• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kingdom of Nova Terra, Update 5.5: Hotel Regina

Started by alan_vzla, September 20, 2008, 11:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

Ok, lets critisise the pics.

Buildings -  :thumbsup:
Canals -  :thumbsup:
Flat land -  :thumbsup:
Street layout -  :thumbsup:
Windmills -  :thumbsup:
Highways -  :thumbsdown: (A at-grade intersection? That's not realistic)
Railways -  :thumbsup:
Rail catenaries -  :thumbsdown: (Missing detail)
Farms -  :thumbsup:
City walls -  :thumbsdown: (Not existing in most dutch towns. All demolished)
Signs - Doubt. Great that you've used my signs, but they are not used in the right way. The top sign is used for a highway-highway interchange, which is not the case. Anyway, it a great detail.

As you can see, you did it quite well. A applause for you.  &apls

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

south park

i follow marteen if you correct this detail your city will be perfect !! ;)
cairo and tropicalia (my cities) on tsc:
http://toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=441267

art128

great update here  :thumbsup: I really love the last picture  &apls :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Sciurus

It's beautiful! I never went to Netherlands but I find t beautiful! &apls &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

bat

Great work there on your "Netherlands" there! Looking forward to the next update... ;) :)

alan_vzla

Ok, the results are in and it's decided, the next update will be about the German Farmland and after that one we will be traveling to Madrid

Thanks to all who voted and I'll be waiting to hear from you all.

Alan

kimcar

tooheys

Alan, not bad, not bad at all.

Firstly, loved the rolling farmland in the previous update  :thumbsup:

The Dutch update also looks great and it is clear you put a lot of thought into the planning. Well done  &apls

You obviously pay attention to detail but there was one thing that did stand out that is shown in the following pic.

The elbows on the some of the bends are a tad ugly.With a bit of experimentation I'm sure you could get the smooth result like the two curves in the middle. I know it's a minor detail but it's those little things that make a good MD a great one. I hope you don't take that as critiscism, rather constructive feedback. You may not agree, I may well be wrong (not the 1st time  ::) )  but perhaps something to think about.

Regardless, as I stated above, a job well done. Look forward to more.

Dave

FrankU

As an addition to Tooheys words:
Windmills are never placed between trees: the trees take away the wind!
Anyway, tehre is a much mor beautiful winmill by Oppie. You will find it at Simcitycentral.

You did a lot of good work on your Netherlands project. Nice. I am especially curious about how you made the canals with the green edges. It looks like you relotted callagerafx's canals, deleted the cays and replaced them by shrubberies. Is that correct?
I will try that one of these days.

Good work!

alan_vzla

thanks for the comments, all nice so far, as always the replies will come with the full update.
As you probably know, our next destination is the German Farmland, I've been working on it but it's not finished yet... lot of work at school...

The town is around 70% finished, there missing estructures are some farms and plazas that I'll start doing tomorrow. I hope to post the full update on friday... without anything else to say I present you today's teaser:

alan_vzla

Ok, first of all, I never intended to double-post.... but since there were no replies....
Anyway, I planned to put a new teaser today and here is it:

metarvo

Those buildings are nice, and the wildflowers also add a nice splash of color to this shot. :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

FrankU

In both pictures the combination of houses and nature is very nice.
The dark castle with the fir trees gives a kind of Caspar David Friedrich atmosphere. But there is a lot of white  mist? under the trees. What is it?

The second picture shows a very nice street althought you made the houses a bit too brigt. You can see that the white surfaces "eat" a bit of the coloured ones. Pity.

But you catch nice atmospheres in you pics.

kimcar

&apls &apls Nice teaser mate, can`t wait for see all of it.

Simpson

Wow my friend  :o
This is really splendid, I love the picture with the castle
Incredible work and also I'm looking forward to the next update
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Lilojame

Hi!

I have to say that you are running a very interesting MD here. I definetly like how you manage your pics. Those farm-fields looks terrific. The castle picture is trully a great one-  &apls

Definetly waiting to see more.

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

bat

These are two wonderful teasers!! Great work! :thumbsup:

alan_vzla

REPLIES

Schulmanator : thank you very much
CabraBuitre : Thanks, glad you like it!
papab2000 : thanks
metarvo: thanks, glad to see you here again
mrtnrln: Thanks! Thank you very much! glad you liked your country  :D
south park: perfect no, but better... thanks for stopping by!
art128: thanks, happy you like it
Simpson: thank you very much
sciurus54: glad you find it that way... and let me tell you a  secret: I've never been in The Netherlands neither
bat: thanks, here's your update
kimcar: thanks
tooheys: thank you very much for stopping by and don't worry, suggestions are encouraged and very welcome
FrankU: thanks for the nice comment and for making the suggestion about Oppie's windmill. The canals are really Simgoober brick canal's but relotted, you'll find them on toutsimcity
metarvo: thanks!
FrankU: thanks for stopping by again. The "mist" is actually snow.
kimcar: glad you like it, thanks for stopping by
Simpson: thank you bon ami... here's the update
Lilojame: thanks, happy you find it that way. Let's hope you keep feeling the same way after this update
bat: thanks!

Ok, let's get moving with this update

UPDATE #4: GERMAN FARMLAND

In this town, we can still see stuff from WW2, such as this destroyed Tiger 1 Tank

A rural trail...

and the view from it

Don't forget to vote on the new poll, the destination that wins will be the 6th Update, after Madrid

Simpson

This is really excelent my friend, I love the first picture. Your village looks very good and réalistic. I'm looking forward to the next update  :thumbsup: &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura