• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cascadia: A Light in the Pacific (Mar. 1, 2012)

Started by canyonjumper, December 12, 2009, 02:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djvandrake

Congrats on OSITM!  Great update.  That lightning pic is awesome.  &apls

RickD

Yeah, the lightning pic is great. And the canals, too of course.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

metarvo

I really like the variety of road transit networks you have there, Jordan.  The canals are rather nice, too.  Good work!  :thumbsup:

Congrats on OSITM!  &apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Tomas Neto

The development of the city is fantastic, my friend!!! The system of roads, streets, canals and parks are excellent!!!  :thumbsup:

canyonjumper

Quote from: daryl7478 on July 03, 2010, 01:39:20 PM
Nice update Jordan! Congrats for getting OSITM this month.
Happy(almost) American Independence Day!
-Daryl

Thanks Daryl!

Quote from: sumwonyuno on July 04, 2010, 04:56:28 AM
Congratulations, and I really like that interchange!   :thumbsup:
Thanks!

Quote from: nedalezz on July 04, 2010, 05:32:10 AM
Stunning update! I really liked the mosaic of the canal, and the newscast were nicely done too! Congrats on the deserved OSITM!
Thank you very much Nedal!

Quote from: Nego on July 04, 2010, 08:44:00 AM
Happy 4th of July!!*, Canyonjumper!

Congratulations because not only is your mayor diary O.S.I.T.M., but this has been one of your best updates yet! The pictures in the beginning were very cool, especially because of the boarders. Just wondering but what does CABC stand for? I think it's Cascadia A________ Broadcasting Company but I'm not sure what the 'A' would stand for. Anyway, all of your pictures look great, and what medians did you use (on your RHW & in your mosaic)? They look great! Oh, and BTW, those OWR wide median avenues look great and are a great idea. I just have one suggestion, check this out because it will make those avenues look a little better and you won't even have to download anything.

:)

*American Independence Day
Thanks Nego! CABC stands for CAscadian Broadcasting Corporation, so you were very close ;D The medians were found here, and here, and here. And yes, I have seen your tutorial ;D Plus, you know I'm Canadian right? :P Thanks again!

Quote from: marsh on July 04, 2010, 01:01:30 PM
    Wow great update. The city is amazing and that W2W area looks like a little slum, and that lightning pic looks astonishing. Its by far amoungst the best pics Ive ever seen. Also congrats on the OSITM.   :thumbsup:

,marsh  :satisfied:

P.S. Nego, I like you avatar  :P
Thanks marsh! Glad you like the lightning pics, most people seem to enjoy it ;D

Quote from: ecoba on July 04, 2010, 08:17:47 PM
Looks great, Jordan! It certainly is a WIP, but it has potential and I can't wait to see more! :)

Ethan
Thanks Ethan!

Quote from: planetechef on July 04, 2010, 08:49:07 PM
nice update, very good looking lightning storm effect and a great mosaic too  :thumbsup:
Thank you!

Quote from: superhands on July 04, 2010, 09:12:32 PM
very good use of the Nwm Jordan! :)
Thanks Dave! Hope you enjoy what I did this time.

Quote from: ShultzCity on July 04, 2010, 10:07:47 PM
Great update Jordan! Love the WIP shots  :thumbsup:
Thanks Jacob!

Quote from: Haljackey on July 04, 2010, 10:16:50 PM
Nice update! I like the extensive use of NWM!  :thumbsup:
Thanks Hal!

Quote from: greckman on July 05, 2010, 05:53:21 AM
Those mosaics are fabulous, nice use of the canals and the w2w. I like the buildings that have stuff on their side. 7UP! (y)
Thanks Greg! Y'know that the ( y ) only works on CSGf right? It's : thumbsup : here ;D

Quote from: Battlecat on July 05, 2010, 08:51:35 AM
Congratulations on OSITM!  You've done some great work over the past month, looking forward to seeing what you've got planned! 
Thanks BC!

Quote from: djvandrake on July 05, 2010, 02:45:48 PM
Congrats on OSITM!  Great update.  That lightning pic is awesome.  &apls
Thanks DJ! Haven't seen you around in awhile ;D

Quote from: RickD on July 06, 2010, 05:58:42 AM
Yeah, the lightning pic is great. And the canals, too of course.
Thanks Rick!

