• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Region overlay bug

Started by thebenchmark, June 13, 2012, 05:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebenchmark

Hello everyone

I love this game but i have a pretty serious problem with my region.
I've gone crazy in looking for a solution but nothing came out of google.
I hope you guys know something that can cure this?

WC_EEND

whoa, never seen that before. Perhaps try reinstalling the game and see if it persists?
Also, what exactly does this have to do with Minecraft (as mentioned in the thread title)? :P

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

thebenchmark

Hi,

Thanks for your anwser, i would know why i wrote minecraft there ()what()
If had this exact think multiple times actually, so on multiple pc's.

i just run it on windows 7.

vortext

Now that's interesting to say the least. The region view is normally updated during saving, perhaps you switched to another progrem while in the proces? 
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

thebenchmark

No, i didn't alt-tab or did anything during saving or just when playing the game.
I just happens sometimes, it only seems to happen to cities where i've been in. I have found only one similar event exactly like this, his problem wasn't solved as well...
I happens at random events, like for example after the fifth time i played in a city.

Would it have something to do with my settings or my dual gpu?

vortext

More likely it has something to do with the graphics card. I had my fair share of weird glitches, albeit in city mode, which disappeared after tinkering with the settings. Might be worthwhile to check those out, though it's hard to put it to the test when it only happens at random.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

thebenchmark

I'll try to port the region over to my other pc with a single GPU.

nb. it doesn't happen at random, every single time i start the gamer wether it is in windowed mode or not i get this spoiling look of my region.