• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RAM Request Thread

Started by CasperVg, February 10, 2008, 12:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on April 15, 2008, 04:15:28 PM
To my knowledge, 2 tile wide, dragable rail bridges can not be done (at this time).

I have to correct that. Two tile wide draggable railroad bridges are possible and done. But it has not been released because of some transit congestion problems, not related to the two tiles wideness, but because the bridge is a double deck bridge. The only thing you need is a starter/end puzzle piece (also existing atm but for double deck bridges as well) and a well modded bridge railroad exemplar.

No need to even look at the exe  $%Grinno$%
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

RebaLynnTS

Now you know why I put in (at this time), cause I knew someone would figure it out :)
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

ExplodingSims

Hmmm...So the potental is there....Any BATters willing to take this on?

smoncrie

I was playing around with wires on slopping rail using T21s.  Is anyone is interested in this?

MandelSoft

It's a very interresting idea &Thk/(...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ehbk2006

Can you make the wires a little bit thinner?

//Brings me on an idea, you can use invisable road to make powerlines, with this technique.  :thumbsup:
My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

smoncrie

Mrtnrln,

I think it is an old idea, but I have not heard that anyone else has been successful, except on level ground. There is a trick to doing it.

Ehbk2006,

I certainly can change it, but my expertise is in modding; I am a clumsy BATer.   This is a first draft, to see if my technique would work.  I appreciate suggestions, and I could probably do with some help.

It would not work very well with roads, visible or not, because the wires would bend every time the slope changes and that would look strange. (I hope it does not look too strange with rail!)

Kitsune

overhead wires for our electric trains, rejoice !  ;D
~ NAM Team Member

Andreas

Well, this is certainly very nice. :) Are you willing to do the T21's? As you may know, I started something like this by using Kenworth's excellent SFBT catenary props (masts, but no wires, although they could be BATted as well, I guess), but due to time constricts, I never got very far...
Andreas

DeatzoSeol

Quote from: smoncrie(I hope it does not look too strange with rail!)
Well ... normally trains simply do not have steep slopes $%Grinno$%, it's physically impossible ... only very soft slopes are possible. So, don't worry about overhead wires/catenaries on slopes... $%Grinno$%

smoncrie

Andreas,

I can do the T21's.  Are you suggesting that we work together on this?  That would be nice.

Your suggestion works very well with my wires because they must be a separate prop from the masts.

To handle the slopes, the wires must be specially made as well, but they are not too complicated.

I think that all rail tiles except orthogonal and diagonal straight tracks are always flat, and that makes things simpler.

DeatzoSeol,

In the real world that is certainly true, but Simcity4 trains can go on steep slopes, so we have to handle them.

MandelSoft

It's better to have a slopemodd, so you don't have insanely steep slopes.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

shadd0w09

i dont no if this is the right forurm to ask this is the going to be a link piece and ground road piece's for the hsrp like glr becaus ghsr look weird ith out them and a under elevated highway piece would be nice hope its not mutch to ask

allan_kuan1992

yeah... it'd work best with a slope mod like the ones Ennedi, BRF, and jeronij have made. Nice to see that such technique is possible. =)

- Allan Kuan

MassHelper

As for single track rail pieces, can the transition from single track <-> dual tracks be like this:

Or like this:

|       |    R|RRRR|
|       |  R  |      |
|RRRR|RRRR|RRRR|

Or:

|       |    RR|RRRR|
|RRRR |RR    |      |
|       |    RR|RRRR|

In addition, will there be a transition piece for side <-> middle in single track rail pieces?

Like this:

Or like this:
SC4 Modders' Assistant and Adviser

Toichus Maximus

I believe that options 1 and 2 are most standard, though it'd be terrible to try and deal with non-centered rail. I'd start with just the centered SLR because it'd involve far less effort.

MassHelper

Of course, Toichus  ;). However, I also think that if there is the 15 degree fractional curve for a side <-> centre SLR, the first and second option would be possible as well.

:) Mass

MassHelper

Just in case you were wondering what I am talking about...  :D

Here's the link:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3697.0

Scroll down a bit, and you will see dedgren's 15 degree fractional curve.

:) Mass

Streetlight 725

Is the RAM is out yet?
Can they have a single rail line instead of two?

Andreas

Quote from: Streetlight 725 on September 05, 2008, 02:37:55 PM
Is the RAM is out yet?
Can they have a single rail line instead of two?

It wasn't even started so far. ;) Numerous people were making requests, and several volunteers showed up and promised to help, but so far, I haven't seen anyone taking up the initiative, unfortunately.
Andreas