• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Abelfarei

Started by CabraBuitre, February 04, 2007, 10:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

It's almost too much to comment about: the backstory behind the pic is good, the pics are exceptional, and the detail with which you have interwoven the streams, houses, and general infrastructure is quite spectacular. Keep it up.

emilin

Those tiny spanish houses are adorable. I use them alot myself. :thumbsup:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

CabraBuitre

RESPONSES

threestooges- Hopefully the streams will look even better when I give the waterfalls a bit of an overhaul with Citynut's rapids.

emilin- I love these Spanish houses...  These, along with Jeronij's recent release of 1x1 buildings of MBear's props will definately keep the Spanish feel!!!

Check out Abelfarei!

petercintn

Quote from: threestooges on February 18, 2007, 11:26:43 PM
spectacular

Man, you have a way with Peg's Streams & Ponds.  I've really enjoyed myself with you fabulous MD.
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

kimcar

&apls Great update . Very good use of Peg pound. I like your pics too. keep it up :thumbsup:

Flipside

I like your commitment to majestic parks.  :thumbsup: I'm sure your Sims do too.  ;D

thundercrack83

Wow, I don't know how I missed this one! I thought that I had posted here before, but after reading through, I realize that I didn't. I apologize! The terraforming work you did in the early updates is spectacular, and Pontiac Heights looks beautiful, too. I love the streams and ponds! I'll be looking forward to the next update!

kwakelaar

There are a lot of waterfalls here, and I still try to follow your stories. I like the camping ground you have made with the bridge over the Echo falls.
Don't know if it is intended but quite a few of your images seems to be a bit blury.

dedgren

The "Horse and Rider" statue pic in Pontiac Park is next week's (starting tomorrow- this week it's been one of jeronij's Biniarix pics from Grand Canyon) rotating desktop image.  It's beautifully composed.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

CabraBuitre

There's a possibility of another update soon... I don't work tomorrow (well, technically, today, it's after midnight here!) and I'm getting my new computer... so I'll probably need to fire it up and see how she works with SC4!

RESPONSES

petercintn- I wish I could just claim that I have some natual abilities with all things aqueous when it comes to SC4... but like anything else, repetition gives the desired result!  I was a basketball player in college and a math major... in both disciplines, the more you work and work and work at a particular skill, the better the outcome will be!  I'm just lucky (as we all are!) that we have just great pieces of custom content to use to our liking!

kimcar- I'm glad you like the pics... I'm just sorry that the last update didn't have pictures that were very crisp (more later!)

Flipside- Thanks for the comment!  One of my goals in creating these cities is this: would I like to spend some time here?  If not, then I simply change it... if so, then I've succeeded!  Especially with the parks of Alabaster Shores (which will be shown sometime in the relatively near future) I geared those towards what I would like to go visit!

thundercrack83- Thanks for the reply!  I'm glad you stopped by and left a note!  It really is encouraging to see what it is people like!  It helps to guide me in how to move forward in the future... I hope you'll check Abelfarei out again!

kwakelaar- Gjermund, Grr... to be honest, I just screwed up with the lack of crispness of my pictures...  These pictures were ones I used in an update over at Simtrop, but I when I had switched them over from .png's to .jpgs I had made them smaller pictures.  I thought I could stretch them back out to larger sizes, and I overwrote the pics with the larger ones... but about half way through, I realized I was losing the crispness of the pics... but it was too late, the damage was already done  :thumbsdown:   I'm going to be taking some more pics of Pontiac Heights when I work on updating the city a bit in the future... I haven't done anything extensive with the city in over a year, believe it or not!

dedgren David, wow, I'm honored to have a place on anyone's desktop, but to have it be someone who I really see as being an innovator of the game with the way you've created such realistic landscapes is QUITE an honor!  Thanks for your continued support!!

I've got some work to do molding some transitions in the LE and then I'll show some updates of Pontiac Heights.  I apologize that the updates don't occur more frequently, but they hopefully will be much more frequent now that I'll have a computer that will be much more responsive when I'm trying to do things with my cities!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Check out Abelfarei!

sebes

The Widowmakerfalls and Echofalls are simply amazing. And the orange houses make  Abelfarei a very Dutch atmosphere even in the parts of the region where the Dutch colonist did not settle  :D
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Heinz

awesome first two pages  &apls that sums up to a great start (or continuation) i love the huge park! very colorful. your transitions between waters with those falls are great. clean and crisp. i like them. the lots you put in are splendid. again, very colorful. but you haven't followed through. i hope you get to update here often. see you around

CabraBuitre

Nope, this isn't dead... I've just been out of town the last 3 weeks, and I set it aside for a bit... I picked it back up last night, though, and have some great new ideas!

Check out Abelfarei!

thundercrack83

Quote from: CabraBuitre on March 26, 2007, 04:37:22 PM
Nope, this isn't dead... I've just been out of town the last 3 weeks, and I set it aside for a bit... I picked it back up last night, though, and have some great new ideas!

Glad to hear it, my friend! I can't wait to see what you have next!

Heinz

thats good to hear!!!  :thumbsup: see you around and the sooner the better  :P

Flipside

Can't wait to see the parks of Alabaster Shores, Cabra!  ;) ;D Will be watching.

CabraBuitre

Alabaster Shores... UPDATE #4

Here's the first real update of Alabaster Shores!  I'm still working on many spots and trying to pass my own personal standards...!

I've already changed many of these sections 4 and 5 times, and I'm pretty happy with these that I'm showing here now!!

Below are some shots of Monroe Memorial Garden.  It is in honor of James Howard Monroe, who served in Viet Nam.  He put the lives of his fellow soldiers in front of his own as he risked his life to respond to cries of help from other soldiers.  He then gave his own life to save the life of others.  A grenade was thrown near his position.  Pushing injured comrades out of the way, he fell upon it and sacrificed himself so that others could live.  These shots were taken on Memorial Day, as the color guard honored the one who gave his life and they remember his bravery and valor.

Hmm... Running out of time to post!  I might be able to come back and provide some captions for the other pics soon!!

These last four shots are the masterpiece of Nikolash Kottari, world renowned for his intricate pieces that have a place in the world's finest gardens and parks.

Hope you enjoyed this update!!

RESPONSES

First off, sorry it's taken me so long to update.  My time has been slim these past few months, but I've steadily worked here and there and I keep seeing many things that continue to inspire me to work even harder!

Sebes-  Thanks for post Sebes!  I'm going to revisit Pontiac Heights sometime soon and see if I can make it even better and more realistic!

Heinz-  Well... maybe it wasn't a quick "follow through"... but here's another update for you!

Thundercrack83-  It's not dead yet... it's getting better... It thinks is will go for a walk...  It feels happy!!... (WHACK)

Ok, maybe it's done now.

Just kidding!

Heinz (#2)-  Is now soon enough...?!  Hope you like it!

Flipside-  Hopefully these will be even better the next time I'm able to show an update.  These have been largely unchanged for at least 6 months!

Hope you all like it!  I love to read your comments!!

Check out Abelfarei!

dedgren

It's a pleasure to see this fine MD return to the active categories!  Thanks, CabraBuitre, for coming back and sharing more of Abelfarei with us.

Best of luck in the weeks ahead.  Lots of folks, I'm sure, will be watching for further updates.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

kwakelaar

This is a huge garden, and really beautifully made. So many different looking lots with flowers in all colours. The wild flower garden would be my favourite and the city gardens in the last pictures.

Nice to see you updating again.

bat

That parks are looking beautiful, CabraBuitre! Great using of these lots!! :thumbsup: