• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAMeLots - Dependencies

Started by mightygoose, July 31, 2007, 11:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafonc

oops.seems i have missed those 2 &ops
Sorry for this, but there were no links in the readme &mmm

JoeST

I cant find theese building anywhere on the page it is linked to:

MISSING : CrystalPile-0x5ad0e817_0x8dbb957b_0x90000.SC4Model has not been found, you can download it : http://raika-s.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

MISSING : IoliteSpire-0x5ad0e817_0x8dbb957b_0x130000.SC4Model has not been found, you can download it : http://raika-s.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

thanks for any help
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

HabLeUrG

just a question, is that really important to have all the CAMeLots dependencies installed? because there are some buildings that i don't want in my city

BarbyW

HableUrG: If you don't want the buildings then just delete the lots for them and don't bother with the models. The lots generally have the same name as the model so should be esy to spot and delete.
Star.Torturer: That question has been answered many times both in this thread and the CAM - General Discussion thread. I gave a reply on page 8 of the latter. Please search the threads before asking again.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

JoeST

im sorry for not searching, but the page that it takes me to doesnt seem to let me download anything, and i cant find the lot anyway

BarbyW

This is my previous post about how to find the Japanese BATs:

For those who do want to collect the Japanese models:
http://raika-s.hp.infoseek.co.jp/ on this link if you click English on the left you will find things a bit easier. Only the Commercial page you need The Mitsubishi Crystal Mall and Kirishima Iolite Spire. To download click on the name above the picture.
On this link http://www.yuhisa.com/cgi/c-board/c-board.cgi?cmd=one;page=17;id= click All View at the top and scroll down the page to find Integriculture and then go to page 3 to find Velascoma - this is a 15MB download so delete this one if you are on dial up
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

JoeST

ok. i am sorry for that.

oh and is there any reason why the frame doesnt work?? it just shows the top of the page without a scroll bar

RippleJet

To help out a bit further I'll post the direct links to the downloads of these four Japanese bats that seem to be the most difficult ones to find.

Integriculture by 2ch.net simplayer

Velacosma Associates by 2ch.net simplayer

Kirishima Iolite Spire by Raika

Mitsubishi Crystal Mall by Raika

JoeST

Thank you so very much, another problem im getting is that they are not disappearing from the cleanitol list, and this isnt only the Japanese ones, some of dusktroopers aren't ether

actualy its just this one at the mo:

DuskTrooper's Juneau Bank Tower [Model].dat

im only about half way through the list

im emptying all the usefull (model, dat, desc, lot) files into one subfolder, is that wrong??

RippleJet

Seems like those [ ] signs cause the problem. What version of Cleanitol are you running?

There was a report about that problem here.

BSC Cleanitol ™ was updated March 1st to correct that problem, and has been updated three times after that as well.

HabLeUrG

will the recent sim goober homes pack will be at the CAMeLots? i cant wait for those  ;D

RippleJet

A certain lady is working hard on remodding all SimGoober's lots. Most of them will still be below stage 8, but CAMpatible. A few taller ones may become CAMeLots. ;)

JoeST

i downloaded it last today, and i am using v2.3

oh and can you tell me what filetypes you need to keep, is it just the descs and the models?? i dont want plopables

RippleJet

We just tried the Cleanitol with that particular file and indeed, the Cleanitol won't recognize a filename containing [ or ].
The fix mentioned above obviously only addressed the problem with [ or ] in the folder names...

Since Wouanagaine is away due to RL, we can't promise he will fix that issue anytime soon.
For the time being I can only recommend to remove that model file manually. ;)

Yes, you only need the SC4Model files from those dependencies. SC4Lot and SC4Desc files should be left behind.

In order to remove older growable lots, you can use the CAM Remove Lots BSC Cleanitol.
Ploppable lots need to be removed manually, or rather not installed at all in the first place, if possible. ;)

JoeST

actualy i just tried again, and for some reason it worked lol... it had also not copied the dat file over for some strange reason

it also dissapeard in cleanitol

Pat

Quote from: RippleJet on August 14, 2007, 01:12:06 PM
A certain lady is working hard on remodding all SimGoober's lots. Most of them will still be below stage 8, but CAMpatible. A few taller ones may become CAMeLots. ;)

lol hmm i wonder who that could possiblty being??

