• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Pense; Quite Some Time Has Passed

Started by WannGLondon, January 16, 2012, 08:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

For me the terraces in Lansbury.

Great update  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

I'll take an apartment on the last floor of one of the Westbourne Projects buildings. ;)

Excellent update, nice looking housings, very Londonian. I also love the region view.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

WC_EEND

I'll take the terraces in Lansbury as well.

edit: forgot to add this: happy birthday mate  :thumbsup:

Xander

RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

cmdp123789

I'd live in the tudor mansions... far away from all the noise... nice house... very "english"... and oh my god... MANSIONS...c'mon!!

Piterdaw1

Great update !
I like your Mayor Diary.  &apls

WannGLondon

Hey guys, so I have decided to delete my current region of Pense. To be honest, I have not been completely happy with its development and I have learned many things while creating this great city. What I have learned I will apply to a new Pense, making it bigger and better. The old Pense will be sorry to go, but a better Pense is on its way!
Anyway, here is a last region view of Pense.

Bye for now.
Call me Warren.

cmdp123789

wow... I was really into this one even though I only commented on the end of it. Anyways... Im guessing this one coming will be better and since this one was your "warm up" well then it served its purposed... CANT WAIT FOR THE NEW ONE...!!!

catty

Quote from: WannGLondon on April 19, 2012, 06:32:21 PM
Hey guys, so I have decided to delete my current region of Pense. ...

:'(

I shall miss your region shots
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

RickD

I certainly did not expect this. But sometimes you have to end one thing to start something better. I am looking forward to it.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

vortext

Too bad you're discontinuing this MD, there aren't that many which focus on large metropoles, something I aspire to as well (some day  ::) ) so this was quite inspirational. Ah well, all good things come to an end and I'm sure the new Pense will be better and even bigger than before  ;) Take care for now.
time flies like a bird

noahclem

Quote from: RickD on April 20, 2012, 01:42:38 AM
I certainly did not expect this. But sometimes you have to end one thing to start something better. I am looking forward to it.
I agree completely--can't wait to see what you have planned for the new version  :thumbsup:

apeguy

It's definately a shame to see this great MD end. :( But I do look forward to seeing the new Pense. ;D ;D

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

WannGLondon

Hey guys, thanks for all the comments and support. I am sorry for ending this MD, but I do promise you, I have learned more about gameplay and have studied London more extensively so that my new Pense will be even better. I do not want to disappoint you guys, so I promise this Pense will be great. Lastly, I will tell you that one of the biggest reasons I wanted to end this MD is because I was unhappy with the suburban commercial development and the areas across the river from the central city. Many of my commercial development in the suburbs had long rows of the same building because I had radical demand mods. Repetitive buildings are fine for my residentials, not for my commercials. I also plan to make the central area more circular, like the real London. Anyway, keep your hopes up!

See you all soon,
Warren.
Call me Warren.

WannGLondon

Update on the new and improved Pense

Here is a current area view. I am going to make the central area more circular and I've really improved the Southwark-inspired area.

And here is the Southwark-inspired area, Lemgate and Cross Haven. Just a teaser  ;)

More coming soon! Hope you enjoyed these little teasers.
Call me Warren.

vortext

Well, you sure now how to get a city going  :thumbsup:

Though I figured you were going to wait untill Dobbdriver finished the Londen area map with Canary Wharf aligned with the grid. Not that I mind  $%Grinno$%
time flies like a bird

cmdp123789

NICE!!! starting again... I really like the rail system, looks complicated yet so simple... amazing!

catty

&apls   you're back that's great ... looking forward to your next update   :)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Piterdaw1

Looking goood  :thumbsup: But I don't like maxis high-tech.

WannGLondon

Quote from: vortext on April 23, 2012, 02:09:36 PM
Well, you sure now how to get a city going  :thumbsup:

Though I figured you were going to wait untill Dobbdriver finished the Londen area map with Canary Wharf aligned with the grid. Not that I mind  $%Grinno$%
Yes I am determined.  ;D And I am glad you do not mind haha.

Quote from: cmdp123789 on April 23, 2012, 03:21:53 PM
NICE!!! starting again... I really like the rail system, looks complicated yet so simple... amazing!
Thanks buddy! The rail system is one of my favorite parts so far.

Quote from: catty on April 24, 2012, 12:47:34 PM

&apls   you're back that's great ... looking forward to your next update   :)
Thanks Cathy.  :)

Quote from: Piterdaw1 on April 24, 2012, 01:14:52 PM
Looking goood  :thumbsup: But I don't like maxis high-tech.
Thank you, and neither do I haha.

Another update.

In this update I am going to present some images of the developing area, on our way to surpass the old Pense.

I am first going to start in the north end of the central area with St. George Hill. This hilly area was fun to develop and of course it has stunning views all over the central area. A favorite to local Pensites and one of my favorite places so far. It was named after Lord Dorchester's dog oddly enough.

In this image is the developing Bank Court. Hopefully a soon-to-be financial Mecca.

Just down the road from St. George Hill is St. George Train Station and the wealthy neighborhood of Highbury. It is inspired by Bloomsbury in London.

Here we have Bowfield High Street (the road going north-south) and the surrounding terraces and gardens. This area is one of the oldest in the whole city.

And here we have some Lemgate condos and apartments. Not the wealthiest neighborhood, but that is what makes a city metropolitan!

In this image is another one of my favorite parts of the city, Seward Circus. This roundabout somewhat provides an entrance to the southern-central area of Cross Haven and Lemgate. It is quite fun to watch cars and double-decker busses (yes Cathy, I took your advice and got some double-decker busses  ;)) make their way around this busy roundabout.

And of course, it wouldn't be my MD without adding a region pic at the end, hope you enjoy.

*Please leave comments or criticism below.
Call me Warren.

apeguy

Looking good, it'll be cool to see the new Pense expand over time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy