• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freedo50

O
M
G
!

These look fantastic David! Cant wait to see them in-game.

Fred

bat

Looks beautiful, david! Also looking forward to see them in-game! :thumbsup: &apls

jayo

Nice  ;D Hope to see more  :thumbsup:
I'm back

Pat

()testing() you are totaly nocking me out over here david wow i cant wait to see a plane on that beauty - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Wow! I like almost anything diagonal in game, but your runways would be the cat's meow. Hurry up and get them finished (please!) :D!
Joan

emilin

No post in two days? Everything alright?

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

freedo50

David is around guys, he probably just has other things on at the moment. I know he's had a lot on his plate recently. Lets just sit tight and wait for the beast to be unleashed.  (not David, the runways :D)

Fred

dedgren

Hey, thanks Fred!

Yeah, I'm OK.  A few unexpected things have come up, and I've spent most of my SC4D time pushing the background part of several projects along.

Like figuring out spacing on the frickin' lines on diagonal runways...

That's a huge image, btw.  5120x5120 pixels at 72 ppi.  Each one of the green squares is 512x512, which I will reduce to 128x128 texture squares.  I half expect the thing to poke through the side of my monitor when I move it around.

Hang in there!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

bat

great progress! Looking forward to more of it! :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Love the texture on the concrete (or asphalt?). It looks a bit like skid marks which are a hallmark of runways.
Jm

thundercrack83

5120x5120? Wow, I don't think my computer would even be able to handle something that big! Anyway, I am eagerly anticipating how this all comes together!

Pat

Sweeeeeet lord david that is something else hmmm if only you left it to scale lol
you can land anything on that runway to bad you would have the airport in anther
tile all together lol... great work man keep it up. 

@ dustin i think it would probley be concreat as it is more stable to handle larger crafts
but if david is making it for a small rural airport then i think its ashpalt?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

stewart_garden

Very impressive runways David ... I look forward to seeing more of them in due course.

At the risk of sounding like a rather sad engineer (what, me? never!), I think both asphalt and concrete are appropriate materials for runway surfaces - I'm fairly certain that Heathrow has asphalt runways (link) and it is one of the world's busiest airports. I think David's texture looks closer to asphalt, but that is just personal opinion.  In any case, the teasers look fantastic.  Great work.

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

dedgren

Actually, I never thought about the "concrete versus asphalt" issue.  I just extended the use of voltaire's RMIP textures so that the new runways are integrated with the huge amount of work he's already done.

Several large airports in Alaska have resurfaced 100'/32m+ wide runways in asphalt.  I think most major US airports, though, use concrete- keeps the concrete contractors happy, I guess.

Another teaser from the runway lab-

I'll be done with these today.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

rooker1

Diagonal runway strips.........what will you think of next?

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

I think most major US airports, though, use concrete- keeps the concrete contractors happy, I guess.

You don't want to aggravate the concrete contractors! Anyway...

The diagonals look great, David. I'm curious to see them put into action with the rest of the RMIP sets. Great work, my friend!

dedgren

Here's another...

What I would like to do is flip the completed raw textures to someone who would assign IDs to them and then LOT them (the textures will be organized by lot, so that part should be really pretty easy).  I'd love for that to be Voltaire, but he/she seems to be MIA.  If there are any volunteers, please contact me ASAP.  You can take all the credit (please give credit to Voltaire for developing these great textures in the first place, though), post them on the LEX* under your nic, etc.  I have so many other things to do, and this project will drag on for weeks unless I can get someone to step up to the plate.

Thanks in advance.

David

*  If you are not currently approved to upload to the LEX, I think I could probably help sort that out for this project.  Voltaire's RMIP packs would need to be noted as a dependency.  -DE
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Pat

David i love it soo very much you are soo prefecting an allready great thing to us thank you

bat

That is looking wonderful! :thumbsup: Excellent work!

dedgren

Slower going than I thought...

Today?

UPDATE:  Getting it done.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...