• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

And now for something completely different : Altensimmen in Sims 3 - Update 17

Started by carlfatal, June 04, 2014, 03:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlfatal

Heya to you all!
After i´ve showed some pictures of my current project I had the big luck to get permission from the site staff to start something like a region portrait with this town, and I am very thankful for this. Some of you may know me as someone, who loves framework,  some may have seen the few pictures of finished scenes I ever had created in SC4. Sadly I lost all of my interest in it, and one of the reasons was another game.

And so I will start with an exerpt: "and now for something completely different..."

I am part of the SimForum staff, and we not only have a section for SimCity4, we also have two much bigger parts, where people meet, who play Sims games. Nothing to wonder, as all these games come from one home, EA.
So it was only a question of time, when - not that - I started playing Sims 2. For this game I could use SC4 to build a layout (with only 90 degree ankles on streets sadly), where I could place lots and build houses on it. Two villages grew this way.
Some time later I bought my first Sims 3 game, I was interested in the new abilities, the new graphics, the curved streets. First it was nice, it looked very good but it was and is buggy. Until today you need mods to play successful, mods alone to clean up your savegames. So it had to leave my harddrive soon again.
Last year, after the last addon and also a last patch came out, I started again, now with the first addons. I downloaded actualized mods for the game, and I started to play around with some of the modding tools for it, mostly to organize my mods/downloads folder.
And one of these tools is provided by EA itself, the CreateAWorldTool. As long as you own a sims game, you are allowed to download and to use it to create your own worlds and share them with the community.
First time i fired it on, I was frustrated after a few hours, nothing worked like I wanted, too much adjusting knobs... I needed weeks of "playing" around with this tool to lay out my first streets without glitch. And then I decided to use a smaller mapsize - less place - less problems...
So I started again on a small map, 256x256, like the smallest one in SC4. And yeah, this time, with a less spectacular landscape, with only one level of water I was able to design a layout, where I could start to build "my" town.
For the most Sims players a map is something you can download and play with, and I had to learn, that pictures of a growing town aren´t, what the most of them want to see. Like I mentioned, the CAW is no game, it is still a modding tool, although I like to play with it.

Here you will see some kind of town portrait mixed with informations to the programs I use. I hope, this is at your like. I choosed this method, cause the main aspect of my work isn´t the simulation of a big town, it always was the interest in history and how towns worked in different times. I always tried to find out, how an "organic" grown looking old town was planned. So it was logical for me to choose this program.
What I will show now, is not comparable with SC4, it is a sandbox, so to say. It cannot replace any simulator, as every simulation here starts after finishing the file and starting a new game. But it is a very handy tool, if someone likes details, full3D, and nearly no grid. And aside from this, a well made world file can be a nice gift to other players.
Like I said, I am an absolute beginner here, there are people, who create stunning places with absolute phantastic landscape and architecture. More pictures of a handful of very well made worlds you can find here especially I love "Praaven" and "Cladbridge on Stowe", another favorite for me is Vice City. If anyone here is fan of the GTA series - have a look into and be sure, that you are sitting anywhere...  $%Grinno$%

But now it is time to start with the first pictures. Today I will give You a little view into the CAW first. If you open the program it will look like this, (depending on the language you use). I am creating a new file now:

I have to give in a size (there are some similar to the SC4 tiles), I have to choose a terrain, and then a heightmap, - yeah, a greyscale! Sounds familiar, eh?

I am using a flat one here to explain:

If I want, there IS grid. And for now I want:

Here you can see why: the palm tree has a shadow, and depending on the time, this shadow will rise. Now it is 11am here (there is a clock built in, so you can change time and date -and season - if you have this addon):

I rotate the camera to look from south and place a small plant in front of the palm to mark the direction from south to north:

I zoom out a bit:

And this is the size of the complete map, the same I am using for my current project:

Zoomed in again, and yes, the grid can rotate in steps of 1 degree, this can be very handy to place lots or streets or objects:

Then landscaping, exactly like in terraformer, the same possibilites, but less exactly like the terraformer sadly. But nice though:

And painting: that is a part I try and error. You can use different sizes and intensitivity, it is something I still have to learn, how to use:

An early picture of the map I am now working on:

And how it looks now (from east):

A picture looking from the little lake to the town, I really like the detailed terrainpaints. Ingame it looks like real...

