• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kingdom of Nova Terra, Update 5.5: Hotel Regina

Started by alan_vzla, September 20, 2008, 11:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan_vzla

A BEAUTIFUL PLACE CALLED EARTH
A MD by alan_vzla

Hi everyone, I'm Alan and I'm kind of new to the SC4D community. This is my first MD ever so I'm very excited to see how it develops and the reaction of the people to this project.

This MD is aimed to recreate places all over the Earth, trying to transmit the essence of that specific place with the culture, architecture; to resume, a recreation not intended to be perfect but aimed to maintain a certain level of realism.

I've been inspired by many MD's and CJ's so excuse me if you find this work similar to yours; I didn't make it with a bad intention, I did it because this was originaly intended to be a Honorific MD, where I was going to try to honor MD's that, in my opinion, deserved it.

This kind of project has been aborded previously by Iamgoingtoeatyou here and in simtropolis; and also by Hableurg in the mentioned site. I give you my most sinceer apologies if you think that I'm stealing your work or just making a copy; once again I'm not making this with bad intentions &ops.

I hope that with this MD, I can show the people out there what a beautiful world we have and how lucky we are to live in it. I don't have idea of when I'll finish this project, since I come up with new ideas every day.

I consider this work as a public MD, if you want to participate in it just talk to me and we will work something out, the doors are open for you :thumbsup:. In order to do certain themes I will need new props and buildings and I might need in the future an official props supplier.

Finally (sorry for boring you with all that talking) I will like to dedicate this MD to my family for all the support they gave to me.

ENJOY

A beautiful place called Earth

Kingdom of Nova Terra

Pat

Allan I cant wait to see where you go with " A beautiful place called Earth"... I know it will be good and orginal as since there are many takes on what an area can be, so don't worry at all if something looks familiar...  Also a big welcome to MD'ing and also to Devotions... pleased to meet you ~~~ Patrick~~~

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Simpson

Welcome to SC4D, great start in your MD
I'm looking forward to the next update
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

alan_vzla

UPDATE #1
MEDITERRANEAN STYLE

Ok here we go! Caleux is an island and has a population of around 5000 people. This town is intended to recreate a mediterranean theme, where the buildings usually have a beige coloration, with thick walls and orange rooftops. The city is mainly Italian but has french, spanish and even german minorities

Overview of the south district

Main Marina

Road uphill

West district at night

The road uphill and the Rotonda Silvestri at dawn

West distrisct a little closer

Near the harbor

The Lions Club and some waterfront houses

The Centro Giovanile, a sport centre built by the local government to provide recreation to the children and teens. It also has a small cinema and many extra activities

The upper ring, a road planned to allow the people to go anywhere in the town in less than 10 minutes. The project was aborted and only one exit was built. The locals now call it the "round road"

The only farm in Caleux, the production is not intended to local consume, instead, it is the third source of incomes of the island.

Night Life

The Santa Maria Novella church and the town market

Church at night

The major police station, it was built by an English architect. Next to it is a small plaza, used in the 1800's for executions. All the equipment was retired and the monument was built to conmemorate the unfair executions commited here.

Buildings in a cloudy night

Rotonda Silvestri, the sorroundings and the school on a full moon night

An overlooking fort built in the XVI century to protect the island from pirate attacks.

Fishers port. This marina is only used by the local fishers, it's small but a lot of money is moved here.

Casa Fernandez. This palace was built by the first ruler of the Island, Horacio Fernandez, and has been the house of all the governors of the island until 1928. Now it is the Caleux Museum with many objects found on the island and in the water near it. Also, the governor's office is located here.

Casa Fernandez at day

The ferry port, the only way to get to the island if you don't own a boat. There are two ferries covering the one hour trip to mainland. there are 8 trips a day

The harbor. All the imports of the island enter trough here. The only unloading device is a crane on a barge, but it works just fine because of the little needs the island has.

A closer look to the harbor, you can also see the three wind turbines that feed the town.

Two cargo boats at the harbor

Another overview of south district

The landmark of the island, this cross was built to conmemorate the 50 years of the apparition of the Virgin, the official name is the Santa Maria Novella cross. This majestic monument was opened with a mass officiated by the Pope.

The cross and the lake  on top of the mountain. the source of the lake is a subterranean water deposit, the site was declared a National Place of Interest in 1974.

Another exit of the mentioned water deposit. A small parking was built to promote the tourism.

a police station that complements the one on the south district

Rotonda Silvestri

the pond in front of Casa Fernandez

A cloudy afternoon

The central plaza, built to conmemorate the 100 years of the foundation of Caleux.

This was all for today. I hope you enjoy it. Something i forgot to say in the introduction: if you have any suggestion, critic, or any comment of how to make my building technique please write it, I'm always looking new ways to improve as a player.

Oh, sorry for my English, it's not my natal language

Simpson

Great new update  ;) your city is looking very good, I love Mickebear's bat  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Pat

Alan very great first update here and your english is very good, in fact better then some natural english speaking folks ...  Alot of wonderful pics here and I am looking forward to the next update and where you take us...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

metarvo

Very good, Alan.  You have managed to give this region a comforting and cozy feel.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Heblem

Great idea recreating the world in different themes!! excellent work!  :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

A terrific way to start your MD. Congratulations! I look forward to more.  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

The_Hutt

Wow, stunning. I'm really delighted by the quality and character of the images you've shown - they've got a feel to them that can only be described as being intangible. It's a great first update and I'm looking forwards to more.

My only recommendation would be to use a terrain mod - other than that you're good to go.

art128

Amazing !!
the first pictures of your MD are truly amazing  &apls &apls
for sure, I'm looking foward on this MD  ;)
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

Very beautiful but you would choice another terrain texture ;)
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

MandelSoft

A good looking MD, but I notice a few things.

- Very (unrealistic) steep roads. Use a slope mod to prevent this.
- Some messed up road textures. Update the plugins and make shure that the euro road textures are loaded after the NAM.
- A terrain mod would be nice

The rest, on the other hand is amazingly good. Keep it up please!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Fatsuhono

kimcar

&apls &apls Excellent start Alan . Pics are a bit bright sometimes , but your work is just great , your attention of details is super . Looking forward  :thumbsup:

Earth quake

Splendid update, It's really fantastic, the 1st pic is faboulus
Go on you excellent work.

bat

Fantastic start there of your first MD! And welcome to sc4devotion as well to the MD-section!

The pictures in that first update are also looking beautiful! Great work on your city! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more...

alan_vzla

Ok people, thanks for all the nice comments, the replies will come with the next update. I guess you will have to wait a little longer to see more pics, for now it's only Teaser Time

Let's see if you guess the next theme, here are some clues
It's in Italy
Florence is located here

Till next time
Alan

Simpson

Wow fine teaser  &apls
The fields are looking superb, great work my friend  :)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

MandelSoft

Nice rural enviorment! Great variaty of fields and good placement of small forrests. Can't wait for the update!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE