• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

If someone would have told me a couple days ago AntigOne was just about to be filled up with a new focus on snowy pictures and modding (not to mention the related Jupiter tweaking) I don't think I would have believed them. What an awesome surprise!

I really like the Jupiter Mod changes and pics and the snowy stuff is just awesome. The VIP winter pack looks excellent, is well-modded, and hopefully will help generate more interest winter stuff from other creators (maybe we can change Antoine's mind  ;D ). The skiers, Corylus & Pteridium completely change what is possible for me to create in Siilijoki as there was simply nothing else suitable before and these have been done perfectly. Having the extra deciduous tree options in addition to Girafe's birches (thanks again Antoine!) is really great. I hope winter remains in AntigOne for a while to come  ;)

xannepan

Great pictures! And happy to see you found your way to mod the mod  ;D

Next release the bullseye will be removed... I left it in for testing and feedback purposes. Since performance seems to be ok now there is no use for it anymore. Note please that with your removal of the fsh you also removed the circles in the water during rainfall...

Indeed modding the seasonal aspects of the weather is easy. It will be difficult to release somethng that will fit everybodies desires so I am happy for figured it out. You could go a step further. If you want to replace the tornado by any other effect, just copy another month, give it a new instance, and tune the seasonal timing properties in the exemplar to make it appear in any month you like.

:)

rambuckel

Cedric, that's fantastic! I wish I had your skills, but I'm actually much to birdbrained in all those technical issues to even have such brilliant ideas!  And I wish I had your patience :) But I'm really happy that you have all these attributes and that you share your wonderful creations! Thanks for sharing them , Theresa
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Badsim

Standalone pictures from the animated GIF above ( needs some time to load due to its sizes  ;) ) ;

Well , it would be too long and complicated to explain all I've done during these 10 days since the previous update , but my conclusion is that any Snow theme should be non-seasonal and should work as a complete and standalone SC4 world like SimMars ( let me name it SimSnow ) . My first work has been to remove the FSH file from Jupiter's Mod for snow covered ground during  snowstorms , as Peg's snow mod2 do it better : shadows work properly now , and the snowy overlays for roads I've created aren't covered by Jupiter's snow :

Then , I've had to re-work all MMPs having not snowy items so these items are simply replaced by a « ghost » model during  winters . Concerning LotEditing , both of the 3 LOTs of that scene have 2 versions ; snowy/regular . I have so two subfolders , one with Lowkee's Appalachian terrain Mod and regular LOTs , the other one with Peg's snow Mod and snowy LOTs . That's a quite  simple gymnastics to switch then one for the other , with 3 LOTs and a Mod ;  it would be another affair for an entire Plugins folder ... and , finally , the road is artificial . But  that stuff could be Modded for a SimSnow by a snowy NAM Team ... ( yes , we are allowed to dream !  :P  $%Grinno$% ). It will stay experimental as I do not intend to go further with that : too much work for a single man ( it would be too much for a team and could easily take another 10 years for the community ... ) so , finally and despite these pictures , I feel rather like a frustrated person now ; I've seen that's possible and most probably will never be released ... :'(

Replies :

Quote from: Kergelen on January 27, 2013, 01:18:40 PM

... Just curiosity: Is Vnaoned still active or you have his models from time ago?

Unfortunately no . All I've got from him is 2 y.o. and he has never been really active since the VIP Team creation . Like for any hobby , it requests a lot of free time and we do not have all that chance . Have some news from times to times nevertheless  ...

Quote from: Girafe on January 28, 2013, 09:25:17 AM
Tu ne serais pas un peu foufou toi  ::)

I am not planing to export former flora with snow liveries. I tried with the birches (a request from Noah) but I never imagined it was so long to do  &mmm

I checked a little bit the set, it's working nice.  :thumbsup:

You have a slight bug with the icons. Always the same problem with the nomenclature but for STEX it's ok ^^.

Having had to work with your pines and cablecar nomenclatures ... let me laugh !  :D Thanks for the seasonal ( and snowy ) Larches . They're a precious addition ...  &apls ... What a pity Edelweiss cabin has no snowy version . And what a pity your winter pack ( and project ) has been put completely out of mind . ::)

RDV chez les pintades demain après-midi .
$%#Ninj2

Quote from: xannepan on January 28, 2013, 01:21:04 PM
Great pictures! And happy to see you found your way to mod the mod  ;D

Next release the bullseye will be removed... I left it in for testing and feedback purposes. Since performance seems to be ok now there is no use for it anymore. Note please that with your removal of the fsh you also removed the circles in the water during rainfall...

Indeed modding the seasonal aspects of the weather is easy. It will be difficult to release somethng that will fit everybodies desires so I am happy for figured it out. You could go a step further. If you want to replace the tornado by any other effect, just copy another month, give it a new instance, and tune the seasonal timing properties in the exemplar to make it appear in any month you like.