This view is only possible inside the CAW. All the forest, you can see at the borders will be unroutable for Sims ingame, also the camera will be restricted to the inner part of the map later. And sadly the railway is only deco:

The next pictures I´ve made ingame. With the little diamond in the upper line of the CAW I can open the game without leaving the tool. So I can build on lots, that I´ve placed in CAW before. And I have to admit: I am NOT showing real buildings or places, this town is an idealized impression of a "typical" small Hessian town in a rural environment.

Here is an oversight over the old town, how it looks at the moment.
First a picture to the south:

From west:

From south:

Here a first look to the "Schlossplatz" where a small, baroque castle dominates the quarter:

All the houses you can see here currently are facades only. I plan the whole town as an essemble, so in a way function follows form here. Later I will decide, wether a building will be built as a residential or  a community lot. I need to place more than 50 places for community related game interactions, sometimes I can use a lot for more than one of them. But this will definitively happen at a later point in time. The castle from the south side. The green slope here will be filled with plants, trees, bushes and so. But first the buildings. Only for example: I needed five hours to build only facade and staircase of the castle. Houses like this are built with a lot of cheats for the so called build mode ingame. I will talk more about it later:

The marketplace like it looks now, on the left side you can see the old town hall with lots of different roofs and a tower on the backside - more details will come:

An early shot from one bridge to the old town. During the reformation aera a 30 years long during war destroyed a lot of towns and villages in later Germany. After this time towns were rebuilt in the common style, so here many of the framework houses and the former castle. Framework isn´t medieval, it is the most common way to build wooden houses since ancient times. The Amish in the USA for example build houses and barns exactly this way till today.:

An early view to the mostly finished facade of the church, another typical building of the early baroque (no original, only an impression):

Here a s view in the eastern entrance to the old Jewish lane:

This quarter is mostly finished from street view. So I decided to show pictures from here first. The white house in the middle is the school and synagogue. It is no rebuild of a historical building, merely it is an impression of old framework synagogues you can see in small Hessian towns. The most aren´t in use anymore, but here in my Simsworld things happened different to the reality:

And a wonderful summer sunday shot, the first picture, I really liked:

This portrait is not only special, as it shows my way from a green plain to a town, I would like to live in. It also is hopefully a way to open the eyes of the community to our own best. We all are interested in townplanning, we all are detail-fascinated, and sometimes I think of "us" as a kind of virtual "model railway" builders. In my view, SimCity4 isn´t outdated, there was and is no game comparable to this. But there are other programs, people interested in townplanning, traffic organizing, architecture, and the discussion about the how and why, should mention them.
And to be honest: good graphics are nice, but a hobby like ours only needs inspiration and some kind of knowledge. No ideal program or game is availlable. So the programs we use are tools to show pictures (or videos) of our imagination. And every program, that is usable to plan a town, is worth a view. Here You can see my start into the CAW, as for me the grid was the most inacceptable part in SC4. I can live with a railway as deco only, cause here I build something, others will play with. It will start to live after my work is done. And this is fascinating me especially.

Don´t be shy, tell me, what do You think? Is this portrait at the right place here or not?

But at first place I really hope, You liked this small excursion. I will be back soon.

EDIT: sorry Catty, some of the pictures were too big. I´ve changed it.

catty

A great start to this MD, I'm at work so am just popping in to say   :thumbsup:   &apls  and will be back later to have a proper look at everything, especially want to have a good look at the pictures as I'm using an old internet browser and the pictures have got chopped off in the middle.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Jmouse

Interesting. I didn't know "The Sims" series had a city-building feature. I have bookmarked the site you mentioned above and plan to return for a closer look. My favorite screen shot here is ..."looking from the little lake to the town..." and the one following it – the railroad. The idea of "terrainpaints" sounds intriguing, too. You have left me eager to see more of your work.

catty

Quote from: carlfatal on June 04, 2014, 03:04:06 PM
...But at first place I really hope, You liked this small excursion. I will be back soon.

EDIT: sorry Catty, some of the pictures were too big. I´ve changed it.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for that, it certainly surprised me what you can achieve using CreateAWorldTool, the bridge and the last pictures you posted are   &apls  its got a very similiar feel to Cities in Motion 1 when you are using its Map Editor.

