• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genemc777

mabye it is a brain thing or something.  &idea when we stop complaining about it and focus on other things, then he might release it

gn_leugim

skyliner

Nice to see its on its way. Does the El-RHW have on and off ramps?

Tarkus

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on January 03, 2009, 09:19:27 AM
Release it.

I can't just yet.  It'll soon be fairly apparent why. ;)  I think this sums up why we don't have release dates. ;)

Trust me, I want it out as much as you guys (I start uni up again on the 5th as well).  I didn't want this development process to take over a year, and I am deeply sorry about that, but stuff happened.

And skyliner, yes.  There is a version of Ramp Style A for the Elevated RHW-4.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Kitsune

Will there be any integration with the FLUP in the FLUPs first release? Specifically pieces that'll allow the RHW and MIS to go "over" other networks? Also, any plans to add round about capability to the RHW-4?
~ NAM Team Member

LE0

Do the RHW 6S Diagonal Pieces have exits and overpasses or is it just 2 pieces for it, diagonal piece and orthogonal to diagonal transition?

And any chance in a future release there will be fractional rural highways?

Sorry for all my stupid questions, but rhw v3 is just so amazing :thumbsup:

Leoland coming Spring 2009

Tarkus

Kitsune, considering that the first FLUPs release is probably going to coincide with RHW Version 3.0, the answer is no.  However, I am planning to add support for FLUPs/RHW interfacing (and eventually, RHW FLUPs). 

LE0, those aren't stupid questions at all. :)  The RHW-6S Diagonals are indeed just limited to the diagonal and orth-diag transition pieces.  Technically, there's actually 3 pieces, since there's two orth-diag transitions.

As far as Fractional Angle RHW, there's a good possibility of that in a future release, along with more Wide Radius Curve pieces, particularly in light of some of smoncrie's recent developments.

-Alex (Tarkus)

mojosmarty08

To Tarkus's last picture, I say:  &apls

One quick question:

Is the release being timed by the whole NAM Team, or just Tarkus?

Considering he said that the FLUP would probably coincide w/ RHW, it makes me wonder if there's just going to be a whole new NAM.  ::)

deathtopumpkins

Wait, I didn't think that the FLUPs were all that close to release...? Does this mean that the RHW release has been pushed back significantly? If so, whatever for?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Glazert

Great news that there are plans (after RHW 3.0) to have FLUPs/RHW interfacing and eventually RHW FLUPs. And that there is a possibility of Fractional Angle RHW in future.

In the meantime RHW 3.0 will give us plenty to explore, especially if there are, as I am beginning to suspect, simultaneous releases of RHW 3.0 and the latest version of NAM.

Patricius Maximus

I apologize. It's just that sometimes you "lose your cool" when you wait so long, especially after it's been said that a release is "imminent".

Timing coinciding with the first FLUPs release? Fascinating.

From Dictionary.com:

Quoteim⋅mi⋅nent (adjective)
1. likely to occur at any moment; impending: Her death is imminent. 
2. projecting or leaning forward; overhanging.

Of course, dictionary definitions do not apply when we try to crack the Tarkus Code  ::). Just release it when it is ready, as the top post says.

Monorail Master

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on January 03, 2009, 05:57:36 PM
I apologize. It's just that sometimes you "lose your cool" when you wait so long, especially after it's been said that a release is "imminent".

Timing coinciding with the first FLUPs release? Fascinating.

From Dictionary.com:

Of course, dictionary definitions do not apply when we try to crack the Tarkus Code  ::). Just release it when it is ready, as the top post says.

Ok. Like the old saying goes, "Patience is a virtue." Just be quiet and stop checking this every hour. Try every 2-5 days. Find some other fun stuff to do as the time goes by for the upcoming week. Like ski, I got a xbox 360 last week and I'm playing it. So, BE PATIENT!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Tarkus

Apology accepted. ;)

2. projecting or leaning forward; overhanging.

Well, that it is.  Progressing forward.  It may just fall on everyone here soon. :D

-Alex (Tarkus)

CasperVg

And when it falls, everyone will say:

"Oww, that hurt! But it's kind of fun too!"

Working on a(nother) teaser!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Patricius Maximus

QuoteOk. Like the old saying goes, "Patience is a virtue." Just be quiet and stop checking this every hour. Try every 2-5 days. Find some other fun stuff to do as the time goes by for the upcoming week. Like ski, I got a xbox 360 last week and I'm playing it. So, BE PATIENT!

For the record, I check this thread twice a day -- in the morning and evening.

Quote2. projecting or leaning forward; overhanging.

Well, that it is.  Progressing forward.  It may just fall on everyone here soon.

I hope so  :D.

MandelSoft

Well, one thing is for sure; when the RHW 3.0 comes out, it's almost bugfree. There might be a very small bugs, but the serious bugs are terminated. I've testing some test versions and you still find some bugs (like a missing texture). So guys, while you're waiting, the RHW gets better and better.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

sim_link

Quote from: Tarkus on January 03, 2009, 07:32:51 PM
Well, that it is.  Progressing forward.  It may just fall on everyone here soon. :D

Hmmm... having a highway land on you may hurt a little! :D

Great job Tarkus, RHW 3.0 looks awesome! (but just don't drop it from too high and we'll be fine.;):P)

gn_leugim

Quote from: mrtnrln on January 04, 2009, 04:53:51 AM
Well, one thing is for sure; when the RHW 3.0 comes out, it's almost bugfree. There might be a very small bugs, but the serious bugs are terminated. I've testing some test versions and you still find some bugs (like a missing texture). So guys, while you're waiting, the RHW gets better and better.

Best,
Maarten

that's why this is worth waiting :p

smoncrie

Hi Everyone,

I have not been able to create a RHW-4 bridge where both directions are right next to each other, so I decided to create a ground highway bridge that looks like a RHW-4 bridge.

There are some problems that I probably will not be able to fix:

There is a prop at the end of the bridge that conceals the RHW-4 <=> Ground Highway transition. This means that, at each end of the bridge, you must make the first ground tile flat.  It also means that parts of some cars may disappear as they go through.

The paths at each end are a little odd since there is the transition 2 lanes -> 3 lanes and then 3 lanes -> 2 lanes!  The red truck in the picture is angled a bit because of this. The cars bend noticeably toward the center and can go through the inner guardrail of the bridge.

The picture shows my first rough attempt.

Is it worth doing more work on this bridge?

Note: there are no plans to add this to the next release.

Haljackey

Quote from: gn_leugim on January 04, 2009, 08:54:09 AM
that's why this is worth waiting :p

Yeah don't worry... We're testing the crap outa this thing before a public release.  As you can tell RHW 3.0 is big, and there's a lot of components that need to be pathed, textured, and tested to the limits.  Because there's so much stuff in this release, there have been conflicts between some components, and they need to be corrected.

Some alpha builds have had problems the other alpha builds haven't had mainly because the corrections made on one component may conflict with another.  Also, some components have not been properly carried over in the past.  The NAM controller file has been another issue.

But don't worry.  Currently RHW 3.0 is as close to a public release as its ever been, and the readme file is nearing completion as well.  Trust me, its imminent, no matter how you define that word.   ;)

Best,
-Haljackey

EDIT:  smoncrie, that bridge looks great!  If we were to use that, would that get rid of the standard bridge for ground highways?   ()what()