• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Legend of Wouanagaine

Started by Alek King of SC4, January 22, 2007, 06:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

It was once believed that wouanagine was defeated by a tool request, but that is a lie, created by wouanagine himself to lure more requests to him.

wouanagine does not write software, his PC fears him so much that it anticipates what he wants to do.

∞+1=wouanagine

the only thing bigger than the internet is wouanagine's plug-in folder

wouanagine once got a syntax error, it is now named windows

wouanagine doesn't use word processors, he mearly creates a file and it is there already

In soviet Russia tools are created for wouanagine

i wish i had been around before the dreaded RLS crashed in.
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

RippleJet

Some times real life events are as good as all imaginary ones...
Everone needs to know the hard work behind each of Wouanagaine's tools...

So, let me quote a real conversation between Colyn and Wouanagaine when the Cleanitol was made in December last year:

Quote from: Colyn on 11 December 2006, 17:11:08
I have a request for the Coders ...

Think about making something for us that will work like this ...

1. Aim and outline:

A simple freestanding Tool that can be distributed to the masses. This Tool gets it's information from a TEXT file.

In the TEXT file filenames are listed one below the other in a simple list. The Tool reads the information from the list and search the Plugins Folder for an instance of that filename. Then it collects the file, REMOVE from Plugins and write it to a Folder ABOVE the Plugins ... \BSC Backup. Every Backup Session creates a folder that is named 20061211_nn  (yyyymmdd_01)

NB ... If duplicates is encountered the Duplicates should be renamed by APPENDING "_nn" to the file name BEFORE the DOT and "nn" is incremented for each instance found. This will prevent the problem of DUPLICATES in the DESTINATION Folder. I am sure the Coders may have a better way to handle this.

2. UI ...

Simple UI that asks for the SOURCE File with a BROWSE Button. It then starts processing the SOURCE file and move the files that is encountered in the process.

Must include a form of progress indicator.

3. Output and Results.

When a TEXT File has been processed the TOOL Writes a result log with the same name as the SOURCE file but with "_Result" appended to the name. In this OUTPUT File Every Filename is Apended with ...

" => Found in /dirname"
or
" => Not Found"

In the end a EOF - Note can be inserted  that includes the number of files processed and the DESTINATION Folder Name.

This Tool will make life a lot easier for users to maintain their PLUGINS and for CREATORS it is a simple matter of providing the appropriate BSC Backup SOURCE File in his package if he needs to update old things.

I am almost sure that the VALUE of such a Tool is quite clear. The current MEGA TEXTURE Update is a good example of that ... a user will haveto search fo a large number of files if he wants to make sure he cleans out DUPLICATES.

The SOURCE File should be able to manage a WILD CARD ... many of us do have versions of the same lot or collections of lots ... so it would be handy to be able to given ...

CSX Trees Jacaranda*.*

... an all instances of that is removed ... Descs, Lots and Models.

And Wouanagaine's reply, quoted in its entirity:

Quote from: Wouanagaine on 11 December 2006, 19:16:26
I will do it this evening

?=mad)=

Pat

So it be that he did and then the children asked for anther tool to play with... So the almighty Wouanagaine said it will be the X to mark all tools to one my children and so he did make....

So Wouanagaine had thought before feeding his children this new toy, so instead of sending out the door like he usually does, he sent it to a few of his disciple's to test it and beat the crap out of it....

So as ordered the disciple's are doing what they where instructed to do soo many years ago... Wouanagaine had asked his disciple's how the progress was going and they said "our master our savior be it know we are doing your work as best as we can but we need more to the X to be great please do so"....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

capo

I can devide my SimCity life into two parts:

part 1: The time I played Simcity and could never finish a city or region because my computer crashed with each zoom change. I grew very tired of the game and never wanted to play again.

part 2: I decided to play SimCity again after I saw a documentary at the Discovery Channel, with luck the BSC team moved to SC4D so I had to register here to find some texture packs. Because I had to register here, I found great new BATS, mods and.....Wouanagaine his incredible, awesome-o, amazing software. Now I play Simcity with the datpacker and cleanitol and I only suffer a crash when Im clumbsy with a NAM piece. My cities and regions are huge

You know Jerry (I feel like Im in a talkshow sorry ;)), Wouanagaine has really changed my life. My only mission in life is knowing that there are people out there who still do not use the datpacker and cleanitol, I have to reach these people some way. Some people may call me a missionary, I do not agree.. I just want to spread the word...I mean, you know...there are children out there suffering game crashes! We have to do something!

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

Pat

LoL Capo that is a good one  &apls &apls bravo!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JBSimio

Quote from: star.torturer on September 30, 2007, 07:10:10 AM
wouanagine once got a syntax error, it is now named windows

This might just be my new all time favorite!   &apls  :D

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Shadow Assassin

QuoteMy only mission in life is knowing that there are people out there who still do not use the datpacker and cleanitol, I have to reach these people some way.

Well, I'm one of those people. :P

I wonder if some people are actually considering starting up a religion... :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

sebes

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Pat

Church of Wou meets here on Monday Nite before the game to discuss how wou has changed our lives... then we will resumes afterwards, where we close out in a tribute to Wou song....

Zane

Wouanagaine overthrew Zeus and the rest of the olympians with one snap of his fingers.

That's why I'm here today. Revenge makes powerful people do awful things. %wrd

dedgren

Wouanagaine doesn't wear a watch- he just decides what time it is.

Wouanagaine doesn't have to read books- he just gives them that look and they respond with all the information he wants.

...and my current personal favorite...

Wouanagaine is the only person who's ever counted to infinity... and he's done it twice.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

xxdita

Wouanagaine doesn't write ReadMe's. Even he's too amazed by his programming skills.

Yoman

Quote from: dedgren on January 21, 2008, 10:54:47 AM
Wouanagaine doesn't wear a watch- he just decides what time it is.

Wouanagaine doesn't have to read books- he just gives them that look and they respond with all the information he wants.

...and my current personal favorite...

Wouanagaine is the only person who's ever counted to infinity... and he's done it twice.

David

Hmm I seem to remember those with Chuck Norris :P

And now for another, Wouanagaine doesn't have to pay taxes, he just sends the forms in with a picture attached of himself in a crouched and ready to attack position.

Wouanagaine doesn't get wet, water gets Wouanagaine.

dedgren

There are many pretenders...

...but there can be only one- WOUANAGAINE!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

JoeST

Wouanagaine programs using butterflies linky

Wou coded a program that executed an infinite loop in under 3 seconds.

Wou counted to infinity twice
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Zane

Wouanagaine is number one...

....and all other numbers as well.