And thanks for taking that step into the unknown as far as starting a non-SC4 MD here ... a karma point heading your way.   :)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

vortext

It looks eerily familiar, yet completely different.  %confuso :D

The grid is the most limiting aspect in sc4 indeed, even though we have FA roads nowadays not many BATs exists to go along. I can also understand the appeal that others will be able to play with your map once it's finished. I guess that's also the reason why there aren't any sims around yet? And if I understand correctly you'll also model the interior of all the houses? That'd be a hell of a lot of work I imagine.  &Thk/(

Anyway, a lovely town and I'd like to see more pictures for sure!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

noahclem

Great start  &apls  It's really impressive what you've been able to create in these pictures and it must be really nice to be able to do some of the things SC4 just won't let you do with regard to the grid and detail. I'm definitely reminded a little of Waldley. It's nice that you explained the way the program works as it helps to understand the pictures. This is really interesting stuff and I look forward to following it  :)

carlfatal

Heya again!

First a big thankyou for your nice comments!

@Jmouse,
indeed the Sims always had integrated a city building program, for Sims 2 you can create neighborhoods with SimCity4´s smalles tiles. Creating a landscape with the SC4 tools, laying out roads and planting bushes and trees. Everything will be there in Sims 2.
But here, in Sims 3 the CAW is a substantial part of the game itself, as all neighborhoods here were created with this program and it is not used for anything else. More to this and also to terrainpaints  at a later point...

@catty,
Yeah, Cities In Motion... It was a nice game, better than it´s sequel, cause it was modable. But it was a short thing, never it had the chance to become something like SimCity did. And to be honest: I was addicted by Sims 3 only cause of the plants here. Never before I saw something realistic, and words can´t describe, how it looks, when the wind moves the leaves of different trees here, ElderScrolls is nothing against this level of detail. I try my best with pictures but...
And: a big thankyou for the k-point!  :)

@vortext,
I remember, you`ve  modded Daves houses, this absolute wonderful framework set. But nothing was enough for me, searching for a more "organic" structure.
Citizens first have to be created, and this step is one of the last I will have to do - if I will do it. Also the players themself can populate the town to their own likes, and I am not good in creating dollies. And yes, to create something, others can play with... For me the greatest luck would be to see someone creating a story using this map. To see it living - that my work makes "sense" ingame. I think, that is, why people like to mod...
And interieur - have a look, I will show a first view into a house today.

@noahclem,
in a way this is the same like Waldey was, I am a framework maniac, or better a historic town maniac. For now this program is my game, although it is a sandbox and needs to be finished to be playable. 

Okay, it goes forward, but first again I want to say a few words. Some may ask, what this blog will be. Some may say, that this not only is another game, it also is a modding project - not a game. People may look sceptic here into cause of this but I will answer "no" with a big smile. This is MY game, this is - in a way - the game I was looking for since years, cause I love framework, old, sleepy towns, plants and nature and - details.
The last days I learned again something, that is important for any modder in SC4 too. You have to clean up your downloads folder before planning things for an upload. So I did two days ago, reorganized everything, cause - again like in SC4 - every user has to have the same downloads in his/her game to see my creation. But here I do not speak about files of maybe 10mb. I tried to minimize the stuff, people need to download, and now I have around 250mb in my mods/downloads folder.
And after all I saw, that some of my bildings lost windows and doors, lost patterns for the facades, in short: it was horrible. But luckily I found all missed things again and so I was able to continue with building. Now the old town center is there, not finished but there. So I can start to think about how to develop the new quarter near the railway station and also the one in the north.
But today some pictures of the filled town center; and oversight first:

Here I built something, I really have no clue, how to use. After it was finished, I thought about to make a theater from it, as the front and the small place would give a perfect frame. I need to think over it, but I need to rebuild it and change the size of the lot:

The quarter behind the church also is built. The tree at the right side of the churchtower - I was and am not sure, a smaller tree may look better here, so I stopped detailing:

View from east to the old town as it looks now. The foreground later will be developed:

A shot to the northeast:

I tried to detail the first part of the riverbank. I have to find a balance between the abilities of a computer and the immense provocation to clutter around with plants and objects (like props in SC4):

Also there are a lot of objects, you can use to decorate the environment. Not only plants, also stones, fences, signs and whatever you want (like maybe, but her it doesn´t work like MMPs, it remains more to the lot editor, as you place them exactly there, where you want to have them. You also can turn them like you want to avoide stupid iteration:

Now I will show you a lot itself, the smallest one in the whole town:

EA uses lot sizes down to 15x15 squares, and here I tried to build on a 7x10 lot. A double bed for a sleeping room uses 2x3 squares, here you can see an easy and fast made bath and sleeping/living room in once (the big room is 6x6):

The ground floor:

This was all for today, more shots will come. But for now I am happy to have the old town standing. It looks - okay...

