2009, 01:52:58 AM
  • New ramp interfaces, notably including a number of RHW-6C additions
I am most pleased to hear about this, Tarkus.  I've always thought the 6C Network could be one of the most useful and practical ones.  The three tiles tend to keep traffic moving quickly in most cases (save for a jam-up or two around busy interchanges).  Thanks for all your hard work on this mod.

Quote from: metarvo on November 07, 2009, 05:33:23 AM
Diagonal eRHW overpasses?  I know I have some places for these.  :)  Delicious!  :thumbsup:
For certain.  It would get rid of ugly snake-shaped highways that are sometimes inevitable when you want a diagonal RHW.  This and some new Diagonal RHW-4 puzzle pieces would make these interchanges almost seamless.

urban joe

This mod looks awesome but for some reason it doesn't want to work for me. I figured this would be the best place to ask for help.

http://[img=http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/7088/riverside10jan731257904l.png]

Alright as you can see I have a simple RHW-4 dividing residential from commercial/industry but for some reason the people can get across to the other side.

http://[img=http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1917/riverside22jul731257904.png]
This is where I think the problem is since the cars (including cars in UDI mode) stop.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but hopefully someone can help me get it solved. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: couldn't get pictures to show on the thread so i just posted links. Sorry!

j-dub

In the future, you do not want to use png picture files, especially if you want to upload them on this site. I don't know why Maxis made that pic file the output game image file, but png's are too much in size for this site to handle. There may be a pathing issue here causing your problems, now if only we knew what piece it was...

deathtopumpkins

To confirm that that is the tile, could you please turn on DrawPaths (ctrl+x, "DrawPaths" if you've got Buggi's Extra Cheats .dll. If not, get it ;) ) and take another pic?
Though i suspect that you have an outdated version of a related mod in your Plugins folder, which can usually be corrected by a full reinstall of the NAM and RHW.

As for posting pics, try this:
[URL=http://img188.imageshack.us/i/riverside10jan731257904l.png/][IMG]http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/7088/riverside10jan731257904l.png[/IMG][/URL]
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

urban joe

Ill get that picture right away. I don't think I could have a outdated version since i'm running a clean version of the game with only NAM and RHW mods installed.

Battlecat

Quote from: j-dub on November 10, 2009, 06:36:10 PM
In the future, you do not want to use png picture files, especially if you want to upload them on this site. I don't know why Maxis made that pic file the output game image file, but png's are too much in size for this site to handle. There may be a pathing issue here causing your problems, now if only we knew what piece it was...

From my experience, while png does produce larger images, they also produce much higher quality images than most of the standard jpeg compressors.  At least with png, we have control over the level of jpeg compression and thus over the level of artifacts produced. 

Just so not to get to far off topic, those new puzzle pieces look excellent!  Nice mix of options, I'm glad to see diagonal over orthogonal options on the way for the future! 

urban joe

Alright looks like a proplem with the MIS perhaps?

deathtopumpkins

Are you sure your latest install of the RHW is the Left-Hand Drive version?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

urban joe

wes.janson

@ Urban Joe... Judging from your paths you have left hand drive version of SC4.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

urban joe

AH! It makes so much sense now! No wonder I had so much trouble plopping my on/off ramps.

Is there any way I can convert my version of the game into the right-hand drive version?

wes.janson

Quote from: urban joe on November 10, 2009, 08:43:26 PM
Is there any way I can convert my version of the game into the right-hand drive version?

Yeah, it's pretty simple. Check out this thread.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!