Quote from: metarvo on July 06, 2010, 07:12:54 AM
I really like the variety of road transit networks you have there, Jordan.  The canals are rather nice, too.  Good work!  :thumbsup:

Congrats on OSITM!  &apls
Thanks metarvo!

Quote from: Tomas Neto on July 09, 2010, 10:47:24 AM
The development of the city is fantastic, my friend!!! The system of roads, streets, canals and parks are excellent!!!  :thumbsup:
Thank you Tomas!

Hey guys! I'm back with Update 26, OSTIM #2! ;D I've completed a bit more of Surley, but there's still empty spots visible in my pics. I leave for holidays tomorrow, so I don't know if I will be able to update again for a bit. My plan is to keep playing SC4 while I have no internet, and transfer everything to a USB stick when I get to my grandma's house. I won't have internet for at least a week, as I'm camping up north for a bit. On to the pics!

26-01
Here's Surley Stadium, Home of the Surley Sharks.

26-02
A completed canalside commercial area.

26-03
An uncompleted park, and a high school football (or handegg :P) stadium.

26-04
Experimentation with Glenni's bridges.

26-05
A canalside townhome complex.

26-06
The Aquarium.

26-07
Another commercial area.

26-08
Another W2W section of the city. Mattb325's stuff came in handy again.

26-09
More of the W2W section.

26-10
Highway 23, at the intersection with Camosun St.

26-11
More from the downtown core.

Here's a few close-up shots, Zoom 5, which I rarely do.
26-12

26-13
I love these townhomes ;D

26-14

26-15
A rare night shot. Apparently I'm missing the Night lighting fix.... Anyone have a link?

26-16
And a mosaic of a neighbourhood that I really like ;D (click for full)

I hope you guys enjoyed this update!

Featured CC

Just because I'm pressed for time, I won't be doing this section.

Your friend,
                              Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Nego

Awesome update, as usual. &apls I like your use of the NWM. Also, thanks for all the links. :) And I could of sworn that you had this: under your username in your posts instead of this one: . Oh well. ::)

P.S. I just happened to bookmark the link for the night-lighting update. Click here to download it right away.

nedalezz

Such stunning work, you continue to impress with each update! The canalside complexes look great there, and judging by how beautiful your close up shots are, I recommend you start taking more of them :)

Tomas Neto

Wow, great update, awesome work my friend!!! Your city is very beautiful!!!  &apls &apls

Kevin1a

Looks good.  Very varied.  You have a good looking commercial area, with sufficient parking, and the residential area looks well developed and somewhat wealthy.  That RHW right on the corner of the picture fit nicely.  I have trouble making the interchanges small enough to use inside of a city.  I see you are using the NWM a lot.

CabraBuitre

I don't recognize the mansions in pics 12 and 14... are those custom, or do you remember where you got them?

Keep up the good work!

Check out Abelfarei!

rooker1

Great update and I hope you enjoy your vacation.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

metarvo

Those residential areas look so good, Jordan.  I'm also enjoying seeing the NWM get some good use here.  Keep up the good work, and enjoy your vacation!  :thumbsup:  :)

CabraBuitre: I don't know about all of them, and I guess Jordan could tell you more about them, but I'll do my best since he's probably on vacation by now.  I'm positive that the mansion in pic 12 with the greenhouse next to it and the single red car in the driveway is the Prestondale by Mattb325.  I'm fairly certain that the one across from it is another Mattb325 home, The Fitzsimmon.  In pic 14, I think the mansion towards the lower left across from the school is The Westcliffe XIII by Mattb325.  Just do a search for Mattb325 on the LEX and you'll find a wide variety of good suburban houses, including mansions like the ones that I named.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Battlecat

Great looking update once again.  Great to see you're adopting the NWM so quickly! 

djvandrake

Great looking update!  &apls  I like your zoomed in shots too.

marsh

CJ, Stunning update once again! You did a great job on all the buildings and also on implimenting the NWM.