I hope to see you again!

catty

Quote from: carlfatal on June 07, 2014, 06:49:27 PM
...This was all for today, more shots will come. But for now I am happy to have the old town standing. It looks - okay...

I hope to see you again!

Oh I'm definitely back again   ()stsfd()

Love that first shot showing the approach to the town and the bridge embankment, I'm not sure myself if I would have the houses that close to the road, but that's just me   ;D

I must admit its nice to be able to look across the town instead of having to look down on them, and I really like what you have done with the riverbank.

-catty 

carlfatal

Heya!

Thanks Catty for your nice comment.  :) The streets: the most old towns had only a few streets but mostly narrow lanes.  ;) The streets on my pictures are compromizes, here I have one kind of street and the possibility to change textures of it.
In the most parts of the old town streets are built with foot paths. Sims can transport their car in their inventory to the next street, so this solution is acceptable.

But now to the new update:
Luckily I could spend a lot of time into this game in the last weeks, and so I was able to finish the most buildings in the old town and started to develope the area near the train station.

I will start with an overview:

One week later:

And now some pictures of the old town:

A closer view, that shows the most of the center:

A view to the west:

The quarter around the church:

Behind the church:

same quarter but view to the south:

A shot from the school to the town near the theater:

This is the old theatre, located at the "Theaterplatz" (after I finished the building as a villa I decided to rebuild it on a bigger lot at the same place as a theatre, on one of the overvies you can see the first building):

From the other side to show the (now) big back of the house. Here now is a stage and a two story auditorium:

A street (although it looks like a place to me):

Another street view (and I would change it into a narrow lane if would be able to):

The "Schlossplatz" to the east:

View to the baroque palace (it was built on the place of a former castle):

A little bit closer(no detail pictures, as the whole building isn´t finished yet):

This view leads form the "Schlossplatz" to the marketplace (and yes, this IS a street):

But as I did show on the overview, there is more:

The school:

An overview to the quarter near the station yesterday:

The station:

Sadly a train will never come...

But I like the building and it will be usable as residential:

A corner Building I had to rebuild three times, as the windows - downloads - like to corrupt when placed in specific combinations. Sad, cause I really like the windows and would use them more often without this problem):

The opposite side, the street to the right leads to the bridge and the old town:

The backyard with the staircase (in Sims 3 we can build staircases like this using cheats and tricks):

Again on the other side of the street. For this lot and house I needed to delete three bushes, that were set in the CAW. Sadly I wasn´t able to put them out of the layer they were integrated. So I had to delete the whole layer. Now all bushes at the river banks are gone and need to be replaced. So you can see the naked wall in background...

But I like the house and its place near the bridge, also I think, it will be a nice home with its small garden area in the backyard:

Typical upperclass houses of the late 19th century (I love the mansard roofs):

Another one:

View to a cinema, the big building to the right is used as office ingame.
Both buildings are so called "rabbitholes". In such buildings Sims will vanish as long as they are inside, a compromize EA made to simulate jobs. I only build the outside of the house here, inside I will only place a custom "rabbithole" object to activate the game functions. (The corner building was another one, that needed some rebuilding cause of the windows):

A closer look to the cinema. It was built as another theater but changed to a cinema in the 20ties. I like it´s "American" look, and here I had a chance for something different:

At the end: The cloister, a part I am working on since more than 30 hours...
This building isn´t finished yet, I decided two times to rebuild the whole section here. The first building was nice but I wanted and want a bigger church. Sadly Sims 3 knows five stories, only four, if I use a foundation, so it is not easy to build something, that is higher. I have a set of gothic arches, made by a talented artist - but no matching windows. Also theses arches are only two stories high, so I cannot use them for a big building. So after a second try with these objects I now try to build a romanic basilica, with a flat wooden ceiling, without a tower. This building shows the last picture.