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

platyfish124

I need help with one of the Residential Stage 9 buildings. The two times that the Seaview Tower 2 built in my cities (actually, it only grew in one city, but twice. If that makes any sense) they grew as brown boxes. I checked the readme to see if I was missing any plugins, but none were (I'm pretty meticulous about that). So that's why I'm here asking for help. Oh yeah, and by the way, who is making SimGoober's lots CAMpatible, anyway? :D Never mind, I found the building. Too bad the aforementioned buildings are in my biggest city. It'll take an hour to see if it worked or not, though. Sometimes I feel like killing my computer.

ares416

To try to clarify which files I need in my plugins folder, please let me know if I am understanding this correctly:

I have a folder named "CAM" in my plugins folder which contains several subfolders named CO$$, CO$$$, Farms, etc...

There are files with extension  .sc4lot  in those subfolders and I"m assuming that those sc4lot files I need to keep to get those buildings to grow.

I also have downloaded all of the individual building dependencies and have created a folder for each type in my plugins folder (com, res, and ind). Inside these folders I have subfolders for each individual building downloaded, for example, "Iolite Spire".

Inside the subfolder "Iolite Spire" there are three files:
"IoliteSpire-0x5ad0e817_0x8dbb957b_0x130000.SC4Model",
"Kirishima Iolite Spire-0x6534284a-0x8dbb957b-0x2e929df5.SC4Desc", and "Raika_KirishimaIoliteSpire_ae92a194.SC4Lot"

From what I can understand from this post, I am assuming that I will only need the first file: "IoliteSpire-0x5ad0e817_0x8dbb957b_0x130000.SC4Model". The other two I can do away with. If I keep the other two files, that could possibly interfere with the way CAM decides which buildings to grow.

So I should remove all of the SC4Lot and SC4Desc files from the individual building subfolders, however I should keep the SC4Lot files from the CAM subfolders, otherwise those buildings would not grow.

I wish now that I had started with a clean plugins folder because I don't remember which files are CAMpatible. For example I have a folder called "My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\BSC\Farms\Fields" which is filled with SC4Lot files such as "CSX Farm Field - Apples_af12466c.SC4Lot" and I'm not sure if these are interfering with CAM or not. I may have downloaded these as dependencies for the CAM lots or not. I suppose my only option would be to start over with a clean plugins folder, ugh. 

Please let me know if my assumptions are correct. I don't have any experience modding or anything so I'm not entirely sure what each of those files do but this is what I have pieced together from reading this forum.

RippleJet

Quote from: ares416 on August 15, 2007, 06:38:31 AM
From what I can understand from this post, I am assuming that I will only need the first file: "IoliteSpire-0x5ad0e817_0x8dbb957b_0x130000.SC4Model". The other two I can do away with. If I keep the other two files, that could possibly interfere with the way CAM decides which buildings to grow.

So I should remove all of the SC4Lot and SC4Desc files from the individual building subfolders, however I should keep the SC4Lot files from the CAM subfolders, otherwise those buildings would not grow.

Quite right! :thumbsup:

Quote from: ares416 on August 15, 2007, 06:38:31 AM
I wish now that I had started with a clean plugins folder because I don't remember which files are CAMpatible. For example I have a folder called "My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\BSC\Farms\Fields" which is filled with SC4Lot files such as "CSX Farm Field - Apples_af12466c.SC4Lot" and I'm not sure if these are interfering with CAM or not. I may have downloaded these as dependencies for the CAM lots or not. I suppose my only option would be to start over with a clean plugins folder, ugh. 

Please let me know if my assumptions are correct. I don't have any experience modding or anything so I'm not entirely sure what each of those files do but this is what I have pieced together from reading this forum.

Having older, pre-CAM farms will not ruin your development.
Since farms won't upgrade anyways, it is not necessary that higher stage farms have a higher occupancy than all lower stage farms.

ares416

Excellent! Thank you.

So I will keep the farms. One more question: I have some lots in the folder : "My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\BSC\Mattb325\"

One is called "Bristol" (namely, "R$$3_2x2_Mattb325_Bristol(1)_f1c1938a.SC4Lot"), it is a medium wealth residential lot (possibly stage 3). I believe I downloaded that before CAM.

Would something like this be an issue with CAM or is it only the higher density, higher stage lots which cause issues? As I understand the issue with inCAMpatible buildings in the first place is they are built out of order with the CAM lots, i.e. a CAM stage 8 commercial building is actually only around the middle of the stages while without CAM it would be the end stage.

If this is true then it would make sense that the lower stage/density buildings wouldn't be as much of an issue and probably be ok to keep. I think I read that the stage 8 non-CAM buildings are really the ones that cause problems. Correct me if I'm wrong, I just wanted to clarify this.

This mod is really amazing and is adding a lot more depth to this game which I have just picked up after not playing for a couple years. A big thanks to the modders who created this one!  &apls