:)

Alex , Alex , Alex ...   :-\ ( I can't describe my admiration for such a pionner mind .  :o )

Indeed , that's impossible to satisfy everybody , but , as ( partially ) explained in this update , it could be interesting , for those wanting to play with snow as a whole separated theme , to release a Jupiter's version having just snowtorms all year long , with no snowy ground texture as they need Peg's Snow Mod to use the few snowy BATs available ( there's also an interesting Antartic Terrain Mod from QuantumEagle - STEX) . I think that it could really  generate more vocations  for snow theme from players/BATers/LOTers and MODers . ;)

Thanks a million times for your priceless work anyway .
&apls &apls &apls

Theresa , Noah , Matt , Jim , Robin , Vortext ( and what about a snowy trees controller now ? ? ?  ;D ) ,  gn_leugim and Kergelen , thanks for your comments . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

rooker1

Amazing....awesome....outstanding....fascinating....incredible....marvelous....prodigious....shocking....stunning....surprising....unbelievable....wonderful.  And these are just a few of the superlatives I could come up with which still doesn't say enough for your work.
Always a pleasure to see what you are up to.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

FrankU

Let's make it easy for myself: I second that.

Incredible, did you mention that already? Ah, yes, well, anyway... SC5 eat your heart out!

noahclem

Fantastic pictures Cedric  &apls  The animation is a particularly nice touch.

I share your feeling that winter SimCity is a very difficult process but I wouldn't be so quick to lose hope. I use the same approach you do, keeping all of my summer/regular stuff in one folder and all of my winter stuff in another, switching just one folder to move between winter and summer. It's quite easy and removing that step would be an enormous amount of work. My experience with winter lotting is basically non-existent so I can't say much about that.

As for the NAM stuff, some level of seasonal snowy modding via T21s should be possible but it would be much easier to create a snowy texture mod that you would take in and out of your plugins along with the rest of your winter files. At least something has been done with that in the past and is available on the STEX though I'm not sure about its quality or how much it would actually replace. The textures you've made are much nicer from what I remember and should be able to be put into the game fairly easily, at least for the most basic stuff. Willy and I have already been talking about doing something like that actually.

A couple things I like to use for winter that I think you might also: Quantum Eagle's Antarctic Terrain Mod--I prefer it to the PEG one, though lower elevations can look too icy and not enough snowy. Also this little hut by nbvc is useful to me all the time. And I think your ski resort needs some of Xannepan's new polar bears on the LEX  ;D

Keep up the great work!

nbvc

Fantastic work. &apls &apls &apls
Is the snowplow a functional mod which really removes snow or is it photoshoped?

mattb325

As always, Cedric - you give us the most amazing scenery. The moodiness of the 4th picture would have to be my favourite  &apls

Uzil

Wow, hard to think it's Simcity 4 and not the real life, congratulations for your amazing work  :thumbsup:

vortext

Once again you've given us something to aspire to! For me the second pic is favourite.  &apls

As for a snowy tree controller, it's still on the to-do list::)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Swordmaster

If we all keep prodding Antoine hard enough, he'll cave in.  ;)

Yes Noah, if I ever finish all my running projects I would certainly make snow-covered versions of my railroad textures. Nothing beats railyards in winter. I have a safe assumption, however, that none of my attempts could beat what you're doing right here Cédric. This is amazing as always, and very unkind to the previously assumed limits of this game. Stellar, stunning, stupifying work!

Cheers
Willy

MTT9

I'm i dreaming, it looks like sc4 but... a 1000 times better!!!
You can call me Matt

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Ol.S / Benoit

Oh god this is so nice ! Your work on that scene is really amazing, perfect, I mean, how can that be better ? So much details !
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Meastro444

Quote from: nbvc on February 06, 2013, 11:59:07 AM
Fantastic work. &apls &apls &apls
Is the snowplow a functional mod which really removes snow or is it photoshoped?
There is no functional snow in SC4. Thus it can't work as a snowplow.
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Badsim

Nothing's finished about that ski resort inspired by Big Sky Resort , Yellowstone , Montana ... I'm working to landscape fully seasonal surroundings with ski trails and the road access to the resort , but well , the resort itself is enough advanced for a teaser pic :

There's no photoshoping is my pictures dear nbvc  ;D , the snowplow is  from R6 ( props pack available at Toutsinmcities.com ) and has been here MMPed ... That said , if my dear Girafe doesn't want to re-export a snowy version of his fabulous Edelweiss Chalet , I'm gonna use photoshop next time . $%Grinno$%

Full replies and explanations  will be provided with the full update to come ( I hope to finish it before the end of the month ... ) but , definitely , the Pyrenean Terrain Mod « Full HD snow » is the best snow Mod to fit with Jupiter , ski nets from Pegasus have been resized and MODed to a seasonal MMP and I'm still working at creating new snowy textures for the snowy road ( curves to come  :P ) ...

I'm coming here always in a hurry lately , it becomes worse and worse , I know it , and I am sorry about that ...  &mmm

Greetings . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

art128

Absolutely gorgeous work on that resort, Cédric.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

Wonderful! Couldn't think of any detail that's missing here. . .  The perfect ski resort.

Cheers
Willy