The first attempt:

The second try in a raw state:

But here I can show the gothic arches I used for the first two churches:

This building I finished too before I started another one:

The currently existing church is this one. It is raw as I am still not happy with it. The windows, the location - everything will be changed here again:

This town is planned from the general to the detail, exactly the other way round Sims 3 normally works. But this way makes it possible to plan more realistic and build a town as an essemble. And yes, I show work in progress here but I hope this is acceptable, as it explains my way from an idea to a finished product. And the last pictures maybe can help to understand, what I try to do. It is so different to SC4 to build all houses by myself.
I hope you like it!

catty

Wow   :thumbsup:

I think I need to make a cup of tea the next time you do a update as its taken me about half an hour to go thru the pictures, and I still think I need to come back and have another look just to be sure I haven't missed anything.

On picture two its nice to see that sandy beach area at the lake and its a real shame about the trains as picture 20 (I think - its got the train tracks in the foreground going back to the hill and a really nice treelink) which I really like   ()stsfd()   just calls out for a train to be on that line.

Its great seeing how things are developing, I must admit with all those red roofs anything that doesn't have one really gets my attention.

Really great update  &apls

-catty

vortext

Love the construction shots of the church! It's like the Lot-Editor and Terraformer mashed into one, with the BAT wrapped around to hold it in place. The level of detail it provides is pretty neat, clear to see how one can easily sink a couple of hours into building only to start over from scratch the next day. ::)

Also, am I correct in thinking these two grey houses haven't been textured yet?

The village center looks about perfect and curious to see how the station area develops!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird

sim_link

Simply awesome! This is one of the best TS3 worlds in production I have seen. You keep the theme going all the way through, which is really a nice touch. Great work! ;D
When you say a building will be a theatre or school, will they act as the rabbitholes we're accustomed too, or will those be placed elsewhere in the world?

romualdillo

Increible!! I tried to do my own world for the sims, and that was a lot of work!!! I admire your patience to model the terrain, paint and decorate it, and then build all those buildings... I know that placing the railways can be very complicated... And building a realistic historic core too.. BRAVO!!!  &apls  My world started as a little german city too, but then it developed to a Paris-like city (I still don't know how), and that was too much for me!!! Every lampost, every tree, the railways, the streets, gardens, farms... it was too much for me... Believe me when I say: I admire you!!  &apls

carlfatal

Today I will only show two pictures. Did I ever mention, that I hate making pictures?
They are great to find mistakes but I am no good photographer and when building... well, then I am building...

@Catty,
thanks!  :)
This beach area is the only place, where I like my painting. But I learn, especially, when I rebuild and have to repaint areas then.  $%Grinno$%
The railway - I am so sad, that not only there are no working trains - there also exists no model of a common commuter train for a picture only. Till now I´ve found only a few European freight wagons and an ICE.  :thumbsdown:

@Dantes,
This shouldn´t make you speechless. It is only the next step in building my flowerish vintage town-ideal. Better details, more details, working details and I can visit my town in 3D. That´s it...  ;D

@vortext,
thanks for your comment.  :)
Indeed, that is, what makes building in Sims so interesting. Especially, as everything is full 3D here. In the meantime I did rebuild the cloister again two times but without success. But I saved copies of the former lots, so I can use them again, if I want. Nothing I lost here.

These two houses are textured. I only used some greyish-rotten "colour". The church on the last picture is not textured. This you can see, if you look to the "white" stripes, that appear at every floor. Looking to the church you also can see, that not all stories have the same height, cause I used the so called CFE cheat to change story-heights.

The station area will be part of the next update, a lot happened there.

@sim_link,
thanks a lot! I only wanted to play in a neighborhood like I know. I build, what I can see, if I leave my home (idealized though).  ;)
As I mentioned before, this world will be fully functional. I use rabbithole rugs and also I will build in all features of the addons I use. Eventually I will PLAY here too...  $%Grinno$%

@romualdillo,
Thanks a lot too! I have to admit, that I first thought about a project for two or three months - I mean it is still a small map. Now I know, that I will need much more time than expected to finish this town.  &Thk/(

And I know this problem, especially if it comes to SC4: a town likes to become big and bigger. Luckily there are the restrictions in buildmode, that prevent me from thinking of a real town (different from Sims 2, where you are able to build whatever you want). That helps a lot. And eh - patience: Sometimes I like to play GTA, that´s for the adrenaline, sometimes I need a rest, and building with the CAW can be like a meditation. Also I do a lot of investigation to get a matching "background" for my town. I like reading unimportant things... Relaxing...  ()stsfd()

Okay, now the small teaser, only two pictures of the marketplace, not finished - if it ever will be. The fenced areas will be filled with plants.

