• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Obviously, since we've been through a long grind, and you guys have been patiently waiting for a release, we'd like to release sooner rather than later.  But we're not currently in condition to release, and it's very hard to tell when we will be.  Build 04's finally to the Associates, but Project 57 is of a scale we've never done before, and RL's hit a few of us harder than usual in the past year. 

-Alex

Durfsurn

Ahh, anyway sounds like progress is being made so what else can we ask for eh?

shanghai kid

Look forward to more teaser pics(even mix of previous things combined in crossings and stuff), while waiting to log on and see "New RHW released" on the Lex and info her on the forum pages.

@Tarkus (Alex)
Happy Birthday from Norway, have a wonderful day on your birthday &dance :thumbsup: &apls ;D - Geir
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

mike3775

Happy Birthday Tarkus, and take your time on the progress.  I'm anxious for this new stuff, but I can wait, as I would rather have something that is relatively bug free than have something that was rushed out full of errors and issues where you end up spending more time loathing the stuff and not using it at all(like the CTD issue with TE'd lots on the original GLR stations)

bakerton

It has been awhile since I logged on, but I must say with everything I have seen just makes me thing of the things I can do (once it is released). By the way Alex (Tarkus) HAPPY BIRTHDAY from Wisconsin. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

als98

NAM/RHW Team, here's one for you.

In one of my interchanges, I was trying to make a (small 3x3) MIS curve using this trick:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/newcityjan1200135034024.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/newcityjan1600135034026.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16/newcityjan2100135034027.png/

It usually works just fine, but in this interchange it does this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/stanleydec1103135034034.png/

And, odder yet, I made the exact same style (model) interchange (it happens do be a diverging parclo) in another city and got this result:
(Image is from same spot in design- nothing is different except its in a different city.)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/wellingtondec1804135034.png/

Does anyone have any ideas?

als98

Oops...  &ops

Apparently I need help figuring out how to embed images too...

Haljackey

Easy. In your reply window hit the and enter the URL inside it.
-SC4D recommends a 1024 width limit for pics but it is not strictly enforced. PNG images are generally not accepted however (but you can link to them).

And yes sometimes fiddling with the MIS ramp and other RHW pieces can establish an override like you've shown. Just keep clicking on glitched sections and they will turn out right.

Oh, and Happy Birthday to Tarkus!

jdenm8

Just keep clicking and the problem should fix itself. Hopefully, this issue will largely be fixed in P5E.

EDIT: Happy birthday Alex!

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

First off, thanks to all the RHW fans for the birthday wishes. :thumbsup:

Regarding the small MIS 90-curve, I have redone the code on it for P57.  It's a multi-point override, which requires a little more stability than what was included in RHW 5.0, but the "click-around" technique is very reliable with it in its present state.

-Alex

Ryan B.

I may be late to the party, but just wanted to leave my happy birthday wishes to our resident transit armadillo!

Hope it was an awesome day, Alex!

DAB_City

Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

Shortsonfire79

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this, but I haven't really been able to find any other QA threads on NAM/RHW.  Is there a way to stretch one way overpasses over >6srhw?

mike3775

Puzzle pieces (I think thats the term)

go to the road menu and scroll to the bottom and you will see the over RHW puzzle piece.  You have to plop them one at a time

Durfsurn

You have RHW 8S there so you have to use that piece instead of the 6S that you said.

Shortsonfire79

Oh I see, so I can't just place the floating, non-supported one over an already occupied cell.  I'll have a look in the morning then, thank you kindly. :)

Architect_1077

Out of curiosity...
It is my understanding that with the next version of the RHW there will be 3 levels of elevated RHW: 7.5m, 15m and 22.5m. If this is so, will it be possible to build elevated RHW at those different levels and have multiple levels overlap on the same tile(s)? That would definitely allow for even more realistic constructions.  ;D

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Architect_1077 on October 17, 2012, 03:11:41 AM
Out of curiosity...
It is my understanding that with the next version of the RHW there will be 3 levels of elevated RHW: 7.5m, 15m and 22.5m. If this is so, will it be possible to build elevated RHW at those different levels and have multiple levels overlap on the same tile(s)? That would definitely allow for even more realistic constructions.  ;D

1. It's actually five levels: 0m, 7.5m, 15m, 22.5m, and 30m. All networks (MIS, 2, 3, 4, 6S, 8S, 10S, 12S, 6C, 8C, 10C) will be receiving L0-L2, and only MIS, 4, and 6S will be receiving L3 and L4, giving a grand total of 39 networks. 40 if you add in DDRHW-4.

2. It's theoretically possible, but there are problems of having multi-level overlaps like that:

- The number of overlap crossings would be monstrous. Instead of dealing with OxO, OxD, DxO, and DxD, you need to add OxOxD, OxDxD, DxOxD, OxDxO, DxOxO, and DxDxO for L0-1-2, L0-1-3, L0-1-4, L0-2-3, L0-2-4, L0-3-4, L1-2-3, L1-2-4, L1-3-4, and L2-3-4 for MIS-MIS-MIS, RHW-2-2-2, RHW-4-4-4, and so on. (Give me a while to work up the exact number.)
- Depending on the pathing, there may be cases where the end result is deck-jumping, which is the main issue with same-direction same-network-type double-decker networks.
- It can't be draggable, so it must be in a puzzle piece form. This, coupled with the number of crossings, could make this idea unworkable and impractical to implement for every network.

There were pieces like this back in version 5 development, but they haven't resurfaced as of yet for P57, and if there is, they need to be limited.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Architect_1077

QuoteIt can't be draggable, so it must be in a puzzle piece form.

Hmmm... Well, it does seem logical that it is much easier to have only two different levels on the same tile, i.e.: L2 mis over L0 rhw4 (typical situation). This is done with the draggable method so, in my ignorance, I imagined that maybe multilevel networks would be possible in the same manner.
However, I sure as hell can't even begin to imagine the complexity of having multiple levels on the same tile(s).

If it were merely a matter of modelling the different pieces, I could pitch in to help (I work with 3ds max), but I guess the issues are probably far beyond just modelling the pieces...  &Thk/(

Edit: In any case, it wouldn't necessarily have to be done for every network. The most useful goal in this would be to have multiple MIS crossings over the main HW, like IRL. This alone would be a monstrous task no doubt...

chosenreject

Quote from: Architect_1077 on October 17, 2012, 05:15:53 AM

Edit: In any case, it wouldn't necessarily have to be done for every network. The most useful goal in this would be to have multiple MIS crossings over the main HW, like IRL. This alone would be a monstrous task no doubt...

Just my opinion i have no experience at all in modding this game. But perhaps the C network median tile would be good for such a puzzle piece of a 2 mis crossover. i think since the center tile in the 6c,8c and future 10cs are all the same maybe this would be an easy way to introduce this idea. I am sure i am overlooking a reason why this is not possible. so i will just put this out there for the experts to chime in.  :)