,marsh  :thumbsup:

P.S. Have fun on your trip!  :sunny:

CabraBuitre

Quote from: metarvo on July 12, 2010, 06:40:46 AM
Those residential areas look so good, Jordan.  I'm also enjoying seeing the NWM get some good use here.  Keep up the good work, and enjoy your vacation!  :thumbsup:  :)

CabraBuitre: I don't know about all of them, and I guess Jordan could tell you more about them, but I'll do my best since he's probably on vacation by now.  I'm positive that the mansion in pic 12 with the greenhouse next to it and the single red car in the driveway is the Prestondale by Mattb325.  I'm fairly certain that the one across from it is another Mattb325 home, The Fitzsimmon.  In pic 14, I think the mansion towards the lower left across from the school is The Westcliffe XIII by Mattb325.  Just do a search for Mattb325 on the LEX and you'll find a wide variety of good suburban houses, including mansions like the ones that I named.

Yep, I think you're right.  I hadn't DL'd the most recent stuff... and I'm missing quite a bit!

Check out Abelfarei!

planetechef

Great update, i really enjoy watching your traffic, Nice touch the new NWM, definitly great.
& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

kwakelaar

Very nice use of the canals through the city. And a nice mix of buildings both old and modern.

Earth quake

Nice update, I really like your suburbs and your NWM touch.  :thumbsup:

canyonjumper

Quote from: Nego on July 10, 2010, 01:58:02 PM
Awesome update, as usual. &apls I like your use of the NWM. Also, thanks for all the links. :) And I could of sworn that you had this: under your username in your posts instead of this one: . Oh well. ::)

P.S. I just happened to bookmark the link for the night-lighting update. Click here to download it right away.
Awesome, thanks for the link and the comment! And don't worry, Canadians are pacifists. (Well, I am at least :P)

Quote from: nedalezz on July 11, 2010, 06:38:37 AM
Such stunning work, you continue to impress with each update! The canalside complexes look great there, and judging by how beautiful your close up shots are, I recommend you start taking more of them :)
Thanks Nedal! I think I'll take some more ;D

Quote from: Tomas Neto on July 11, 2010, 04:45:26 PM
Wow, great update, awesome work my friend!!! Your city is very beautiful!!!  &apls &apls
Thanks Tomas!

Quote from: Kevin1a on July 11, 2010, 05:27:58 PM
Looks good.  Very varied.  You have a good looking commercial area, with sufficient parking, and the residential area looks well developed and somewhat wealthy.  That RHW right on the corner of the picture fit nicely.  I have trouble making the interchanges small enough to use inside of a city.  I see you are using the NWM a lot.
Thanks Kevin! Yes, I use the NWM heavily, because the networks included in it are common where I live. Plus, it's just pure awesomeness ;D

Quote from: CabraBuitre on July 11, 2010, 09:34:30 PM
I don't recognize the mansions in pics 12 and 14... are those custom, or do you remember where you got them?

Keep up the good work!
Look at metarvo's comment :D

Quote from: rooker1 on July 12, 2010, 05:57:56 AM
Great update and I hope you enjoy your vacation.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Thanks Robin!

Yes, all the houses in the close-ups are Matt's. His BATs are excellent. I love the NWM, it's probably my favourite mod right now ;D Thanks metarvo!

Quote from: djvandrake on July 14, 2010, 07:33:43 PM
Great looking update!  &apls  I like your zoomed in shots too.
Thanks DJ!

Quote from: Battlecat on July 12, 2010, 08:39:30 AM
Great looking update once again.  Great to see you're adopting the NWM so quickly! 
As I've stated above, I love the NWM ;D

Quote from: marsh on July 14, 2010, 11:50:53 PM
CJ, Stunning update once again! You did a great job on all the buildings and also on implimenting the NWM.

,marsh  :thumbsup:

P.S. Have fun on your trip!  :sunny:
Thanks marshy!

Quote from: CabraBuitre on July 15, 2010, 10:07:35 PM

Yep, I think you're right.  I hadn't DL'd the most recent stuff... and I'm missing quite a bit!
Yup, he's right ;D

Quote from: planetechef on July 17, 2010, 05:14:04 AM
Great update, i really enjoy watching your traffic, Nice touch the new NWM, definitly great.
What traffic? :P It's a ghost town right now, until I hit the play button ;D. Thanks planetchef!

Quote from: kwakelaar on July 18, 2010, 02:26:38 AM
Very nice use of the canals through the city. And a nice mix of buildings both old and modern.
Thanks Gjermund!

Quote from: Earth quake on July 18, 2010, 05:04:48 AM
Nice update, I really like your suburbs and your NWM touch.  :thumbsup:
Thanks Vivien!

Your friend,
                                      Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.