• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Crazy's Collection of MD's *Last Update Feb 24,2010 Full Update!!!

Started by CrazyChickenSC, September 27, 2009, 06:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calibanX

Very nice terraforming. Your transportation network is going to be great. I'm looking forward to seeing this multilevel area grow.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

Battlecat

Nice tweak, I like the work you did with the diagonal parking lot fillers by the railway in the first shot. 

Earth quake

Really nice update. &apls
The diagonal parking is really great and splendid terraforming

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

NASCAR_Guy

Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

CrazyChickenSC

Hello everyone thank you for the wonderful comments, unfortunately i've encountered a small problem..

It seems that houses will no longer develop in this city tile like i've reached some sort of cap and i still have suburban sprawl to fill out any ideas of how to overcome this issue, nothing I do seems to get houses to grow now and I do have super demand also.

wouanagaine

Add some parks, and put some of the rewards you should have. It might add to your Res cap

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Battlecat

Sounds like a demand cap issue to me. 

The way the game works, there are two factors that control growth: Demand and Caps.  Basically, the cap is an upper limit to the total population a tile can have.  It applies to all three zone types.  It can be expanded by placing items that give cap relief such as parks in the case of residential.  There are also a number of rewards that give relief to residential.  Neighbour connections may also provide some relief. 

Plazas, airports, seaports provide similar relief to commercial and industrial respectively.  Good luck, hope this helps!

Fabian93

You might want to have a look at a topic I once posted... I had/or better have the same problem. It's annoying... I experienced it myself. YOu are about to build a wonderful city and then nothing moves in anymore... &mmm
Click

Nonetheless... you've got a great MD going here so far and I hope that you can fix your problem :thumbsup:,

Fabian

Connor

Really nice updates. I love your city building style. Looking forward to more.

Rayden

Very AK stylish, that's for sure, aren't you AleK disguised as a chicken? $%Grinno$%
Very well done, I like it! :thumbsup:

Quote from: CrazyChickenSC on December 06, 2009, 07:29:10 PM
Hello everyone thank you for the wonderful comments, unfortunately i've encountered a small problem..

It seems that houses will no longer develop in this city tile like i've reached some sort of cap and i still have suburban sprawl to fill out any ideas of how to overcome this issue, nothing I do seems to get houses to grow now and I do have super demand also.

There is a tool on the LEX, Census Repository by RippleJet that might help you find out if you have reach that cap and what to do to overcome that. ;)

TheTeaCat

How have I missed this so far???

Impressive to say the least  &apls &apls
Definitely one to watch ;)

I really like the mosaic in your introductory post.
There really is a nice flow to the whole thing.

Can't offer any more advice other than that given regarding your residential problem.

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

CrazyChickenSC

Hey guys!! Sorry its been so long some new pics for you!!

Battlecat

Great to see you back again!  This is an excellent looking update!  I particularly like your rivers, they have a lot of very nice looking texture!

mightygoose

this is fantastic work chickens, my only suggestion would be to try and slip in a few more wide radius curves, other than that your devotion to the aleking school of citybuilding is unrivalled. great to see you back, and i hope WOW is taking over too much.....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bat

This is looking really fantastic! Nice work on the river!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

djvandrake

Very nice work!  Those rivers look great, and the hilltop covered with trees in the second to last pic is my favorite.  Very nice!  &apls

scott1964

Awesome greenery.  :D How did you get your street from high up to lower.  ()what()