• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Westfield

Started by Allein, May 08, 2011, 02:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 4!

Nice pictures of that WTC!
And fantastic night shot. :thumbsup:

Allein

The Big Dig:

The Big Dig is the nickname of Central Artery / Tunnel Project, an underground highway project in New York, USA built by NYGTC (New York Global Transportation Company) between 2001 and 2007.

His goal was to lighten the surface circulation in the heart of New York itself. Following delays, stops, cost overruns, leaks, it is the most expensive highway construction project Simlandais. Initially estimated at $ 3.5 billion in 2001 Simleon, it cost $ 14.6 billion in July 2007.

This project consists of elevated highway in the suburbs, many highway bridges and tunnels that cross the Hudson River and East River, the hardest to achieve were However motorway tunnels crossing Manhattan in length and width.
A suspension bridge crossing a plant of 2965 m was built at the mouth of the Hudson river, making it the longest suspension bridge in the world.
In all, there are more than 90 km. highways that have been made​​, more than 15 km. bridges and more than 30 km. tunnels.

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

Terring7

The Big Dig is brilliant. I also enjoyed your version of the W.T.C., with the Liberty Tower and the Shanghai World Financial Centre &apls
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

bat

Very nice picture of that ship there!
The others are nice, too. :thumbsup:

kelis

Great job my friend ! I like that bridge  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Allein

Looking back...

...at New York, version 1.1 $%Grinno$%

These images date back just a year ago ... that progress :thumbsup:

Allein

Rockfeller Center-partie 1: les 3 Jumeaux/XYZ Buildings et le Time-Life Building

Une vue globale

Plan

QuoteTime-Life Building

Ce bâtiment est situé au centre de l'image

Le Time-Life Building est un immeuble situé au 1271 Avenue of the Americas (Sixième Avenue) dans le Rockefeller Center à Westfield. Le bâtiment, inauguré en 1959, fut dessiné par l'architecte de la famille Rockefeller, Wallace Harrison, du cabinet Harrison, Abramovitz, and Harris. Le building était la première extension du Rockefeller Center à l'ouest de l'Avenue des Amériques.

C'est un bâtiment de 279 m comportant 74 étages aux vitres vertes. Il fut à l'origine occupé par Time Inc., l'éditeur de Time et Life magazines.

Quote1251 Avenue of the Americas

L'Exxon Building, aussi connu sous le nom de 1251 Avenue of the Americas (son adresse) est un gratte-ciel de Westfield. Il est situé sur la sixième avenue, qui porte aussi le nom d'Avenue of the Americas. Il fait partie du Rockefeller Center, et des XYZ Buildings, trois tours d'architectures voisines. Les plans du bâtiment datent de 1963, et furent réalisés par Harrison et Abramovitz. Il mesure 354 mètre de haut.

QuoteMcGraw-Hill Building

Le McGraw-Hill Building est situé au 1221 Avenue of the Americas. Il fut le premier achevé, en 1969, et il est le second en hauteur avec ses 317 m.
C'est dans cet immeubles que le film Le Diable s'habille en Prada Le Diable s'habille en Prada a été tourné.

QuoteCelanese Building

Le 1211 Avenue of the Americas, également connu sous le nom de News Corp. Building, est un immeuble situé dans le quartier de Midtown (Manhattan), dans la ville de Westfield, SD. Il se trouve sur la sixième avenue, qui porte aussi le nom d'Avenue of the Americas.

Achevé en 1973 et baptisé à l'origine Celanese Building, il a été construit dans le cadre de travaux de développement du Rockefeller Center débuté dans les années 1950 avec la construction du Time-Life Building. Il fait partie des XYZ Buildings, un ensemble de trois tours de même style architectural. Les plans ont été conçus par les bureaux Harrison, Abramovitz & Harris et The Associated Architects. L'immeuble est le siège social de Fox Entertainment Group (News Corporation).

Le Celanese Building culmine à 279 mètres et possède 69 étages.

Rockfeller Center-partie 2: GE Building

QuoteGE Building

Le GE Building est l'un des gratte-ciel les plus célèbres de Westfield. Construit en style Art déco, au cœur du Rockefeller Center et de Midtown, il mesure 401 mètres de hauteur et comporte 108 étages. Le GE Building a été achevé en 1933.

Hors Sujet

QuoteIBM Building

Son nom original était 590 Madison Avenue. Il mesure 184 mètres de haut et compte 41 étages. Il a été construit en 1983 pour accueillir IBM.

sc-4

Very good IAM !

PS : C'est looking back et non locking back . / It's looking back and not locking back .

Call me Ludo

Allein

Quote from: sc-4 on June 16, 2011, 09:19:56 AM
Very good IAM !
Thank you, my friend :thumbsup:

Quote from: sc-4 on June 16, 2011, 09:19:56 AMPS : C'est looking back et non locking back . / It's looking back and not locking back .
This time, Google was not my fiend :angrymore: &mmm

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

bat

Great new pictures there! :thumbsup:
Also nice overview of NY 1.1!!

Nanami

Great pictures there! looks very NY style.  :thumbsup:

Allein

Blocus du fleuve Oméga

La récente décision de rattacher le SD au Columbia a provoqué la colère des Westfieldiens et de leur maire IAM.

Quote from: IAMLe comportement des Columbiens, qui veulent devenir les maître du SD, est inadmissible !
Les choses se passeront certainement pas comme cela.
L'heure est grave, devons nous nous laisser faire? Devons nous laisser disparaître notre culture au profit de la culture Columbienne

Le maire IAM, aidé de l'état du SD, a pris la décision de faire le blocus du fleuve Oméga.

Les conséquences de cette décision sont très lourdes...Le Columbia est privé d'approvisionnement maritime, le commerce et l'industrie tournent au ralenti. Les navires postés dans la baie de Westfield ont l'ocres de tirer, si les navires Columbien toutes de percer le blocus...

Cette décision est valable jusqu'à ce qu'un accord puisse être fait.

Allein

Thanks for coments ;D :thumbsup:

New York International Airport

sc-4

Very good airport !

Ps : Ta MaJ précédente était en Français =D

Call me Ludo

Allein

Thank you

Pour "the french" $%Grinno$% pas eu le courage de traduire :P :-[

Exla357

Great airport, IAM. I love the variety and the terminals, airport road layout, and different types of planes.
Though you have made a common mistake.
EVERY GATE IS OCCUPIED AND THE GATES ARE WAY TO CLOSE TO THE TAXIWAY.
Generally, you want to have about 2 empty gates for every five planes, and the back of the plane should be AT LEST 3 TILES FROM THE TAXIWAY. In a few of those shots, passing planes would clip their wings on gated planes.

-Alex  :thumbsup:

Allein

Quote from: Exla357Great airport, IAM. I love the variety and the terminals, airport road layout, and different types of planes.
Thank you :thumbsup:

Quote from: Exla357Generally, you want to have about 2 empty gates for every five planes
I'll modify it :thumbsup:

Quote from: Exla357and the back of the plane should be AT LEST 3 TILES FROM THE TAXIWAY.
With an A-380 it pass (about 1-2 meters :-[ ° )

Allein

New York International Airport

A second mosaic, I haven't the time to modify yet &cry2