• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - inCAMpatible Mods

Started by RippleJet, August 03, 2007, 05:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korot

Those CAMeLOTs simply wouldn't grow. The only thing CAMeLOTs do when you have them installed, without the CAM itself being installed as well, is taking up space on your HDD.

Regards,
Korot

a_muses

I never could get the hang of signatures....

jmyers2043

In fact, Peg even says it is not compatible. Honestly, the SPAM will not cause your game to crash when used in conjunction with CAM. But it does some tinkering with the 'rules' of the game and will conflict with the CAM. You'll be half CAM half SPAM and the result will be some strange demands - you'll not be able to trust the demand graph's nor the employment reports.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

SilverCyric

This is very true. I run CAM and SPAM and it never know what they actually need by looking at demand graphs... I just try and balance the number if jobs at half the number of people. It seems to be working, not a single city tile has dilapidated and they're almost 300 years old. It's been a nice organic spread, but the numbers and the demands are senseless...

Carny

Hello to everyone. :)
I read your previous messages about CAM-SPAM and i have some questions about (sorry in advance for my bad english):

So SPAM and CAM togheter give just simple RCI graph bugs or Demand effective alterations?
In last case, for your opinion, there is a way to fix or patch CAM rules (only about low-density industrial zones) to avoid these alterations?
I know also that CAM allows 7 industrial stages, instead SPAM allows only 5 ones. If demands problems are generated by this discrepancy, can we reduce only CAM farm stages to 5 as SPAM rules?

P.S. i have CAM but i've never installed CAM farms. Lately i tried SPAM and i like it, but i noticed some weird demands in the gameplay (also in non-agricoltural cities). I wuold like to find a way to use both mods without abandonements or unemployments problems.

Thanks in advance for the help. :)

Northern Pyro

A mod was uploaded today on the stex:
Maxis Seasonal - Residential & Commercial Lots 1.0
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28771-maxis-seasonal-residential-commercial-lots/
I am not sure whether or not it is CAMpatible, I am leaning heavily toward not, because it contains copies of EVERY residential and commercial Maxis lot in the game, replacing the trees to be seasonal, and decreasing the number of lights on some.
It would be great to possibly include this in the CAM

whatevermind

Thanks for bringing this to attention. PaulSawyer (the creator) answered this in the comments for his upload, but I'll repeat it here just in case it gets missed:

I didn't modify them in PIM-X, so - no, this mod is unCAMpatible. Sorry

zwitser

Hi all,

quick question about CAM. If a building on LEX has 2 versions: Growable (stage 6 I-HT) and ploppable. Do i need to install CAM to plop the buildings? Or can i just plop it in my city without the need to install CAM first?

"Both lots are 5 x 10 tiles, stage 6 growables. The I-HT is also made as a plop." http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2106

Korot

You don't need CAM for the plopables.

dayoungerman

Is there a current list of CAMpatible Mods? I'm looking for compatible extensions to CAM since we probably will not see CAM 2.0.

vortext

If you're after RCI mods than the Turbo Mod is the only one that's CAMpatible afaik. I use it for the extra oomph to start out but be forewarned, growth can and most often will be relentless. Prepare for a never ending battle with 'no job' zots.  ;D

Other than that there's a CAMpatible version of T-Wrecks Industrial Revolution. And of course there's info in this very thread to make SPAM integrate with the CAM, or the other way around depending on your preference.

Hope this answers your question as I wasn't quite sure what you meant with 'compatible extensions to CAM'.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana