• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Jayster's Attempt at BATing

Started by Jayster, September 15, 2011, 07:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayster

Hi guys,

A few of you may know me in the SC4Devotion community. If you don't that's totally fine.

Anyways, let's get started.

I'm interested in creating more modern single family homes for SC4. I'm using a program called Chief Architect Premier X3 to create the houses, this program also lets me export the building as a 3D Model.

Here is a picture of the current house I'm working on. (Please note, it is not complete.)

Here is a picture of it in SC4 BAT:

Now I have a few questions...

When I import the AutoCAD (.DXF) into SC4 BAT, it has no textures and the windows aren't windows and you can kind of see the framing. Any solutions? Also, what do I do when I'm done? Do I even need SC4 BAT, or should I use a different version of GMAX?

I'm also open to any suggestion/comments/constructive criticism you may have.

Jayster 

Jayster

I posted here in the hope that I would get some feedback on what I want to do. I've already checked out the tutorials in the 'Tutorials' part of the site but that hasn't really shed any light on what I want to do.

I hope somebody would at least point me in the right direction.

Jayster

Aaron Graham

Quote from: Jayster on September 15, 2011, 07:57:16 PM
When I import the AutoCAD (.DXF) into SC4 BAT, it has no textures and the windows aren't windows and you can kind of see the framing. Any solutions?

Have you tried to re apply the textures in SC4BAT, It may be better to add textures to you model in SC4Bat.

QuoteAlso, what do I do when I'm done? Do I even need SC4 BAT, or should I use a different version of GMAX?

To export the model in Sim City 4 you will need BAT for this to be possible.
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy