• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFire870

Hey David,

This is my first post here at 3RR, and I'm in awe. I've read all 86 pages here at SC4D, and some of the pages at ST. This project is an inspiration. I loved the region so much that I'm using it to start my own project of sorts, although of course it won't get as much attention or be as great as 3RR. And even though the map takes forever to load on my computer, I love the vastness of it.

Again, great job so far, and I can't wait to see what's next. (And congrats on 1000 posts!)

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

dragonshardz

did anyone notice that Patfirefightr posted the

1700th comment?
Darn...missed it by 2 posts...curse you cyberspace gods!! WHY must you torment me so?!!!

beskhu3epnm

David,

Just passing through on my way over to "NHP place" (to look at MY thread, which no one ever does). That map you've made is of extreme interest to me. Awwwwesome work! You have a seemingly never-ending talent that is not limited by....... anything?

Well I seemed to have missed 50+ pages or so, which is no small feat. But I will catch up. Marketh my words-eth.

someday...

Travis!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Pat

LoL Dragonshardz thank you for pointing that out lol.....  David congrats on finaly hitting 1000 and exspecialy in your own theard &apls &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dragonshardz

you're welcome pat. its the least i can do after you visiting my MD so much.

mightygoose

jestarr is going to have to BAT his own premises lol, which im sure is what you were hoping somewhere in your head. great new road maps, they are like proffessional map quality... we could make up an atlas, it could have different features on different pages with all the various maps you have made..
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

FrankU

Dedgren,

After some weeks of reading I finally ended up at this page. I really have not much to say. What can I say that has not been said already? I amazed. I couldn't even dream of spending so much time on SC4, leave alone the things around you are showing us here.

But somehow I seem to have missed part three of the Seasonal Lot Tutorial. I am really curious of what I could do with Ilive's Reader....

dragonshardz

@FrankU: The third part of he tutorial is on David back burner...somewhere....  :thumbsup:

Pat

David today i saw on the most amazing videos on spike tv about three rivers fire department having a
oil tank fire that went up in a ball of flames and i started to laugh to hard and so i did this search on
three rivers

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

flame1396

The road map looks like its annoying to do.  :thumbsup:
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

dedgren

Things continue to come together.

I did the township boundaries layer for grins.  Each is four large quads, and five miles/eight kilometers on a side.  The ferry routes are what will work in the game based on adjacency of quads with ferry terminals.

The pic is 60 percent of actual map size.

Oh...

QuoteThe road map looks like its annoying to do.

It's work, I'll say that.  But very rewarding as it comes together.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

Wow! Incredible. Just when I thought I was impressed, you go and outdo yourself!

BigSlark

David,

ROAD MAPS! Wow! You inspire me to get better at this whole SC4 thing that I dedicate so much time to.

Could there be a road layer tutorial in the future?  ;)  ;)

Cheers,
Kevin

Jmouse

Alpha and omega. The beginning of a loftier level of game play, and the end of any hope to top this level of accomplishment in SC4. David, has anyone ever told you you're a genius?

Until next time...
Joan

bat

That's looking great, David! Wonderful work on the map!

btw, my 100th post to this MD!

Pat

david that is awsome man as allways great job and will see your next post - pat

dedgren

A truly busy weekend...

Here's this, though.

Route markers and moving a few more things around are all that's left before fine-tuning stuff.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Ryan B.

That's coming along better and better, David!  You're doing a fabulous job here.  It'll be just a matter of time before I start cranking out route marker signs, and exit signs, and the like.   :thumbsup:

meldolion

well well well, all it's coming toghether then :)

nice maps over there!

bat

another great progress/ picture of that map! :thumbsup:

my 2650th post!