And a first night shot (the yellow line marks the border of the "marketplace" community lot:

I will be back soon!

catty

Very nice and you can almost start to see the people in the first shot   &apls

QuoteAs I mentioned before, this world will be fully functional. I use rabbithole rugs and also I will build in all features of the addons I use. Eventually I will PLAY here too...

When I doing the same type of city building in CIM1 I tend to build a bit then start up the city to see how the people use it and then go back to the building ... for instance if I find they are all walking to the same place then when I go back to building I start putting in public transport for that area

carlfatal

Heya Devoties!
A small update today but first answers:

@Catty,
thanks again for your comment.  :)
I need to open this town ingame as soon as possible, Some things need to be checked, like staircases (a special thread in Sims 3, as you only can build them in one direction on a lot. Sadly I am not able to see the orientation of a lot while placing it in the CAW, so I can´t see the direction I have to use). But atm I am only building and hoping, that i will reach a point, when it´s worth to export the town for a first time.

This update isn´t as big as I hoped, some pictures will follow soon. I had problems with the game itself, I needed more custom content, and at the end my game slowed down like nothing. I am playing Sims 3 on a SSD and it needs time for loading though, but I was surprised, when it slowed down to an unplayable point after I´ve added a few new downloads.
One reason was a mess in my download/mods folder. This I could change with a program named Sims3PE, Sims3 package editor. It is the same like the reader for SimCity4, and it works not only for Sims3, it is a modding tool for SC2013 too.
But that wasn´t it at all...
Today I found the second reason. I always play Sims 3 too, and I have to test to new addons to be able to implement the features into my town. A new folder for this was born in My Documents (like in SimCity4) and my SSD was filled up after I put in all downloads I use to play (something around 15 gb). The complete new game folder was bigger than 20gb and free space left on my harddrive (110gb) was - 3 gb... ohoh...  $%Grinno$%

Now I do not wonder about this issue anymore. Today I´ve cleaned my harddrive, and well - a few pictures were done worth to show.

First part of this update is the house, for that I killed all bushes - look to the former pictures of this area. Everything here is rebuilt and the house is finished without funishing. And I apologize fo showing more close views into buildings today...  ;)

First picture is made with the building grid to show the size of the house:

Without grid it looks much better:

One level down:

And the next:

And the basement:

View from the bridge:

From the other side of the "river":

A closer view to the garden. The footpath/sidewalf you can see here is marking the border between four lots:

Sadly I can´t place Lots border to border, So i use the place between two lots to simulate a border with the only object I can use for this in Sims 3 - a hedge. The hedge between the lots has an earthy ground texture, on the lots I have to continue this look, but I still had no time. So an unfinished view here (but so you can imagine the borders of the lots:

And then...
Well, I am planning, constructing, building... I need some place to do my work. In SimCity I would be the mayor. OK... Why not i Sims 3 too? I occupied the historical town hall. I AM the myor here.

Pictures of the finished town hall (finished - whatever this means - can anything be finished?) Now it goes up from the former cellar.

Basement with cantina:

Ground floor with a function room:

First floor, mayor office and waiting area at the end of the grand stairs, some other offices too:

Second floor, more offices:

Third floor, not used but maybe I can sleep here as long as no other house is finished...  :D

My office  ;D:

View from northwest - nice, isn´t it?:

The marketplace, current state - the building with the corner towers has vanished. I changed the complete quarter to fit more into the surrounding buildings:

View to the main entrance:

Overview:

That´s it for today. I have to admit, as Sims 3 includes building eversthing, the outside and the inside I need and want to show both. But the main focus will stay in town building. And like always - nothing here is really finished...  $%Grinno$%

Hope you like it.  :)

catty

The site notifications are playing up, so people may have missed your updates, which is a really shame, that "View from the Bridge" is great and love the way the plants are starting to grow up and around the lamppost on the end, all the flowers look amazing especially the sunflowers, am still getting used to the idea of seeing the inside of people's houses, but do like what you have done with the town hall.

The way the sidewalks and the road blend into each other don't look right to me but otherwise its yet another excellent update and I really enjoyed looking at the pictures.

thanks   &apls

-catty

Jmouse

I lost notifications for a while, too, but I had a mailbox full of them this morning. You mentioned in an update June 7 that Sim City is, after all, a game - it's your game, your own creation and you can do anything with it you want to. I really like the novelty of your MD – it's interesting, different and of all things, I especially like some of your landscaping. ;)

vortext

time flies like a bird